Tiger Woods Caddy Salary?

Caddies are typically paid a weekly salary to cover expenses and then receive a percentage of earnings. The standard is five percent, with a bonus of 10 percent for a victory. How much money does Tiger Woods caddy make each year for schlepping around a bag of golf clubs?

asked by Cess in Golf | 25985 views | 08-10-2009 at 12:04 AM

Caddies don't have set salaries; it's negotiated between player and caddy. Some players pay more, some less.

Tiger's caddy Steve is most definitely paid a "flat" amount or a salary - paying him 10% could put him in the $500k + range and I don't know if Tiger is willing to pay him that much but who knows? I remember Charles Barkley said the 2 cheapest bastards he had ever met were Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods and they are filthy rich.

According to Forbes magazine:

"That's nothing compared with Steve Williams. The race car-driving, pro caddy from age 15 walks the links with Tiger Woods and made $1.27 million last year. Had he been a tour player instead of a caddy, those earnings would have put him in the top 75."

answered by Corr | 08-10-2009 at 12:06 AM

I believe Tiger Woods' caddy keeps on getting more money. His salary is over one million dollars and the more they stay with the same golfer, the more they charge you.

answered by Guest | 07-24-2011 at 02:23 PM

comment