Cecilia Cassini Designs?

Cecilia Cassini is a 10-year-old fashion designer. She started to design clothes at age 6 on a Singer sewing machine.
Cecilia Cassini learned the craft by logging obsessive hours with a needle and thread and experimenting with different fabrics and designs.
Where can I see pictures of some of Cecilia Cassini's designs?
I've read Cecilia is a very talented young girl.
Are her designs any good?

asked by Larry in Fashion & Accessories | 6227 views | 05-02-2010 at 10:21 PM

Cecilia Cassini is about to host her first trunk show at the Fred Segal in Los Angeles (any designer’s dream), Cecilia’s designs are for kids with imagination. In short, the wardrobe you always dreamed of as a kid.
This is a picture of one of Cecilia Cassini's Designs.

Cecilia Cassini Designs

The big splash on the fashion scene is mostly a result of the fifth-grader's talent with fabric and a machine, but certainly of note is Pilar DeMann, the manager behind the aforementioned Kardashians who also reps Cecilia.

More Cecilia Cassini's designs.

Cecilia Cassini Designs

While other children were reading "Cinderella" and watching "Dora the Explorer," Cecilia Cassini was polishing her reading skills by flipping through Lucky and Vogue, and preparing a third-grade book report on "The Devil Wears Prada." And now, what started with a birthday gift of a sewing machine has blossomed into a fledgling fashion business with the help of manager Pilar DeMann, the woman who plotted the Kardashians' path from C-level obscurity to branding juggernaut.

Cecilia finishes her homework during school hours so she can sew in the evening. Each dress ($62 to $150) takes about 15 minutes to make on her Singer Confidence.

"At New York Fashion Week, what really inspired me was all the taxi cabs, so I made this," Cecilia Cassini said, referring to a gold-and-black diamond print dress with a stretchy gold jersey bodice.

Anyway, Cecilia Cassini's designs look great for her age.

answered by Lauren | 05-02-2010 at 10:29 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.