New Arizona Immigration Law 2010 Text?

How can Arizona's governor say that the new immigration law 2010 she signed does not constitute racial profiling when it targets a specific group of people? what happened to the the Constitution?

I've been hearing about it and it sounds awful.
Where can I find the new Arizona immigration law 2010 text, I want to read it.

This is what happens when you let white Republicans make the laws. I guess the country didn't get enough of that under Bush.

asked by Joe in Politics | 1546 views | 04-28-2010 at 04:49 PM

The new Arizona immigration law 2010 is absolutely controversial.

Arizona's Republican Governor Jan Brewer signed a bill into law last Friday that would make it a crime to be in the state illegally and would require police to check the status of people they suspect to be illegal immigrants. The law, which is set to take effect later this year, would also require immigrants to carry their registration documents with them at all times.

It has sparked a fierce political debate and enraged many in the Hispanic community. But it has also raised concerns over how local police officers will go about enforcing the law and whether it will lead to racial profiling. Others worry it will burden officers who are already busy addressing other crimes in the state.

The law was signed on Friday by Arizona Governor Jan Brewer. It is slated to take effect this summer, unless challenged in court.

Last week, President Obama called the Arizona law “misguided,” and instructed administration lawyers to “examine the civil rights and other implications.”

Senator John McCain’s daughter Meghan has spoken her mind against the Arizona’s new immigration law 2010, which surprisingly is not in sync with her father’s views. Meghan McCain thinks of herself as a spokesperson for the young Republicans, and she spoke her mind in a column-piece that she wrote for ‘The Daily Beast’. In the article she said that, the new immigration law is “seriously flawed” and “essentially a license to pull someone over for being Hispanic.”

Arizona's new immigration law is a reminder of the urgent need for comprehensive immigration reform.

The actual Arizona Immigration Law text can be read here.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument....vernor.doc.htm

answered by Right | 04-28-2010 at 04:55 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.