American Bulldog Attacks 5 Year Old?

A five year old British girl suffered severe facial injuries after she was mauled by her family's American bulldog.
It was a terrible attack, her face looks awful now.
The girl, named locally as Tanisha Hall, was taken to hospital along with her stepfather, who injured his arm trying to force the dog to release her.
I thought American Bulldogs were friendly animals, are they bad dogs to have around your child?
My brother recently bought one and my daughter is 2 years old, so I'm concerned about this.

asked by Palmer in Controversy | 7820 views | 05-31-2010 at 06:25 PM

This is not the first incident of its nature as only a month ago an 18 month old Zumer Ahmed was mauled to death by an American bulldog at Crawley-West Sussex.
American Bulldogs are dangerous, specially around children.

Animal attacks child for little reason. The five-year-old girl suffered severe injuries to the face after she was attacked by a bulldog in Northamptonshire. The American bulldog was grabbed by the girl's stepfather in an effort to release her.

The dog is a family pet, and when the stepfather saw what was happening, he tried to force the animal away from his stepdaughter. Eventually, the bulldog released her but he received injuries to the arm in the process. The child and the man were taken to hospital by ambulance following the attack on Sunday.

The breed is not banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act, police have said.

The girl, who was named locally as Tanisha Hall, was described by neighbors as a playful child.

Poor little child.

answered by Floopy | 05-31-2010 at 06:35 PM

American bulldog
We have a 1yr old American bulldog and he is the softest, dopiest thing around.
What you dont know is the history behind this dog, something spooked this dog out and made it turn.
If American bulldogs are brought up properly they are loving family pets

answered by Guest | 06-01-2010 at 01:12 PM

Children
Why are the owners of these dogs always short and lacking, they need a bat taking to them, show them what its like to be attacked and feel defenseless.

answered by Guest | 06-01-2010 at 06:46 PM

Dog attacks!
Any breed of dog can turn on a child, its the parents responsibility in the end and if they want a dog its their choice. Its the same old thing 'blame the breed straight away - especially if if has the name pitt and bull in it' its not that certain breeds love to attack children its just that if they do they cause a lot more damage! I cant believe that people think other breeds dont turn, the truth is we just dont hear about it because it doesn't make as an exciting story for the papers to print!

answered by Guest | 06-01-2010 at 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Why are the owners of these dogs always short and lacking, they need a bat taking to them, show them what its like to be attacked and feel defenseless.
yep that's the way to sort out aggressive dogs and their owners - show 'em a bit of aggression!! that should do it! Nice one!! How about you go and think of something a bit more intelligent to say instead of using your 'stereotype' thoughtless comments?

answered by Guest | 06-01-2010 at 09:26 PM

I cant believe that there are people out there who think the best way to train a dog is to 'beat them', We have an American bulldog, he's 18 months old, i trust him with children more than my husky X... doesn't mean I'd leave a child solo with either of them, i know several people who have been on the receiving end of dog attacks... however not bulldogs, not rotti's, not staffi's.... these attacks were jack russels, collie and a poodle!!!! If people are going to comment on bulldog attacks read the whole story, this weekends attack was by a rescue dog - i wonder what his history is??? the attack earlier this year... they were kept in a SHED... why? A rotti last year... homeless and picked up on the street... again whats his history??? No dog should be left with a child and you need to know history if your getting a rescue pup - why don't people understand these things???? Stop blaming the breeds... its not always down to them!

answered by Guest | 06-02-2010 at 01:56 PM

Attack
My best friend own 2 bulldogs & is the BEST pet owner I have ever met. Today we are visiting her from out of town. I went to put my 5 year old son down for a nap and he started crying. As soon as my son started crying the male bulldog ran in the room & attacked him! I was able to lift my son over my head and get help. Very scary!!! I would never have given these sweet dogs a second thought but my sons crying brought something on in an instant. Be careful!!!!!

answered by Guest | 10-22-2010 at 08:36 PM

American Bulldog
There are very few bad pets, but many terrible owners. I own a American Bulldog and he is very gentle and knows his place and roll in our family. In addition I have owned Rott's and a King Doberman, all have been very gentle around everyone. It is irresponsible to judge a dog by breed. Your brother should be wary of bringing ANY dog into a home with a child. There is a greater risk of your niece being injured by getting knocked down by this generally gentle giant than a bite. No matter what these stories say about no notice before an attack is bull_hit, there were many warnings leading up to the attacks but the owners were ignorant to the signs and did not correct the behavior.

answered by Guest | 11-17-2011 at 09:11 PM

We have a puppy American bulldog and shes a cute but big girl the thing is it depends on the owner, just because they are big and strong dogs don't mean there bad dogs if it was a small dog everyone would just laugh and forget my family is a great home for our puppy she has her best mate Jinny (our Staffy) she has free big meals a day 3 big walks up to the castle the farm and castle so she has a great life and everyone who is cruel to them and makes them fight can stuff themselves.

answered by shani21 | 11-18-2011 at 11:49 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.