Toms Shoes: One Day Without Shoes 2010?

Kristen Bell wants people to remember how lucky they are to have access to shoes, and is going to do something for TOMS Shoes to help raise awareness about One Day Without Shoes 2010.

On Thursday, April 8 2010, Toms Shoes will organize walks across the U.S. for the “One Day Without Shoes Movement.”

TOMS Shoes, a company known for its philanthropic efforts, is encouraging people to go barefoot today to experience a life without shoes.

I would love to know more about the One Day Without Shoes 2010 movement since this is the first year I hear about it. I'd like to participate too. I never take the time to think about people who don't have any shoes. It is a good idea to have a day for this cause.

Where are these Toms Shoes walks taking place?

asked by Jackie in Fashion & Accessories | 2317 views | 04-08-2010 at 06:46 PM

The movement One Day Without Shoes is organized by Toms shoes and has attracted Internet interest via social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. Some communities are hosting barefoot walks today all over the country.

The TOMS shoes company is not only known for their cute and casual designs, but also their amazing One for One program, where with every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need.

The Jonas Brothers are walking around barefoot right now supporting the One Day Without Shoe day. They want to help spread awareness of the impact a simple pair of shoes can bring to a child's life in the developing world.

I think sometimes we forget what we have, and occasionally it's important to remind ourselves. Most people don't even realize how many children in developing countries grow up barefoot and all the risks, infections and diseases they endure.

TOMS was founded in 2006 by Texas native Blake Mycoskie who created the company after traveling to Argentina on the second season of Amazing Race. The shoes are manufactured in Argentina, China, and Ethiopia which all adhere to sound labor conditions and fair pay.

When Blake saw Argentinean children walking barefoot on streets strewn with garbage and broken glass, he didn't just donate some money, he started a company with the goal of putting shoes on the feet of every needy child.

Four years later, Mycoskie's Santa Monica-based startup — TOMS Shoes — has given away more than 400,000 pairs of shoes and laid the foundation for a new form of business the Arlington, Texas, native calls "conscious capitalism."

This is a video of Kristen Bell going barefoot for TOMS One Day Without Shoes in April 8 2010.

answered by Paul | 04-08-2010 at 06:54 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.