Earth Day Worksheets For First Grade Kids?

We are having Earth Day on April 22, 2010, so i need lot of activities and worksheets for first grade kids.
Earth Day is a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment.
Where do I find worksheets and printables for Earth Day 2010?

asked by Ashlyn in Holidays | 25314 views | 04-19-2010 at 03:40 PM

Earth Day is a holiday in which the environment of the planet Earth is appreciated and pollution is fought. Earth Day was proposed in the 1960s. Some people celebrate Earth Day on April 22; some celebrate Earth Day on the Vernal Equinox (the day Spring starts in the Northern Hemisphere).

I found some Earth Day worksheets for first grade kids.

Earth Day worksheets first grade kids

Earth Day worksheets first grade kids2

Earth Day worksheets first grade kids3

Earth Day worksheets first grade kids4

Earth Day worksheets first grade kids5

Earth Day worksheets first grade kids6

Earth Day worksheets first grade kids7

These are some Earth Day worksheets for kids I could find but there are way more in the web if you know how to search for them.

About Earth Day

Earth Day was first suggested by John McDonnell (from the United States) in 1969 at a UNESCO Conference on the Environment. The United Nations began an Earth Day celebration on the March Equinox and continued this celebration every year since.

Responding to global warming and other environmental degradation, Gaylord Nelson (a Wisconsin Senator) called for an environmental teach-in to be held on April 22, 1970. This Earth Day involved over 2000 colleges and universities and roughly 10,000 primary and secondary schools. The main purpose of the day was to promote environment awareness and reform.

Week-long activities to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Earth Day in the United States have kicked off with an eco-village on the National Mall and green volunteer service around national monuments.

April 22, 2010 will mark the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, which made environmental protection a national issue and owes its founding to a dedicated public servant.

What started as a educational "teach-in" in 1970 has turned into a global event dedicated to showing each of us how to do our part to protect the planet.

answered by Sonia | 04-19-2010 at 03:53 PM

Earth day is meant to celebrate the greenery and other special features of our planet.It signifies nothing but in a form of a request it appears every year on 22 April saying "please save me."

Thanks for the images you posted.
I will print them as soon as I get home.

answered by Mommy | 04-19-2010 at 08:34 PM

The very first Earth Day on April 22, 1970 was born out of the political activism so inspired in the late 1960s.

The "we can change the world" attitudes were still very much in evidence on college campuses and on village greens across the United States, but this was the first event on such a scale devoted solely to protecting the environment.

Look at how big Earth Day is today.

answered by Faith | 04-20-2010 at 04:39 AM

Thanks for the Earth Day worksheets. Can someone please tell me how can I print them?
Should I use a special program to print them?

answered by Miss | 04-20-2010 at 04:02 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.