2010 Bay To Breakers Route Map?

Where can I find the 2010 Bay To Breakers Route Map?
Bay to Breakers 2010 will officially begin May 16, 2010, more than 75,000 runners, walkers and party enthusiasts will join this annual event. The race and fun covers a total distance of 12Km or 7.5 miles. The course will begin at San Francisco Bay and end at the breakers of the Pacific Ocean.

The Bay to Breakers is an annual footrace which takes place in San Francisco, California on the third Sunday of May. The name reflects the fact that the race starts at the northeast end of the downtown area a few blocks from The Embarcadero and runs west through the city to finish at the Great Highway.

I'm looking for the Bay To Breakers Route Map. Any ideas where can I find it?

asked by German in Holidays | 2728 views | 05-16-2010 at 06:26 PM

Everyone in San Francisco seems to be busy since the Bay to Breakers 2010 is set to happen today.
The Bay to Breakers 2010 will feature the best of the best racers as well as the pretty casual ones who take this race as an enjoyment and a way of having a great outing with either their families or alone. Apparently, more than 60,000 will participate in the race including those professionals.

Bay to Breakers was inspired by the earthquake which hit San Francisco on April 18, 1906 and destroyed almost the entire city. In order to rebuild the city they come up with a community event which will just do that, thus came Bay to Breakers.

The Bay to Breakers 2010 route map starts off near the Embarcadero then winds along Hayes Street Hill, giving runners a little bit of a chore to get up the steep incline. Around the 2.5-mile mark runners climb keep going up, at an 11.5% grade, to Fillmore and Steiner, where they'll reach the highest point of the race, at 215 feet above sea level.

From there on out, it's downhill along the Panhandle and through Golden Gate Park. Then, after 7.46 miles, it's over! But, the partying and fun doesn't really end once you've completed the course. There are floats, costumes, and likely even some naked people to watch when the hard part is done.

Full course info and map at the Bay to Breakers site.

http://ingbaytobreakers.com/index.ph...ap-description

answered by Johns | 05-16-2010 at 06:31 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.