Erykah Badu New Window Seat Video Uncut?

Have you seen the Erykah Badu's video for "Window Seat"?
And if so, what did you think?

Most people have seen the Erykah Badu's new video "Window Seat," the latest single from her New Amerykah Part Two: Return of the Ankh. Erykah Badu admitted stripping down was no easy task. "I was petrified while shooting this video ... but liberation began to set in. I conquered many fears in that few moments. I am grateful" she admitted on Twitter. Badu's posterior may garner her attention, but thinking folks are attempting to decode the message that remains once once everything is striped down.

Starting from dark trench coat and sunglasses, Erykah Badu stripped one by one layers of clothing, revealing a tattoo on her upper back that reads “Evolving,” and winds up with no clothes. The Badu Window Seat video was directed by Coodie Rock.

I would like to watch the uncut version of the video. I've seen the one on video sites and they're all the same. Where is the uncut video Erykah Badu new Window Seat video?

asked by Gray in Music | 47964 views | 03-29-2010 at 09:28 PM

The new video is amazing. I'm also looking for the uncut version.

In "Window Seat," Erykah Badu's casually strips out of a black overcoat, purple hoodie, black pants, sheer white T-shirt and black underwear and bra as she walks toward the intersection in Dallas where President Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. The Window Seat video was shot on St. Patrick's Day and Badu tweeted that it went off without a hitch, though she did get heckled by some parents for the stunt.

Commonly described as one of the more eccentric contemporary songstresses, Erykah Badu's latest video will surely keep people talking.

On Sunday night, Erykah Badu was active on Twitter, explaining the video, which was directed by Coodie.

"We only had 1 shot to get it right," she wrote. "We didn't plan the shot. Coodie and I just went raw dog. Too busy looking for cops and being petrified."

Erykah Badu also explained that the entire scene of her walking down took just a couple of minutes. They got their footage and ran like hell.

Badu walks between several people on the street, and a few can be seen staring at her as she strolls and strips. You can watch the video on her site.

According to the Dallas Morning News, a Dallas city spokesman said that Badu did not have permission for the stunt: "The production company that produced this video never contacted the City to seek the proper permits. This is known as "guerrilla filming" where production companies circumvent the proper permitting procedures and usually shoot these scenes in one take knowing that if they are discovered they would face arrest and/or penalties."

Erykah Badu's new video: Window Seat.

I hope Erykah Badu doesn't get in trouble for her new video. I'm sure some guy has the uncut version of the video in his cellphone.

answered by Carl | 03-29-2010 at 09:35 PM

I'm also looking for he uncut version of Erykah Badu's new Window Seat video.
All the video I've watched have the blur. I want to watch a video that has no blur or little squares or whatever.

Anyone knows the link to the uncut version of the video?

answered by Jules | 03-29-2010 at 11:57 PM

This is one of the most realist new music videos I've ever seen in a while.
Window Seat is very unique and creative as well.
It's very deep and it leaves me emotional too especially the ending.

I don't think there is an uncut version of Erykah Badu's Window Seat video.
Once they edited and added the blurry parts they must have deleted the original just in case.

answered by Terry | 03-30-2010 at 12:01 AM

Leave it to Erykah Badu to merge one of the most popular music videos in recent memory with one of the most infamous moments in American history.

The new video has already been ripped from YouTube over a copyright issue and watchdog groups are already upset about the idea of Erykah Badu doing what she did.
Badu has said that the “Window Seat” video was meant to spark a discussion of “groupthink.”

Still I think Window Seat is an amazing video. I don't know who's idea was but it is great.
Not sure about the uncut version though. Like somebody say, somebody with a camera might have the uncensored version of Erykah Badu's Window Seat.

answered by Alexander | 03-30-2010 at 12:11 AM

Where's the uncut video of Window Seat?
And why is youtube deleting all Erykah Badu videos of Window Seat from its website?

answered by Erykah Badu | 03-30-2010 at 03:38 AM

Erykah Badu's "Window Seat" video almost didn't end with Erykah getting shot on the grassy knoll where JFK was assassinated.
Several endings were tossed around, including one where Erykah Badu turned the camera away from herself and onto her camera crew, who were also just like her.

I think they nailed the end.

answered by Grant | 03-30-2010 at 04:07 AM

Why do you guys want to see the uncut? It's not like you're going to see something new.

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that city officials say Erykah Badu broke the law by not securing a permit for the filming.

Erykah said she knew there were children nearby.

Can they press charges against Erykah Badu?

answered by Jacob | 03-30-2010 at 04:10 AM

Nothing is going to happen to Erykah Badu. Window Seat is already filmed so its too late to do something about the permits now.

City spokesman Frank Librio says her crew never applied for required permits. He says "guerrilla" film crews who "usually shoot these scenes in one take know that if they are discovered they would face arrest and/or penalties."

This is what Erykah Badu said about the filming of Window Seat.

Q: What can you tell me about the thought process behind the video for “Window Seat”?

Erykah Badu: It was filmed Saturday (March 13) before St. Patrick’s Day. It was a pretty spontaneous thing. The song “Window Seat” is about liberating yourself from layers and layers of skin or demons that are a hindrance to your growth or freedom, or evolution. I wanted to do something that said just that, so I started to think about shedding, taking things off in a very artful way. I am from the theater, and this is just a part of expression to us, a part of art. And I saw a video by a group called Matt and Kim, and it was filmed in Times Square. And I thought it was the bravest, most liberating thing I’ve ever seen two people do. And I wanted to dedicate this contagious act of liberation and freedom to them. I hoped it would become something contagious that people would want to do in some way or another.

answered by Miri | 03-30-2010 at 04:15 AM

I wonder what's the meaning behind the song Window Seat?
I like Erykah Badu!
I heard “Window Seat” was shot in real time. It took the length of the song to shoot the video. Originally, Erykah Badu was going to sing as she walked but decided not to.

Good choice, it is better this way.
Link to uncut version?

answered by Rob | 03-30-2010 at 03:55 PM

Guys, there is an uncut version on the web. A friend showed it to me but I don't remember the address.
Erykah Badu says she was verbally harassed by the people on the street the day she filmed her new video Window Seat, though you can't see that in the video.

answered by Chord | 03-30-2010 at 03:58 PM

Erykah Badu is safe. Moments ago a Dallas Police officer told CNN that she would not be charged for indecent exposure.
She made all this because she hates group-think which is a psychological term referring to a group of people who sacrifice everything individuality in order to embrace collective thought and avoid conflict. What kids in high school do.

answered by Tommy | 03-30-2010 at 04:00 PM

These are some of the critics of Erykah Badu new Window Seat video.

"I don't understand how someone who lives here, who is a resident of this city, could do such a thing," said Lindalyn Adams, a longtime civic volunteer who is credited with rescuing Dealey Plaza from neglect and exploitation in the 1980s.

John Crawford, president of the nonprofit Downtown Dallas, added: "It's in poor taste and poor judgment, in my opinion."

Imagine if they watched the uncut video.

answered by Aiden | 03-30-2010 at 06:49 PM

The Window Seat video is undeniably bold. The simple act of a woman doing this she walks through Daley Plaza is political. And provocative.

Kudos to Erykah Badu.

answered by Noah | 03-30-2010 at 06:51 PM

There is no uncut version.

To shoot the Window Seat video Erykah Badu would have had to get a special events permit from the events office and it would have had to specify what type of filming they were doing, what subjects they would use and any traffic control they would need.

But of course they didn't do it that way because the city the events office would have said no.

Erykah Badu is a genius and her new song and video are awesome.

answered by Joseph | 03-30-2010 at 06:54 PM

Badu, who was born in Dallas in February 1971, has just released a new CD New Amerykah Part Two: Return of the Ankh.
Did you guys listen to her new CD?

Window Seat is just one of the amazing songs that disc has.

One appalled onlooker told her "this is a public place : you ought to be ashamed.

answered by Melanie | 03-30-2010 at 10:25 PM

Though critics have deemed Erykah Badu’s bold Window Seat video a form of art and freedom of expression, the police is calling the move a crime.

There’s no question that Erykah Badu’s managed to capture the attention of everyone with her Window Seat Video uncut, and it's normal, especially since Erykah Badu’s managed to get the City of Dallas really mad for filming the video without a permit.

answered by Alyssa | 03-31-2010 at 03:00 AM

A Dallas police officer told MTV if Erykah Badu had been spotted or reported, the combination of indecent exposure and the presence of children could have landed her a maximum fine of $4,000 and up to one year in jail ... or both.

That's a lot of time in jail.

But the authorities will do nothing about the Window Seat video because they will consider it art.
If the uncut video starts circulating the web that will be another thing.

answered by Taylor | 03-31-2010 at 03:03 AM

I think the problem with the Window Seat video is not the uncut thing but that the memory of John F Kennedy and that day remains raw for many Americans. So when Erykah Badu made a music video showing her following the same route as JFK before collapsing at the very spot the president was shot, controversy was bound to happen and people will obviously get mad about it.

But I think Erykah Badu did the right thing with the Window Seat video.
It's just Erykah Badu expressing herself. I approve it.

answered by Kevin | 03-31-2010 at 03:06 AM

What Erykah Badu tries to emphasize in the video is the fact that those who try to speak about being different, themselves are the ones to fall prey to the wrath of the society. However, the underlying message of the video has receded into the background with maximum attention being paid to the blurred scenes. Everyone wants to see the uncut video of Window Seat.

answered by Paul | 03-31-2010 at 02:14 PM

Indecent exposure is a Class B misdemeanor in the State of Texas and law enforcement could only have charged Erykah Badu if she was caught in the act.
Since she wasn't she doesn't have to worry about it.

She took a big risk with Window Seat. She could have been sued by the people there.

answered by Oliver | 03-31-2010 at 02:20 PM

The Erykah Badu Window Seat video uncut has caused quite a stir among her fans and people that have watched the video. And I think Badu’s choice of location carries some serious political connotations.

answered by Silver | 03-31-2010 at 02:21 PM

Given the worldwide attention "Window Seat" has garnered, the new video accomplished what Erykah Badu set out to in terms of hyping the release of her new album, New Amerykah Part Two (Return of the Ankh). It's a win-win for her.
Best advertising campaign ever for a music video clip.

answered by Holly | 03-31-2010 at 10:09 PM

I don't care if Erykah Badu wants to hop on one foot and cluck like a chicken, my problem is she did the Window Seat video in front of people who had no choice but to see it.

Those were the people that watched the uncut video live. It was irresponsible.

answered by Hailey | 04-01-2010 at 01:34 AM

Dam
I wish I was one of the people that have seen it live

answered by Qugie | 04-01-2010 at 12:47 PM

It was just a few weeks ago that Lady Gaga and Beyonce were swirling in controversy over their "Telephone" video, with many people asking whether music videos had gone too far.

And now Erykah Badu with this video?
Let me tell you, if the uncut Window Seat video gets popular, she will get in trouble.

answered by Carter | 04-01-2010 at 09:31 PM

The video is down everywhere guys, catch it here while you can

answered by Guest | 04-02-2010 at 12:41 AM

Erykah Badu tried to get arrested when shooting her latest video. That was going to generate more buzz for Window Seat. It didn't happen.

Maybe she will release the uncut video on DVD to make a scandal.

answered by Ian | 04-02-2010 at 02:55 AM

So no one has a link to the uncut video. **** youtube.

answered by Guest | 04-02-2010 at 04:58 AM

The Washington Post describes the Window Seat video as a "big, bold artistic statement." And they should know about this.
I think the video is superb and Erykah Badu's message is very clear in it.

answered by Henry | 04-02-2010 at 01:58 PM

No one has even brought up the great Matt and Kim video to which Erykah Badu even attributes her own video. Did you see that video guys?
And there is an uncut of that one already.

Window Seat is great. The song helps a lot, great song for the video.

answered by Liam | 04-02-2010 at 08:22 PM

People say they had no choice but to look? Bull. OK where is the uncut version of the video?
There is no uncut! I can't believe with all the high end camera phones and tourists with cams, nobody took a picture! Funny the white guy walking with his arm around his woman no he wanted to look at all that black thickness!

answered by GuestMe | 04-03-2010 at 12:49 PM

I don't think the video ever happened because the people around Erykah Badu don't even see her, walking in front of a green screen is what it looks like.

answered by See | 04-04-2010 at 12:32 AM

Nice
I hope this starts a trend

answered by Guest | 04-04-2010 at 01:08 AM

The controversy surrounding Erykah Badu's Dealey Plaza video shoot doesn't seem to be affecting her record sales.
Window Seat is a hit and Erykah is selling lots of records.

answered by Evelyn | 04-04-2010 at 05:51 AM

This is the video of Wanda Sykes imitating Erykah Badu and trying to do her own Window Seat video.
Too funny.

answered by Charlie | 04-04-2010 at 03:17 PM

After all this time I'm thinking maybe there's not an uncut video of Window Seat.
I've been to every single website out there and no site has the uncut one.

answered by Mayor | 04-04-2010 at 11:52 PM

I just can't believe how Erykah Badu's new video Window Seat is considered a bad thing but the profanity and violence depicted in music, movies and television is allowed.
Sometimes I think America is messed up.

answered by Jasmine | 04-05-2010 at 02:13 PM

MTV News recently spoke with Coodie and Chike the guys who made "Window Seat," who said Erykah Badu understood the possible repercussions of not only filming without a proper permit, but also of the media and the people.

No uncut video?

answered by Steven | 04-05-2010 at 09:09 PM

Will Erykah Badu's brave stand against the tyranny of wearing clothes inspire other attractive female musicians to doff their tops in videos for the sake of their art?
I hope Beyonce is next.

answered by Ralph | 04-06-2010 at 03:26 AM

Erykah got what Erykah wanted--lots of eyeballs on her skin and lots of talk about her act.
She is an intelligent person and knew what she was doing from the beginning.
Badu broke the law. She gets her misdemeanor fine, nothing more or less, and everyone moves on with life and does the job they were hired to do.

answered by Walt | 04-06-2010 at 01:14 PM

It's not clear exactly what statement Erykah Badu intended to make with her latest video Window Seat, I mean, was it really necessary?
For me it looks like she wants to sell more records.

answered by Jelly | 04-07-2010 at 02:57 AM

Erykah Badu knew the clip would cause a stir.

She recently said she received support from other artists such as Jill Scott, Mo'Nique, Angela Davis and Kim from Matt and Kim as well as other celebrity fans.

answered by Paige | 04-08-2010 at 11:41 PM

Please, please, please, please, please, if anyone has Erykah Badu's video uncut I want to see it!!!

answered by Guest | 04-13-2010 at 02:25 AM

help
Did anybody find the uncut video yet?

answered by Guest | 04-21-2010 at 06:52 PM

Uncut Version of Window Seat -- Not on this Sissy Blog!!!!
This is the most Punk As s, Fag (not in the gay sense either -- I'm not a homophobe either), Coochie As s blog that I have ever seen. Several folks have asked for the link to the site where the uncut version of Window Seat may be found and nobody replies. No one at all is interested in seeing Eryka's Badu's *******? Every one want to talk about not getting a ******* permit. Gimme a effing break -- Badu made millions from record sales, let's not forget all the exposure, she could pay for max fines, defense lawyer, civil suits, and do a short bid in the county jail for a misdemeanor -- and still come out millions ahead. And that not counting for all the free promo for her new album. That ***** is laughing at all ya'll all the way to the bank.

One lame dude even says that you really don't want to see it because it is nothing new or you've already seen that. Is that some **** or what?

If I eventually find it, I'll come back and post it and let you know. Fo sho.

Steven Johnson
Pine Hills

answered by Guest | 05-08-2010 at 12:04 PM

Thank you Steve, just give me the link and stop talking about a darn permit.

answered by Guest | 06-06-2010 at 06:56 PM

Still waiting steven, lol your post is one of the most on point I've read on them internets.

answered by Guest | 09-26-2010 at 01:38 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.