Johnny Maestro Cancer Death?

Johnny Maestro's death is all over the news right now. Johnny Maestro, the lead singer of Johnny Maestro and The Brooklyn Bridge, has died late Wednesday night in Florida.

Maestro’s last performance was Jan. 17, when The Brooklyn Bridge was among groups appearing at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut. It was billed as “The Ultimate Doo-Wop Party.”

Johnny Maestro was 70 and had been battling cancer. His last residence was in Cape Coral, Fla.
He also suffered a heart attack a while ago.

What type of cancer caused Johnny Maestro's death?

asked by Jane_ in Music | 8314 views | 03-25-2010 at 03:55 PM

The AP is reporting that singer Johnny Maestro has died in Florida. Maestro died yesterday after having battled cancer for many years.

Les Cauchi, a friend and original Brooklyn Bridge member, said Maestro — born John Mastrangelo — died late Wednesday in Florida. His last residence was in Cape Coral, Fla.

Johnny Maestro began his career in the 1950s with The Crests, whose hits included "16 Candles."

The Brooklyn Bridge was formed in 1968 by the merger of two other bands and continues to perform.

A visit to the official site of the band greets you with this message from Johnny Maestro. He thanked his fans on the band's website for their ongoing support soon after he was diagnosed with cancer.

Picture of Johnny Maestro.

Johnny Maestro dead

"I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for their thoughts, get well wishes and prayers while I am undergoing treatment for cancer."

No word on what kind of cancer caused his death.

A few days before his death, Johnny Maestro also expressed:

"I want everyone to know that when I read your messages, it brightens my day and gives me strength and determination to get back on stage. Your support is the best medicine."

answered by Hills | 03-25-2010 at 04:05 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.