National Margarita Day 2010?

February 22 is National Margarita Day 2010, that is a weird holiday.
This holiday is something I can get behind, I don't know who created it but he was a genius. Are there any specific celebratory traditions associated with the National Margarita Day 2010?
When did it start? Do you have a favorite margarita formula? Bummer that this particular national holiday falls on a Monday. It should be celebrated on a weekend.

asked by America in Holidays | 2235 views | 02-22-2010 at 05:20 PM

According to the foodie calendar, Monday, Feb. 22, is National Margarita Day.

There are several versions of the Margarita genesis story, but my favorite is the one set in 1938, in which Ensenada bartender Danny Herrera developed the Margarita through trial and error in order to impress American actress Marjorie King, who hated the taste of straight tequila.

There are many ways to make margarita's, especially in celebration.
This is the best quick recipe to prepare a margarita and celebrate National Margarita Day 2010.

Herradura Tamarindo Margarita

9 ounces Tequila Herradura Blanco
1 liter tamarind pulp (can be found in retail locations featuring Hispanic or organic products)
4 to 6 ounces simple syrup
Juice of 2 oranges
Juice of 2 limes
Chili powder and salt

In a container, mix tamarindo pulp, Tequila Herradura Blanco, simple syrup, orange and lime juices. Shake all of these ingredients by hand.
Fill half of a blender pitcher with ice, and complete with the liquid mix just prepared. Blend.
Serve in margarita glasses rimmed with chili powder and salt.

Happy National Margarita Day 2010!

answered by Charlie | 02-22-2010 at 05:24 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.