Erykah Badu Window Seat Unedited & Uncensored?

The new Erykah Badu video Window Seat, now streaming on Badu's website, follows her as she walks down Elm Street, past the Texas School Book Depository (and shocked passersby), shedding pieces of clothing along the way. At the end of the video, Erykah Badu collapses on the spot where Kennedy was shot, with cartoon blood from her head spelling the word "group-think."

Window Seat is the new single of Badu from the latest album New Amerykah Part Two (Return of the Ankh) which is set to be release this week.
Erykah Badu's video debuted Sunday on her Web site at 3:03 a.m. but the uncensored and unedited version of the video was never there. And I tried youtube and they don't have an unedited video of Window Seat either.

Did you guys watch the new Erykah Badu video Window Seat?

I'm looking for the unedited, uncensored cut of Window Seat. Is it somewhere online?

asked by Elijah in Music | 86616 views | 03-30-2010 at 04:35 PM

Yes, there is an unedited version of the video.
Window Seat is so passionately deep…reached my 15 year old niece while my 7 year old bopped to the beat…

According to a story in today’s Dallas Morning News, some city residents are more offended by the Window Seat video’s allusions to the death of President John F. Kennedy than by Erykah Badu with no clothes in public.

Right now there are lots of rumors of an unedited & uncensored version of Window Seat but it's hard to find it.

While there may have been a deliberate attempt to upset people by generating the question "Why focus on a presidential assassination?", it's not clear that was the actual intent of the video. Apparently what Erykah Badu is trying to say is she's shedding her skin to be who she is, but society has a way of trying to destroy anyone who would seek to be who they are outside the cultural bounds assembled for them.

On her Twitter feed, Erykah Badu said that she cleared the idea with the critics who mattered most: her kids 7 (age 12) and Puma (age 5). "Asked 7 what he would do if teased," she wrote. "He said, I'll tell 'em my mom is great, she was having fun." As for Puma, "she looked at me with a blank face and replied, okay mama. Can I have another pudding?"

Anyway, here's the video. Not the uncensored and unedited version but if I find that one I'll post it later.

answered by Nathan | 03-30-2010 at 04:48 PM

I was sent the unedited version but as a video file. The uncensored version is out there if you know how to search for it.

Had Erykah Badu been spotted by an officer, she could have been arrested for a class B misdemeanor charge of indecent exposure, which carries a fine of up to $2,000 and a jail term of up to 180 days, or both.

I mean there were children there.
The new song is pretty nice though.

answered by Mila | 03-30-2010 at 06:57 PM

Share the link to the unedited video!

Her new video is just awesome.

Since her debut 13 years ago, Erykah Badu has walked a path unlike any other, an intensely personal mix of pulsating mid tempo grooves and seductive/aggressive lyrics.

I just like her music so much.

answered by Andrew | 03-30-2010 at 07:00 PM

I'm not so convinced this even happened as portrayed. It could have been put together with a green screen and such.

Erykah Badu looks like she's there but nobody is freaking out with all the cameras and such.
I would like to see the unedited video to see if Window Seat was really filmed in the streets.

answered by Matthew | 03-30-2010 at 07:02 PM

People, calm down!!
The song isn't bad but this was not a big deal at all. Everyone is terrified that the children were traumatized. I personally don't think the children gave a **** People in this country are so terrified of the human body, man or woman, that they breakdown and scold anyone that exposes themselves. Say what you want about Erykah Badu, but she is an amazing artist with an amazing portfolio of work. The media is jumping all over this as if she is some crazy artist do something with no artistic reason. I think the people who are speaking out against minor issues like Erykah Badu making a music video and exposing herself to children should ***** OFF. No one is gonna be hurt by this.

Plus, I gotta find the uncensored version. Erykah Badu is a beautiful woman!!!

answered by Brad | 03-30-2010 at 08:46 PM

Badu told the newspaper the video was a "protest" and "about liberating yourself," adding that she chose the grassy knoll intentionally, for its historical significance.

After Badu collapses, blue lines spill from her head, writing "groupthink" on the pavement.
That's the meaning of the video.

answered by Charlie | 03-30-2010 at 10:22 PM

I think it was a real video. There was a guy that was running after her when she dropped her coat. I don't see the issue in this country either. What kind of damage would it cause if a kid saw it anyway? It's not like they don't have the same thing. Nothing different than what kids do themselves. How is it innocent if a baby is shown on television, but someone that's a little older has the nation losing its mind over it? I loved the video, loved the song, and I definitely love Badu. There are a lot more important thing to worry about than a woman in the street with kids around. Keep it going.

answered by Jimmy-James | 03-30-2010 at 11:05 PM

rofl
OMG it is a woman why be terrified of the human body the world is ****** when the "adults" act like kids. The kids don't care hell they are going to have to learn about it sooner or later

answered by Guest | 03-30-2010 at 11:17 PM

Mila - Any way you can e-mail me the video if you don't want to post it? *************@yahoo.com

answered by Mike | 03-30-2010 at 11:51 PM

Matthew, you're wrong. Just letting you know so you don't waste your time trying to figure out if the video is real or not. It's obviously real.

answered by Nick | 03-31-2010 at 12:26 AM

This is just in to reply to the person suggested that it could have been green screened because no one is really reacting to her ..well if you actually watch the people and not her...there are people reacting...also you will notice during the first minute or so of the video when she takes off her jacket and shoes...watch the going-ons behind her after she drops her jacket...some guy in red is watching her and waits...and then runs up and grabs her jacket and shoes..and it is obviously not green-screened.

answered by Rick | 03-31-2010 at 12:46 AM

yes it was really done in the streets i live in Dallas and it was all over the news

answered by Guest | 03-31-2010 at 02:05 AM

Erykah Badu has always expressed herself much more differently and deeply than many other artists. As a result, she is not so popular as those that are in the top charts of mainstream media such as Beyonce.

I watched the unedited Window Seat video, its awesome.

answered by Carter | 03-31-2010 at 02:23 PM

Erykah Badu pulled off this jolting stunt in broad daylight, in sight of a few unsuspecting tourists with children in tow.

That was a bit irresponsible no matter how you appreciate art.

answered by Selena | 03-31-2010 at 02:26 PM

Why are you guys so interested in the unedited video?

Its not like you're going to see something really new.
I am not a fan of Erykah Badu's stunt in Window Seat. I think it is insensitive to the city she calls home, and I think she'll regret it some day.

answered by Shonda | 03-31-2010 at 02:32 PM

Why do we want to see the unedited version? We're guys.

answered by Guest | 03-31-2010 at 07:57 PM

Can anyone imagine if it was a black man in public. EVERYBODY would have gone to see a therapist and be totally outraged. If it was a white woman, everybody would be saying how great a shape she is in. In America, a woman is commonplace image...you don't have to go too far to see one.

But all that notwithstanding, I'm a black man and i believe Erykah Badu had one of the most elevated talents in music today. Definitely my number one female artist. She is as creative and genuine and driven. I wish i could just meet one woman like her.

answered by Guest | 03-31-2010 at 09:49 PM

The guys who directed Erykah Badu's Window Seat video admitted they had bail money ready just in case Erykah was arrested.

They even said this:

'Her contingency plan was get arrested. She was big on doing it. We had bail money and everything. I think she really wanted to get arrested, even make a bigger message.'

So they were ready for it. By the way I watched the unedited video and it is even better than the censored one.

answered by Connor | 04-01-2010 at 01:32 AM

OK, the allusion to the Kennedy assassination is a bit much.

But I think overall Erykah Badu did a good job with Window Seat, she made it controversial enough so everyone will notice her message.
Also everyone will obviously search for the unedited video!

Unfortunately, the video's been yanked from YouTube, so you'll have to mosey on over to her official site to watch.

answered by Peyton | 04-01-2010 at 01:39 PM

Erykah Badu Window Seat Unedited
I saw the unedited version of Erykah Badu's window seat.
I'm not sure if its still there though

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 03:28 PM

Erykah Badu says her buzzed-about new music video Window Seat where she references the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, has been "grossly misinterpreted by many."

How come?

For those searching for the unedited video, don't waste your time, there is not such thing.

answered by Noah | 04-01-2010 at 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-James View Post
I think it was a real video. There was a guy that was running after her when she dropped her coat. I don't see the issue in this country either. What kind of damage would it cause if a kid saw it anyway? It's not like they don't have the same thing. Nothing different than what kids do themselves. How is it innocent if a baby is shown on television, but someone that's a little older has the nation losing its mind over it? I loved the video, loved the song, and I definitely love Badu. There are a lot more important thing to worry about than a woman in the street with kids around. Keep it going.
Exactly well put..why are other people not getting this. A child's body is no
different than an adults and I am pretty sure the ones that saw were
the least bit shocked, just continue on where you were going and act
like you got some sense a human body is a human body. She's a regular
person like anyone else and nothing is special about her. She eat, drink
and **** in the woods just like everyone else. Look at a human being the same way, SIMPLE. Singing is not talent no ways all you are doing is writing down thoughts like a diary and humming it over some keyboards,
beats or piano. A chimpanzee can do that and do you think we really need
music and videos its all programming anyways cause they all talk and sing
about the same ole issues whether its relationships, saying I'm sorry songs, what I am going to buy you ,please. Furthermore, it were women mouths making this an topic/scene more than anything. If Erykah is doing for money nothing new, women run the strip clubs. About the permit,
she had room to do what she wanted and nobody' life was held up or forced
to watch. Government think they own all the land & air on the planet and
we giving one woman (grown child) attention when we could be looking
at real issues of poverty, hunger, homelessness but they, the public, can't make a big scene about that! Children in adult bodies rules the world my friend!!

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 10:14 PM

Erykah Badu's video has touched a nerve in her hometown of Dallas.

“Window Seat” was shot at the site of the Kennedy assassination and that is a huge disrespect in my opinion.
Good thing they edited, the unedited video is even more disrespectful.

answered by Eugene | 04-02-2010 at 02:53 AM

Erykah Badu deliberately attempted to get seized by police officers for filming without a permit. But she will not be charged for "Window Seat".

Regardless of whether Dallas officials decide to charge Erykah Badu with a crime, city law ought to be strengthened to prevent similar incidents.

answered by Sofia | 04-02-2010 at 01:53 PM

Well guys, it got serious.

The controversy over Erykah Badu’s “Window Seat” new video has now reached the Dallas Police Department. A law enforcement officer said that Erykah Badu may be charged with disorderly conduct for publicly removing all her clothes in Dallas’ Dealey Plaza during the music video shoot.

Erykah is in trouble.

answered by Makayla | 04-02-2010 at 08:07 PM

If any one can send the unedited video to me it would be greatly appreciated.... my email is ..

**********@hotmail.com

answered by jpines | 04-03-2010 at 01:33 PM

This whole Erykah Badu thing is ******!!!!!!!

Not that she undressed for a video, only the fact that people are complaining, Did alanis morrisette didn't get as much bs over her video, probably cause she's white!! I also think America needs to stop being sissy ***** , no wonder so many people are becoming gay, a boy looks at a woman and gets yelled at and told it's bad... I'm getting disgusted more and more over our countries bull ****! free country my ***** we worry more about these little things than we worry about people starving in our own country

Get the F outta here if you're a hater of Erykah Badu, i actually for the first time like her!

answered by asiwuz00@hotmail.com | 04-03-2010 at 03:41 PM

Have you heard the latest news about Erykah Badu?

Erykah Badu will be fined $500 for disorderly conduct after making the Windows Seat video.

At first, police said no citizens complained after the "Window Seat" video was filmed on March 13 and there were no plans to pursue charges. Now they changed their minds.

answered by Leonardo | 04-04-2010 at 12:30 AM

if anyone got the unedited my email is *******@yahoo.com
please send!

answered by Guest | 04-04-2010 at 03:27 AM

not bad
Nice body. Would like to see it uncensored.
Sorry for the kids there, why aren't they at school??

answered by Mee | 04-04-2010 at 03:38 AM

Window Seat is a classy song, Erykah Badu is a classy lady, and this video is one of the best ones I've seen so far.

answered by Claude | 04-04-2010 at 05:57 AM

The authorities in Dallas wanted to press charges against Erykah Badu for making the Window Seat video because children were present, but they didn't have witness calling or filing a complaint that day.

But now the police have one. Ida Espinosa, 32, of Vernon, offered a sworn statement to police.
With all the money Erykah Badu has, this won't bother her.

answered by Austin | 04-04-2010 at 03:13 PM

If this was a guy he would have been assaulted and charged heavily.

answered by Priest of Princes | 04-04-2010 at 04:02 PM

So after searching for the unedited Window Seat video for days I finally found it.
I just have to say wow.
Miss Erykah Badu sure is in shape.

answered by Guest | 04-04-2010 at 11:08 PM

I don't recommend watching the unedited video.
You're not missing a thing,
If I were that flabby and unattractive I would not eager to shed my clothes...and then to walk past small children with no regard.
I don't know what Erykah Badu was thinking when she filmed Window Seat.

answered by Audrey | 04-05-2010 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mila View Post
I was sent the unedited version but as a video file. The uncensored version is out there if you know how to search for it.

Had Erykah Badu been spotted by an officer, she could have been arrested for a class B misdemeanor charge of indecent exposure, which carries a fine of up to $2,000 and a jail term of up to 180 days, or both.

I mean there were children there.
The new song is pretty nice though.
How can I search it?

answered by Guest | 04-05-2010 at 05:22 PM

A citation of misdemeanor disorderly conduct has been mailed to Badu, who is a Dallas resident.
I wouldn't worry too much about that, Erykah is a smart girl who knows how things like these work.
She made this video (Window Seat) to generate a lot of buzz and she got just what she wanted.

answered by Hudson | 04-05-2010 at 09:07 PM

Nice parody
Hey Audrey! Your parody of a shallow, stuck-up white cave ***** is truly convincing! You certainly have a future in political satire! Look forward to seeing you satirize more heavy-weight issues like the similarities between Obama's new health reform and Roosevelt's New Deal! You go, girl!

answered by BrageBoogie | 04-05-2010 at 10:01 PM

To me Erykah Badu was just expressing her mind, and yes there were kids out side but half the people on the street saw what she was doing and looked away. In my personal opinion people have done worse, certain people do certain things and people just ignore it but people just go crazy when a girl does a video in the middle of the street. I mean that's life people.

answered by TRE | 04-06-2010 at 01:26 AM

Music videos have been as controversial as they come for as long as they have been played.
Erykah Badu already made it clear she had no intention of insulting nobody.

She stood up for what she believes in. Creating art means revealing yourself. Sometimes all of yourself.

Window Seat is one of the best videos of the decade.

answered by Andrew | 04-06-2010 at 01:11 PM

Heres the video
There's a group on facebook, when I joined it, I got a email with the unedited video

answered by Guest | 04-06-2010 at 05:22 PM

Where
What facebook group is it?

answered by Guest | 04-06-2010 at 09:08 PM

Erykah Badu's video earned her a disorderly conduct charge after the clip caught on -- which comes with a $500 fine.
I don't think she thought this thing through.

answered by Carla | 04-07-2010 at 02:56 AM

"I thought it was a move for women and men and children who feel they weren't good enough," Erykah Badu said Thursday (April 8) about her controversial video for "Window Seat." " 'This is just me, I'm good enough.' I felt it was important enough to do. More pros than cons."

Good for Erykah!

answered by Autumn | 04-08-2010 at 11:40 PM

Yanks are such hypocrites. Sadly its a disease that's catching on in other parts of the world.

answered by Guest | 04-09-2010 at 01:34 PM

HELLO!?!?!?
Did we ever get a link to the uncensored version?

Blah blah blah who cares. Yeah yeah yeah it's controversial. Blah blah blah

Where's the uncensored version?!?!?

answered by Guest | 04-09-2010 at 02:31 PM

Bushy
@guest: What, do you think you will see something you haven't seen before? Like a burning, talking bush or something? What if she's got a Brazilian cut? Being she's so roots, I doubt it. I think you're up for a disappointment, my friend.

answered by BrageBoogie | 04-10-2010 at 10:10 PM

only in america
Only in America are we hung up on bodies. Europeans laugh at us for being so puritanical. Pity the fools for not digging' what God gave you...... I guess folks would rather see some death and destruction instead of a woman.

answered by Guest | 04-11-2010 at 10:12 PM

why men wanna see the unedited version
this is to all the dumb ****** on here asking guys why we wanna see the unedited version. ummm, maybe because number 1, we are men and we like seeing women, especially if it is a celebrity, number 2, erykah badu has gotten thick as hell over the years, did you see that fat ***? i wanna see that *****, and number 3, we love breasts too sorry ladies but men will never change, just ******* deal with it and stop complaining. If that was some **** a famous male did, you would be trying to grab hold of the uncensored **** too so stop acting like it's not a double standard you hating ass hos!!!!

answered by Guest | 04-27-2010 at 02:19 AM

its like this fine or no fine she created a media buzz. The point was for people to liberate themselves and promote freethinking. Not being disrespectful to kennedy or anything but who cares where she shot the video. i enjoyed the video for its artistic and musical value it was only a bonus that she got but na ked. like someone mentioned earlier alanis did the same thing years back and i believe she was nominated for video of the year for that video. WAKE UP people!

answered by Guest | 04-28-2010 at 02:18 PM

The "kids" issue is so funny. Kids are not going to be scarred by this stuff. They will be scarred by all of the wars, shootings, torture, rape, you know, things that really matter and are horrifying.

answered by Guest | 04-30-2010 at 03:15 PM

send me
if someone finds it please send me an email
my email is mark (underscore) the (underscore) shark94 (at) hotmail (dot) com

answered by Guest | 04-30-2010 at 09:51 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.