Pulitzer Prize Winning Books & Winners 2010?

The Pulitzer Prize Board announced the 2010 Pulitzer Prize Winners and Nominated Finalists on April 12, 2010.

The winners of this year's Pulitzer Prize were announced, I know some of them and some of the winning books too but I want the complete list.

One of the big questions leading up to this year's Pulitzer Prizes was whether the National Enquirer would win for breaking the story about John Edwards' extramarital affair. As it turned out, the answer was no. What's up with that?

I need the complete list of the 2010 Pulitzer Prize Award Winners and winning books, where can I find such list of winners?

asked by Nicole in Books & Writing | 2411 views | 04-12-2010 at 11:25 PM

The Pulitzer Prize, considered the gold standard for American journalism, included four prizes for the Washington Post and three for the New York Times, including one shared with ProPublica for an investigation into whether doctors at a New Orleans hospital, cut off after Hurricane Katrina, hastened some patientsí deaths.

The ProPublica prize - and an editorial cartooning award for the self-syndicated Mark Fiore, whose work appears on the San Francisco Chronicle Web site SFGate.com - represented a victory for new media in a competition long dominated by ink-on-newsprint.

Most winners were small or mid-sized papers ó like the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, which won a local reporting prize for its investigation into pension fraud.

The National Enquirer failed to upset the US media establishment yesterday and land a coveted Pulitzer prize for its scoop about the extramarital affair of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards.

Unlike the Nobel, which comes with a hefty monetary prize (about $1.4 million this year), the Pulitzer prize money won't make anybody rich (the pay out is $10,000). However, there's no question that the coveted prefix has translated into financial success down the line.

For the complete list of winners and winning books visit the official Pulitzer Prize website:
http://www.pulitzer.org/

answered by Nick | 04-12-2010 at 11:35 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.