Nancy Grace Fiance Murdered?

I often hear her say she was the victim of a terrible crime, but I have never heard a single detail.
What's the tragedy that Nancy Grace suffered? Was it her fiance? was he murdered?

asked by Alex in Television | 54249 views | 08-11-2009 at 07:28 PM

Her fiance was murdered. According to Wikipedia:

In March 2006 an article in the New York Observer suggested that in her book Objection!, Grace had embellished the story of her college fiancÚ's 1979 murder and the ensuing trial to make it better support her image. Grace has described the tragedy as the impetus for her career as a prosecutor and victims' rights advocate, and has often publicly referred to the incident. The Observer researched the murder and found several apparent contradictions between the events and Grace's subsequent statements, including the following:

* Her fiancÚ, Keith Griffin, was shot not at random by a stranger, but by a former coworker, Tommy McCoy.
* McCoy did not have a prior criminal record and, rather than denying the crime, McCoy confessed the night of the murder.
* The jury deliberated for a few hours, not days.
* There was no ongoing string of appeals (McCoy's family did not want any). McCoy has only once filed a habeas petition, which was rejected.

Grace told the Observer she had not looked into the case in many years and "(tried) not to think about it". She said she made her previous statements about the case "with the knowledge I had."

answered by Johanne | 08-11-2009 at 07:29 PM

Yes Nancy Grace has been keeping a lot of pain inside for years. Because just two weeks before her wedding, her fiance was brutally murdered.
Poor girl.

answered by Ima | 08-11-2009 at 07:31 PM

I've often noticed a distinct catch in her voice when she speaks on her show about the little children who've been abducted and murdered. She seems to get so emotional sometimes, it's like she's always on the edge.

Did she suffer complications when her twins were born? She mentioned once they were all in intensive care for awhile ... what happened, there?

answered by Guest | 11-18-2009 at 05:36 AM

What are we to think of a person that gets their reputation and accolades based on lies and inaccurate statements to further a career? Would Nancy Grace be in her role if she were a man?

Nancy Grace is an individual who thinks her opinion is the only one that matters. Her show is a joke. She will harp on an issue for weeks on end and interview a second cousin of a friend of a neighbor who was on vacation at the time of the incident just to have someone agree with her point. What does it say about a person that requires you to say your babies are beautiful if you want to speak on air?

There are so many attorneys out there with a better look, voice and personality for this type of show, the question is when will someone that has the power decide to make the move.

answered by Guest | 01-09-2010 at 03:53 AM

I think Nancy Grace is a wonderful person & does a great job, but agree she goes on & on & on way too long about things like Tiger Woods & Mikael Jackson, I know those stories by heart & turn her off when she starts on them again, but perhaps she has to do what her producer tells her to do.

I can also see when she chokes up when talking about little babies/kids being missing & abused. I think she is a loving soft hearted person.

Thanks Nancy for everything you do to help people.

answered by Guest | 01-17-2010 at 05:33 AM

the truth
Nancy Grace is a nasty soul less awful person who cares only for herself and headlines...period.

answered by Guest | 01-27-2010 at 05:50 PM

Nancy Grace is as RUDE as they come in my opinion
We have all had pain in the world but I have never seen anyone so filled with anger as Nancy Grace...very very sad way to go through life. A lawsuit now claims she even went so far that she pushed one of her guests to commit suicide after she unprofessionally and viciously attacked her on her own show! This is the media going WAY TO FAR.

answered by Guest | 01-28-2010 at 04:57 PM

reply to #8...
Nancy did not cause Melinda Duckett to commit suicide. That horrible excuse for a mother killed herself because she could not live with herself after killing her 2 year old son Trenton Duckett! Besides, you can't MAKE someone commit suicide.. it was her own damn fault for not being a grown up and deal with her consequences.

I Love Nancy Grace and think that she is a God-Send!

answered by Guest | 01-29-2010 at 07:03 PM

Nancy Grace says it like it is, and I love it!! It is nice to hear things in media without having them sugar-coated. If it is on her mind, she says it, what is so bad about that? I watch her every night and think she has a great way of reporting stories, yes, sometimes stories go on and on... but, she has an edge to her that other reporters do not have.

answered by Guest | 02-13-2010 at 02:49 AM

Nancy Grace says it like it is, and I love it!! It is nice to hear things in media without having them suarg-coated. If it is on her mind, she says it, what is so bad about that? I watch her every night and think she has a great way of reporting stories, yes, sometimes stories go on and on... but, she has an edge to her that other reporters do not have.

answered by Guest | 02-13-2010 at 02:49 AM

re: the show
While I think Nancy Grace is a great advocate and voice for victim rights, I think her personality literally sucks and she is very unprofessional. How many times do we have to hear about John-David and other "one?" Believe it or not, you can be too proud sometimes. I want to hear about legal issues, not be shown a picture of the twins with commentary on a nightly basis. Nancy seems to revel in mocking her legal guests publicly and can be downright rude to her co-horts. I agree that Renee Rockwell is not the brightest bulb on the tree, but is Nancy's behavior excusable? Sometimes I feel that Sue Moss is so far up her ass, she can taste her sh**. Maybe if Nancy had a truly objective panel and not spineless jellyfish that are not allowed to go off on her, the program would improve.

answered by Guest | 02-17-2010 at 09:31 AM

Nancy Grace
I like Nancy Grace and her show. She does get a little snippy with her lawyer friends especially when they don't agree with her. She definitely has her favorites, like Sue Moss for instance. I am very sick and tired of hearing about the Haleigh Cummings saga. Yes, it is a shame that the child was born to idiots, and it's a shame that she is missing, but how long must we keep hearing about this. I hope that someday her whereabouts will be found, but that is not real likely after all this time. I am tired of listening to the inbred, white trash, trailer living idiots that are the Croslin/Cummings gang. Nancy, Please Move On...............

answered by Guest | 02-20-2010 at 03:03 AM

Nancy you need to stop being such a ***** when it comes to other people feelings, you will ask a question then when someone answers it and it is not what you want to hear ; you will cut them off, the world does not revolve around you.

answered by Guest | 03-02-2010 at 03:55 AM

tammy faye baker

answered by Guest | 03-04-2010 at 01:35 AM

Read about Nancy on Wikipedia
When Headline News used Nancy Grace as a guest, it was bad enough, as I could only stand to watch for about 10 minutes. Then those dummies gave her her own show, I couldn't believe it! Now I can usually watch it for maybe 5 minutes or until she attacks one of the guests who stupidly make a comment she doesn't agree with. I can't understand how she can be so RUDE to guest panels and continue to get people to continue to come back. THEN she tries to turn 180 degrees and using a higher pitched whiney voice says, "GOOD NIGHT FRIEND", it makes me want to bust the TV. I thought my opinion of her must be in a very small majority, since she keeps "right on" with this repulsive behavior. THEN, I had the bright idea to look her up on Wikipedia!!! WOW! LOOK IT UP!!! I use wikipedia a lot and feel that they either dodge, under report or briefly state unpleasant issues. Her bio there is full of negative things, including embellishing the events etc. of her fiance's murder and her 2 incidents in court which I suspect is why she is no longer a practicing attorney. I FEEL BETTER NOW!!! With that, I bid you all (with a high, whiney, upper lip curled) GOOD NIGHT FRIEND!!!!

answered by Guest | 03-04-2010 at 03:39 PM

GREAT ATTORNEY
Okay, so you don't like her for whatever reason...she annoys you on TV, she cuts off her co-horts, she repeats herself, she shares her babies with you, and says "GOOD NIGHT FRIENDS." She is one of the only people that still recognize that many of our soldiers each day are killed defending our country. Do you think of them or are you self-absorbed. So, for all you who don't like her and think she is annoying, at least she is a constant reminder that we need to address all the injustices in this country and SEND ALL THE SICKOS TO AN ISLAND SOMEWHERE SO THEY COULD ALL ABUSE ONE ANOTHER AND THEN KILL EACH OTHER FOR ENJOYMENT. Regarding her sadness when talking about child victims, you must be a sicko yourself if you don't feel a sense of sadness for all these innocent children who are prey for these disgusting people they call humans. So she makes you crazy, at least she's doing something positive by being a voice for these children. Can you say that about yourself or are you at home just throwing mud? The only sad thing is that she is too good for TV, she needs to be out there and put them all in jail for life. If anyone can do it, Nancy can. I think Nancy would hang each and every one of them by a body part, and rightfully so. Regarding the Natalee Holloway case, she would have had this one solved a long time ago. Nothing stands in her way. You go Nancy, we love you...even if I feel sorry for some of the attorneys on your show.

answered by Grateful Fan | 03-05-2010 at 07:20 AM

I agree Nancy GRACE DOES SOME GOOD, but she should only be on once a week like AMW her voice and retarded comments are too much.

answered by Guest | 03-07-2010 at 03:54 AM

I think Americans should stop trying to be so damned politically correct and focused on the important things that are going on. I personally love Nancy cause she says what needs to be heard. I'm tired of all these damn perverts hurting our women and children, some of you guys keep complaining about her attitude instead of looking at all the good work she is doing. Luckily my sister survived when she was taken but not one but several women that she and I both knew from our childhood and in our adult life have been brutally murdered its like a f...ing epidemic out here and half of you that are writing in complaining are probably some of the freak pervs... I'm talking about

answered by dbond | 03-09-2010 at 12:22 AM

observer
Nancy needs to soften her image she's too pointy or angled looking
with her attitude it makes her appear to be a harridan.

answered by Guest | 03-31-2010 at 06:13 PM

Um HELLO! She is a lawyer! That's what they do...Argue! Nancy Grace Rocks!!! I'd hire her as my attorney anytime!!!

answered by Guest | 04-18-2010 at 10:28 PM

Nancy Grace
I felt the same negative things about Nancy Grace when I first started watching. I did not like the way she crucified Jackson, but she was not the only one. I am very concerned about all the victimization that goes on in this country though and when I want to find out what is going on about any of these issues, I can always count on this show to deliver. She can be annoying at times, aren't we all? All I know is that I watch for the latest information and she is not afraid to ask the hard questions and also make suppositions that every one else is to afraid to ask. She's just a down home woman without pretension.

answered by Guest | 05-06-2010 at 10:01 PM

your wonderful
Nancy keep up the good fight I don't care who says what .... you know what you've been through.... Love you lots...from mich. we love you......always and forever... Deborah Wilson.....

answered by Guest | 06-07-2010 at 11:08 AM

personally i think she's the biggest **** i've ever seen on TV and should be replaced - anyone who disagrees with her isn't allowed to speak without her speaking over them so that no one else can hear their opinion, and then ridiculed. full of anger, also!

answered by Guest | 06-21-2010 at 02:47 AM

I have to say she is rather annoying....and lawyer or no lawyer -you dont cut off people when speaking just because you dont like what they are saying or they do not agree with "Nancy Grace". Her voice irritates me ...she is so harsh and critical and yet all of a sudden settles down with "Good night friends"...ugh!

answered by Guest | 06-23-2010 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
What are we to think of a person that gets their reputation and accolades based on lies and inaccurate statements to further a career? Would Nancy Grace be in her role if she were a man?

Nancy Grace is an individual who thinks her opinion is the only one that matters. Her show is a joke. She will harp on an issue for weeks on end and interview a second cousin of a friend of a neighbor who was on vacation at the time of the incident just to have someone agree with her point. What does it say about a person that requires you to say your babies are beautiful if you want to speak on air?

There are so many attorneys out there with a better look, voice and personality for this type of show, the question is when will someone that has the power decide to make the move.
Her harping and interviewing is no different than other journalists. She is much better than Jane Velez Mitchell, who is pretty much a buffoon. Jane can't shut up long enough to let her "fabulous panel" (questionable) speak. She is too enthralled with her own voice.

answered by mags | 06-24-2010 at 04:15 PM

I LOVE Nancy Grace!
I think she's great, watch her all the time, think she says it like it is regardless of what others think - don't most attorneys that she talks to treat others like that anyway??!

SHE'S PROUD OF HER KIDS LIKE WE ALL ARE PROUD OF OURS! She brings them up here and there as her fans send her letters and gifts for them - she's almost obligated to bring them up but it's not like the show is devoted to them! I'm sure those of you with kids do the same thing - if not, you might have issues.

Nancy Grace gets irritated with people because, often times, they act like idiots and don't answer the question like a half-way intelligent person - and no one has time for that!!!

I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!

answered by Guest | 07-01-2010 at 03:03 AM

Nancy
Quote:
Nancy Grace says it like it is, and I love it!! It is nice to hear things in media without having them sugar-coated. If it is on her mind, she says it, what is so bad about that? I watch her every night and think she has a great way of reporting stories, yes, sometimes stories go on and on... but, she has an edge to her that other reporters do not have.
Nancy Grace does a service by keeping victims in the spotlight, BUT... she talks in soundbites. Her comments appeal to people who think the world is black and white.... the same people who listen to Rush Limbaugh. She berates her own guests. Her lock em up and throw away the key mentality does nothing to get to the bottom of why crimes happen. Why would she? Exploiting victims and their pain keeps her show on the air. I don't believe she is interested in justice at all. The Eagles song, Dirty Laundry fits Grace perfectly. Her only interest is ratings. Period!

answered by Guest | 07-02-2010 at 06:40 PM

While Nancy Grace's show is interesting and does help people, I enjoy it much better when she is on vacation. Her voice sends me in to convulsions, and for the life of me I can't imagine why any one of her guests would make a return appearance. She is so incredibly rude to her guests and fellow staff members. She humiliates, interrupts, and just plain cuts someone off if their opinion is not the same as hers. Please find a new host and Nancy, use the time off to work on improving your bedside manner. P.S. Many women have had beautiful babies.

answered by Guest | 09-10-2010 at 01:11 AM

LOVE HER
I love Nancy!
She does a wonderful job, and gives the audience a background of knowledge on what is going on in the world. If you don't like her, turn the channel. I hate sports, SO I DON"T watch ESPN, it is that simple.

Sometimes, for you people who don't understand, it isn't what you say but how you say it. And there are many Dumb people in the world that dont' get her or what she is saying so she says it like she means it and people listen!

She is wonderful, compassionate, and loved by many people!

And she doesn't have to like other's opinions! It's her show, OBVIOUSLY, she isn't that mean or people wouldn't want to be on her show.

answered by Guest | 09-21-2010 at 05:28 AM

Nancy Grace is by far the rudest and most annoying person I've ever seen. For those of you who thinks she's soooo great, call her up and try to give her an opinion that she doesn't agree with or want to hear. When she cuts you off at the knees, see how you like it! Her husband has to be either be a wimp or a saint to put up with her. I can only watch the show for less than 10 minutes
and when the drama queen gets sarcastic, I turn the channel.

answered by Guest | 10-12-2010 at 02:49 AM

I don't see how anyone would want to marry her speak nothing of fathering children with her. Imagine the nagging, the dirty looks, the backstabbing, the judgmental way she must treat her husband. Imagine the crass comments that probably comes from them having s ex, like he's doing it all wrong... She might look sorta cute in a Southern Belle kinda way, but its obvious she is a prude, and only her opinion counts, not anyone else's. Pure Democrat if you ask me. Liberal to the core. She talks over her guests on the show, and when they don't agree with her, she goes into overdrive convincing them she's right and they are wrong. Don't know what any sane man sees in her.

answered by Guest | 10-17-2010 at 05:37 PM

sorry
It's really upsetting but the thing I think you should do, is bring the case back up..... Also because the tech of this time period is more high tech so try one more time and i think you can catch that mother truck a.

answered by Guest | 10-21-2010 at 01:39 PM

Nancy's Great
Nancy Grace is truly a good person. Sometimes she might get carried away with words, but don't say it never happens with you. She has common sense, which few people have in this world. The ones who put her down ought to be ashamed. She does so much for everyone, she's a voice for everyone.
"Nancy, Your doing fantastic.

Your kids are cute and are fortunate to have you as their mother and your husband as their father. Keep up the great work you do. God Bless You and Your Family."

answered by Guest | 03-11-2011 at 02:40 AM

Bubba Brown
Yes you can make some one commit suicide .... you need to think before making statements that affect others.

answered by Guest | 07-06-2011 at 12:14 PM

Nancy Grace is a phony as hell Tri-Delt with snakes for hair.

answered by Guest | 07-06-2011 at 06:15 PM

Nancy Grace
She has been on a witch hunt to help get Casey Anthony and it did not work. Thank God for the jury system and the laws we have thank God for the constitution. I wish she would get taken off the air, she is radical.

answered by Guest | 07-06-2011 at 07:33 PM

nancy grace is revolting.
She did because the death of Melinda Duckett.
I saw the interview, replayed after Melinda's death.
Nancy Grace was too dumb to listen and to comprehend that Melinda Duckett had been instructed by the FBI, to avoid certain topics.
Melinda came on the show of hoping to get coverage in finding her kidnapped son.
Nancy Grace is a "fantasy temperament", details and facts seem to slip by her unnoticed.
She looks the part she plays in life.

answered by Guest | 07-06-2011 at 11:00 PM

Nancy Grace ruined the lives of several young men and almost ruined the Duke LaCross team by pure speculation. She has never once even muttered "Im sorry". These are lives that were tried and convicted by her loud, arrogant mouth for months on national TV. She didn't even work the night when their verdict was read. Nancy Grace is a complete and total DisGrace for anyone that has worked in the broadcasting regarding the legal system.

She has set ethics and legitimacy to broadcasting back 20 years by her shrieking voice, embarrassing stubborn, over barring personality and unwatchable hair style.
She's not fighting for victims rights. She's fighting for RATINGS.
God you people are so F***ING stupid, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

answered by Guest | 07-07-2011 at 07:11 AM

Her fiance probably committed suicide but who knows.
I'm sick of Nancy Grace, I just can't stand her anymore.

answered by Guest | 07-08-2011 at 03:11 PM

BRAVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbond View Post
I think Americans should stop trying to be so damned politically correct and focused on the important things that are going on.
I agree, Nancy has the guts to say it, as it is, like it or not. She may repeat herself because we all know the more you drill the less likely you are to forget, and she will make sure that the weak and innocent are not forgotten. She's tough, strong, and truthful, a trait in a female that most men are intimidated by, well to bad, she here to stay, thank God for that. Hat's off to you Nancy!

answered by Guest | 07-10-2011 at 07:24 PM

You are right....Nancy is a narcissist diagnostically, is bitter, and has an enormous amount of rage. We will all be blessed when HLN dumps her. She has already been eliminated from her afternoon show.

Sadly, she is like a dog with a bone....way past the definition of "tenacious". I have never seen anyone as rude, arrogant and despicable with her guests. Nancy need a long, long bout of intensive therapy, so that her personality (disorder) will not be passed to her twins.

answered by Matta | 07-11-2011 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Nancy did not cause Melinda Duckett to commit suicide.
I think anyone who thinks that a person cannot be pushed into suicide is a raving maniac. If by any chance that person is suffering depression etc. Can easily be pushed to the brink of suicide Nancy should know better and perhaps had checked in to this woman's bk ground for any instability or depression in her bk ground perhaps then Nancy wouldn't have pushed as hard as she had knowing that information of Melinda Duckett.

Many of people don't consider looking into people's past to see if they have any history of depression suicidal thoughts prior to their interviews and then wham. It happens and who is to blame then? so you're a sick person who thinks no one can ever be pushed into suicide.

answered by Guest | 07-12-2011 at 07:00 PM

Stupid People
Nancy Grace is a ***** that does not care about anyone but herself. She makes decisions about people before all the facts have come in. If you all believe that she is doing the right thing then your just as dumb as she is. You are only doing what she ask and makes her show more popular. And yes I do believe the media is a problem in this country and needs to be accountable for there actions. So what does it feel like to be a puppet?

answered by Guest | 07-18-2011 at 09:57 PM

Quote:
Nancy did not cause Melinda Duckett to commit suicide.
You are right... She wouldn't answer any questions. She avoided anything that had to do with her son. She should have been open, honest and helpful... Instead of being secretive... its a shame that little boy has never been found...

answered by Guest | 07-19-2011 at 04:58 PM

liar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I often hear her say she was the victim of a terrible crime, but I have never heard a single detail.
What's the tragedy that Nancy Grace suffered? Was it her fiance? was he murdered?
Nancy Grace is paid a lot of money to fabricate stories. She went to a drama teacher that taught her how to create stage anger to sell fictitious points of view. I don't understand why its even legal for her to voice her assumptions. The woman is a high paid liar.

answered by Guest | 10-02-2011 at 05:58 PM

Nancy grace is a one sided, loud mouth dumb blonde. She doesn't use facts, she uses opinion all the time and tries to make things bigger than they are.

answered by Guest | 11-23-2011 at 02:58 AM

I think Nancy Grace is my least favorite person on TV right now.
Who does she thinks she is? She speaks with so much authority like she was the owner of the network, sorry Nancy but you're just an employee.

answered by MOE | 12-30-2011 at 02:01 AM

Quote:
Yes you can make some one commit suicide .... you need to think before making statements that affect others.
Suicide is a choice. A choice to not get a help, a choice to end you own life. It is completely preventable.

answered by Guest | 01-16-2012 at 06:39 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.