Candid Camera Prank [HQ] Facebook Virus?

If you get a Facebook wall post from your known friend or anyone with a video link named Candid Camera Prank! [HQ] then just remove the wall as it is a virus. It will not play any video rather prompt you to download a file which on execution will infect your system and circulate this video to your friend list.

I didn't know it was a Facebook virus and I clicked the Candid Camera Prank! [HQ] so I'm warning everyone about it.

Does Facebook know this virus? Did it happen the same to you? Did you click the Candid Camera Prank! [HQ] link?

asked by Trenton in Internet | 11234 views | 05-15-2010 at 02:39 PM

This is the worst scam I have ever faced on Facebook.

my computer crashed due to this very Facebook virus…

The Candid Camera prank![HQ] virus has been circulating everywhere. Actually this is not a video and it links to an application which will take you to download a file named vlcplayer.exe. Running this will post this message on your friends wall

Unfortunately if you are Already Infected from the Candid Camera prank! [HQ] Virus then do this steps:

1. Go to Your Applications in Facebook
2. Find and Remove app named “K-Multimedia” From the list.
3. Delete the file you downloaded from your system as well and scan your system with a good antivirus application.

I managed to get rid of the Candid Camera Prank [HQ] virus completely from Facebook and from my computer.

answered by Erika | 05-15-2010 at 02:45 PM

Gosh I got it too! it spreads fast I must say...very annoying
I warned my friends as well

answered by Guest | 05-15-2010 at 03:26 PM

I also got this link on my facebook and on clicking it, it didn't play anything nor it asked to download anything..may be because i have Norton 360 installed which blocked it.

answered by Guest | 05-15-2010 at 03:27 PM

This is how the "Candid Camera Prank! [HQ] this is without doubt the s ex iest video ever! :P :P :P" facebook virus looks like

Candid Camera Prank! HQ

Yet another Facebook scam after a Hot Optical Illusion! [HQ] one

Be warned people this is not a video at all, but a application link which download “vlcplayer.exe” in your computer, which might contained virus. This 'Candid Camera Prank! [HQ] ' Facebook Scam is spreading in Facebook worldwide.

answered by Troy | 05-15-2010 at 03:31 PM

iPhone
I ran it on my iPhone and it asked to install WinAmp..... I don't usually do stupid things like this, but thinking it was a joke from a good friend, I clicked on it..... going to reload the software, thank God it wasn't on my PC.... it doesn't look like it's done anything (yet!)

answered by Brigitte | 05-15-2010 at 03:50 PM

same thing with me, i clicked on it bit didn't get any response. i've installed nod32

answered by Guest | 05-15-2010 at 03:51 PM

Original topic
Here is the original content with detailed Information and Screenshots

http://gtek.info/forum/index.php?topic=11398.0

answered by gstek.info | 05-15-2010 at 05:06 PM

Linux
It's good I'm not on a Windows box, in fact I don't own any windows boxes any more. But I feel the pain of you guys who haven't made the switch to a safer system yet. It's probably going to cause a lot of trouble around the world.

answered by Guest | 05-15-2010 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It's good I'm not on a Windows box, in fact I don't own any windows boxes any more. But I feel the pain of you guys who haven't made the switch to a safer system yet. It's probably going to cause a lot of trouble around the world.
No computer is completely safe mac's are OK but people can steal hack a mac to the point of seeing every file on your computer, windows well they get allot of viruses.

answered by Guest | 05-15-2010 at 06:20 PM

doesn't work on my pc
i got it too, but it didn't work on my PC.....
i use zone alarm security suite
thanks for this information....
I'll share to all my friends on facebook
best regards

answered by alfabetaomega | 05-15-2010 at 06:43 PM

i got this on my profile and I clicked it about 4 weeks ago it did nothing does this have anything to do with me having avast

answered by Guest | 05-15-2010 at 07:43 PM

My wife was complaining to me all morning because I clicked on the Candid Camera Prank while navigating with her account. She forgot to log out and I accidentally the whole Facebook profile.
I showed her the Candid Camera Prank picture, how was I not supposed to click that?

answered by Sailor | 05-15-2010 at 10:54 PM

Don't click it
To install the virus. BUT....

The real video (seriously), is from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUeMgZrLO8s

If you don't believe /trust me, you can google search that link. It should bring up the cached page so you can see I'm not fibbing. It's nothing fancy.

answered by ReVeLaTeD | 05-19-2010 at 01:50 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.