Carcharodon Megalodon Shark Still Alive?

The Megalodon (Carcharodon megalodon, from ancient Greek, megas + don, literally "big tooth") was a giant prehistoric shark that probably lived between about 20 to 1.2 million years ago.

Ever since i first saw a documentary about Carcharodon Megalodon i was stunned. Since the big fish extincted nobody has seen it but do you think the shark could be still alive?
There have been stories from new south wales, that a giant white shark roams the nearby fishing grounds and has a habbit of snatching crayfish pots. They claim it to be 100 ft. long.
Could it be the Carcharodon Megalodon Shark?

Is the animal still alive?

asked by Tina in Other - Pets & Animals | 2129 views | 06-10-2010 at 09:35 PM

I think a Carcharodon Megalodon could be alive still alive.
Ocean is so deep and vast that scientists are finding new species of marine animals almost everyday.

An example that supports the possibility of Carcharodon Megalodon is the discovery of Coelocanth that had been believed to have been extinct millions of years ago, and it's still alive.

Hundreds of Carcharodon Megalodon teeth that have been found in the oceans and rock beds all over the world prove that the giant shark was about 80 feet long (almost 25 meters). It makes the giant shark the largest predator on Earth ever, including dinosaurs. Scientists say that the giant shark could swallow a small car.

I believe the Megalodon still exists, and its not like there haven't been sightings. There have been many discoveries that suggest it might be alive like a fishing crew finding a fossilized megalodon tooth from only 11,000 to 24,000 years ago when it was supposed to be extinct.

Anythings possible, I mean they are always finding new species of animals all the time and they have gone unseen for as long as we have been documenting everything.

answered by Scientist | 06-10-2010 at 09:36 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.