Jumper: Man Jumps Off Empire State Building Pics?

Authorities have reported an apparent suicide as a 21-year-old man jumps off the Empire State Building.
I wonder if there are pictures.

Currently, there are no suspects or reasons to believe that this is anything more than a suicide as the jumper seemed to have jumped off on his own.

Police say the jumper was dead when rescue workers arrived at the 102-story skyscraper shortly before 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Authorities wouldn't immediately release the name of the man who jumped off the Empire State Building or say from which floor he had jumped.

After taking a “running leap,” he cleared a fence and then the Empire State Building’s outermost ledge, only possible because of the lack of people on the deck due to the rainy weather.

I thought they had measures in the Empire State Building to prevent people from jumping.

What is the name of the man who jumped off the building and how old was he? Any reasons why he jumped? Any pictures of the suicide?

asked by Riley in Law & Ethics | 3783 views | 03-31-2010 at 04:47 PM

I was also under the impression that with all of the fencing around the observation decks and the way the building is designed that it was impossible for a person to jump and actually make it all the way down to the pavement.

The man who jumped from the 86th floor of the Empire State Building's observation deck was identified as Yale University Cameron Dabaghi, school officials said today.

Dabaghi, a junior from Austin, Texas, plunged from the deck in an apparent suicide on Tuesday shortly before 6:30 p.m.

The 21-year-old is thought to have climbed over the barriers on the 86th floor of the New York landmark, and landed on the pavement outside a branch of Bank of America during rush hour.

The Empire State Building is the third-tallest building in the United States. More than 30 people have committed suicide at the building since it opened in 1931.

Before today, the most recent jumper was believed to have been in 2006, when a man jumped from a vacant office on the 66th floor of the Empire State Building.

One of the witnesses said about the jumper man:

"My friend heard this really loud weird sound. He turned around and saw someone splattered on the ground."

Pictures of the Empire State Building death.

Empire State Building suicide

Empire State Building death

answered by Jack | 03-31-2010 at 04:57 PM

are you inferring to pictures of the aftermath? if grisly body parts arouse your morbid curiosity, go participate in an autopsy.

answered by Guest | 04-02-2010 at 05:41 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.