Zone 40 Wireless Gaming?

I was about to buy the Nintendo Wii and I received an email about the zone 40 wireless gaming console. Is the Zone 40 console any good?

asked by Gamer in PC Games | 54682 views | 08-09-2009 at 06:10 PM

Zone 40 has released a Wireless gaming console. It looks pretty much like a the nintendo console, and has the same premise ďfun for the entire familyĒ. This mini console Zone 40 Wireless gaming is clearly not a wii, but it contains some games inside that may be entertaining for just a fraction of a third-generation console price.

The console comes with 40 built I games, including 11 sport games and comes with controllers. Right now is found mostly in UK.

It is a bad console in my opinion. Go with a playstation, xbox or wii.

answered by Patrichi | 08-09-2009 at 06:15 PM

The Zone 40 is actually a really good console. About a seventh of the price of the wii and with eight times the games in wii sports, I think it's a great bargain.

answered by Guest | 08-27-2009 at 08:01 PM

I bought it today, For the price it came at it is a Very nice system. I am not very good at it but not the point, If you wanna spend 300 or so dollars For the Wii, Go ahead, But This system is a lot of fun. And gives you a good workout, haha

answered by Ray Briar | 08-29-2009 at 12:46 AM

I guess if I played games a lot I might have been disappointed but for the price it's great. My arms still hurt from the tennis game!

answered by Guest | 09-02-2009 at 01:12 AM

I bought it at CVS yesterday, and its ok. Its not a Wii, more like a supernintendo with motion control. The games arent half bad, and if you like wii sports its worth it. For the price of one Wii game, its not to bad. If you expect a real gaming system, you'll be disappointed. Bottom line: Its not total crap, and its actually kinda fun.

answered by Guest | 09-02-2009 at 07:46 PM

no think about it
I bought it in CVS, it is quite cheap, comparing with WII.
Zone 40, has 40 build-in games, all the games are out of date, like 1990's game..it is for under 10 years old kids, i think.

answered by Guest | 09-10-2009 at 10:59 PM

Zone-40
CVS Pharmacy has them for $30+ tax and they look good.

answered by Guest | 09-11-2009 at 05:17 PM

I bought the Zone 40 wireless game console in the UK and it's utter rubbish. I don't know if the games are the same as the ones they are selling in the US but it's a load of crap. I expected it to be bad at the price, but it was only for my son to use and he's not very good at NOT breaking things. Straight out of the box and the picture was crap, the games are distorted and are so slow you give up after five seconds, the motion sensors don't pick up every movement so you lose every game anyway. Plus it's all in black and white, but is advertised on the box as being in colour. I'm pretty p***ed off about it. It's not worth a penny.

answered by Guest | 09-14-2009 at 08:18 PM

hey
its not in black and white, price drop tv showed us it and it was in colour so there you moaner !

answered by Guest | 09-27-2009 at 01:02 PM

This is by no means a wii, it is though a system worth the 30 dollar price tag. I played all week end and enjoyed it. It did remind me of super Nintendo type games. and for the price you cant beat it.

answered by D Burkett | 10-01-2009 at 05:43 PM

My grandson is 10 and this looks like something he would love. I know he really likes Wii Sports

answered by Jim | 10-05-2009 at 04:34 PM

specs and future
I am curious about the specs and whether or not there is a possible future for this system. I saw the console at CVS. The price is that of a game I just bought for the XBOX 360. The console ships with 40 games. With some modification could this console have a future?

answered by Guest | 10-06-2009 at 04:23 AM

it sucks end of story

answered by Guest | 10-07-2009 at 01:33 PM

Stop complaining about 40 bucks.
Think about it..40 games comes built in. Does the wii have 40 built in games? Only wii sports come free with tennis, baseball, bowling,golf, and boxing. your looking at paying about 30-50 bucks a game. this is a great deal. Dont knock it, til you try it. I am a Nintendo lover myself. I still have my Super Nintendo with 30+ games. Iím willing to give the system a chance. It is only 40 bucks, if your complaining about 40 bucks and 40 games built in, than there is something seriously wrong with you. I own 5 systems. It keeps all my guests entertained, especially with my 3 47inch hd tvís.

answered by yallarestupid | 10-12-2009 at 02:18 PM

zone40
ummm i bought it and it's.... wtf? funny, corny, but kinda fun.... kinda regret spending $40 on it but then i dont...

answered by Guest jac | 10-18-2009 at 04:00 AM

zone 40
did you or did you not get a zone 40

answered by Guest | 10-18-2009 at 07:51 AM

zone 40
does anyone know a site where i can download games for the zone 40?

answered by boogers | 10-25-2009 at 01:36 AM

Zone 40 for 29.99
right now CVS is offering it for $30 in USA. go get it guys!!!!

answered by Guest | 10-25-2009 at 04:58 PM

Take ages 5+ into consideration
The console is for the age 5+, they should have included ages less than 11 also. If you have ever played super nintendo or the like, or maybe even regular nintendo for that matter, and later gaming consoles such as playstation, Wii, or PC games in the last 10 years, don't waste your time or money. Out of the 40 games I found maybe 4 or 5 that I could actually play for a whole 15 minutes before becoming completely bored.

answered by Guest | 11-12-2009 at 01:57 AM

zone 40 :(
i got this for my bros brithday and i dont like it so we are taking it back get the wii in my opinion.

answered by Guest | 11-12-2009 at 04:29 AM

New Fairchild Channel F
This is the new Fairchild Channel F Video Entertainment System. It has the type of games you would have seen Circa 1976 but if that's your style and only plan on paying a game for 15 minutes and then go do something else, it might not be such a bad system.

answered by Guest | 11-12-2009 at 06:20 AM

zone 40 is SWEET
all of the post above that are discin the zone 40 are ignorant. if u dont like it, dont keep it, but it is for younger children, or simply those who just cannot afford a wii. and yes, it is a wii "knock off," and for a good reason. if it wasnt a knock off then it wouldnt be cheap. they made a knock off so that people who have children who want a wii and cant afford $250 for one, can get them a look alike and make their kids happy and who cares that its a knock off. they arent trying to be mr copy cat and be cool or what ever yall seem to think with this knock off, they are trying to give those who cannot afford a wii a chance. any way its gettin close to xmas and i do plan on gettin my lil brother one as a gift, and as a child, since thats what it is for he wont care about the "graffics" or how "cheap" it looks, he will enjoy it, and i believe i will too!

answered by ZONE 40 yo | 11-13-2009 at 09:24 PM

well i want to get it so i think it'll be ok

answered by Guest | 11-17-2009 at 12:58 AM

Zone 40
I just bought zone 40 three hours ago. I was wondering can you buy accessories with it ???

I was wondering can you buy more Wireless Controllers with the system? ( It only come with two)

answered by Justin | 11-18-2009 at 04:16 AM

Well if all of you want to by a wii for everyone that has th zone more power to you if not shut up.

answered by Guest | 11-19-2009 at 06:26 AM

What are the 40 games? Is there a list somewhere?

answered by Guest | 11-19-2009 at 01:44 PM

the list is on the back of the box. im an 11 year old girl. my mom bought me this since my xbox broke for the fourth time and i cant stop playing it, so buy it or you are a moron!!!!

answered by Guest | 11-21-2009 at 10:48 PM

Games
Who cares the games are a little old?
They're so much fun!

answered by Guest | 11-22-2009 at 01:43 PM

So many people are missing the point. this is OBVIOUSLY not for hard core gamers. IT is not for people who waste their lives playing ideo games for several hours at a time. Also, this is not tryig to be the next "gaming console" of hte future. This is more like hte Plug and Play arcade games that were big a few years ago. The downfall of this system is going to be tht everyone who wants a Wii pretty much already has one. So there is no need to get one. It is not as if Wiis are flying off shelves anymore.

answered by Guest | 11-22-2009 at 10:09 PM

Retro Rules!!!!
OK! I have read every comment and nobody seems to understand the genius of this machine. I have now bought a second one for £20 for when this one breaks. Imagine a collection of 40 gaming greats from the 16bit era (including neo geo Turfmasters, bomberman and tetris) putting these all in the one stylish console and updating them to work with motion sensitive controllers! I play this more than my xbox 360 as games now worry too much about the graphics and have lost their way on the game play. There is also a zone fit mat which in stores and poundstretcher have for £30 that I will be purchasing at the weekend! The Nintendo wii is guilty of reproducing quick thrill games of which you tire of quickly, the games in here are classics which have stood the test of time. For £20 it is an absolute steal for any gaming, retro, or social games fan!

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 01:38 PM

Economically crunched
This game is a great alternative to spending more than a third of my husbands unemployment check on a game. People act like these game systems are a necessity. HELLO!!!!! It's a fricken game. I thank the people who understand that not all of us can afford to waste a car note on a game that doesn't come with any games to play. Let alone time to play it except when we are trying to entertain younger loved ones. I have three children who will love this game and won't know the difference. Go ahead buy your children this game. Hell, get it for yourself. I'm a child of the 80's and I only play pong, ms. pac man, space invaders, and centepede anyway. This console makes me feel more upto date and now I can afford a game system for my kids so xmas won't be a bust.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 05:14 PM

I was thinking about getting this for my 3 yr old and wondering what games are loaded on it. after reading different sites with several people bad mouthing it just makes me think how pathetic some poeple are. In this day who can afford all these high price consoles with maybe 1 game if your lucky and for the people who can afford them who wants to I don't know how many of those expensive consoles my 15 yr old has been through and its not that hes rough with them either. I personally hope there are old games on it like atari and nintendo stuff better than the violent CRAP they have out now days. I think I will go buy it.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 08:16 PM

shut up!
IT'S $30!!! THAT'S LESS THAN A DOLLAR PER GAME!!! MOST SINGLE GAMES ARE MORE THAN THAT!!! THEY AREN'T GREAT, BUT THERE ARE >40<!!! IF YOU JUST WANNA PLAY FOR 15-45 MIN. AT A TIME IT'S AWESOME!!!! ALL WHO DIS IT ARE FREAKS WITH NO LIFE, THAT PLAY GAMES 24-7!!!!!!!!!!!!

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 10:35 PM

I watched some kid rag on this console for 24 minutes at YouTube but I liked what I saw a lot at:

These games looked as good as any older PC games that we all grew up on and played for hours in the days of Atari, Commodore, the original early Nintendos, and other early Sega games, etc. After watching the video for myself there and disregarding the kid's verbal comments and the way he blew through the games and said they sucked without even really trying to play them properly, I would not take his word for it.

I am buying one with an extra power adapater and an additional power converter to send to the family in the Philippines I help who have never known the joy of playing any video games at all. I am also buying one for myself and I know I will love some of the arcade games best.

Some games in this console are really just clones of other popular games from long ago. A game there called "The Mouse and the Cat" is really a Pac-Man clone in disguise (Any way you slice it, that type of a game is fun, to me!). I heard 2 people at other reviews online say that the "Bee Fighting" game on this console was just a clone of Galaga or Galaxian, but I believe it is a clone of Space Invaders, myself (that game was probably well before his time, but it was a much-loved game in the real arcades and on all the game consoles of the past).

The kid in the video said that one particular game was a Donkey Kong clone but it's not, although it does have a gorilla character that does even resemble Donkey Kong, but a mouse down below ducks out into holes and another mouse appears... I guess until all the mice get into all the holes, without getting hit by the Donkey Kong type character tossing logs down at them. That's the only thing similar but the game is not at all a direct clone or copy and the game-play is totally different in many ways... It's called "Hitting Mice".

I myself like PC Golf games and it looked good enough for that game, just with lower resolution Atari-style graphics. It has the strength bar to adjust the power of your swing and the timing of your release, just like more expensive golf games I have played on more advanced systems. The kid didn't even try to line up the shot, adjust for wind and yardage, or time the release and power stroke, so naturally he was just "too good" to be caught dead admitting it may be fun or thinks himself "too sophisticated" to stoop to playing lower powered/fewer zillion-colored games like this or to actually enjoy playing such an old-fashioned-looking game.

I say that more than a handful of the games will please you and that alone makes the unit well worth the cost. It's at C.V.S. here in New England area of the USA for $29.99... come on people... for less than $1 a game it's a steal!

I'm glad that a few of the reviewers, including this kid, like to toss it in the trash after reviewing it because they are spoiled brats who can piss through $30 bucks and fill our landfills with electronic trash prematurely as they make our greenhouse gasses worse... just to be a friggin' superstar on youTube with their useless and derogatory rhetoric about a great product! I guess they love to support the runaway capitalism that makes nothing on earth of any real value to them. Perhaps the world has been all too kind to brats like that!

My advice is take a chance on the game for a measly $29.99 and I say many people will probably love it!

answered by carlbigman | 11-25-2009 at 11:55 AM

zone 40
Quote #35 BRAVO!

answered by Guest | 11-25-2009 at 02:03 PM

I'm giving it a whirl
I bought it for $29, then used my CVS card for additonal discount, for my boys, age 6 and 7, for Christmas. I'm predicting it will be a hit--we already have a PS2 and both boys have their own computers and play educational games, but they both really enjoyed the times when they played interactive motion-style games on friends' WII systems and also the few older PS2 games that use the "Eye Toy" motion capture device (why did that concept flop for Sony?--the games are mostly fun and get you really sweating!). In this economy I couldn't justify buying a Wii, which my wife was suggesting we do. Not just the cost of the Wii, but the games are about $50 each and the necessary extra wireless controllers and accessories are pricey. This was about $25 after discounts, and the games look like fun for 6 and 7 year olds...and maybe dad too! But I'm not looking at it like a Wii replacement--it's not. But it does fill the conceptual niche for a tiny fraction of the cost. I'm looking forward to setting it up Christmas Eve...probably my wife and I will try it out after some late night wine....

answered by Waveho | 11-25-2009 at 08:29 PM

Is Zone 40 remote compatible with Wii?
I am building an interactive whiteboard system using Wii remotes. Does anyone know if these Zone 40 remotes are compatible with a real Wii console. [I don't care how crappy the Zone 40 console is or isn't. If the remotes are compatible, then its worth getting one.]

Thanks.

RMC

answered by Guest | 11-26-2009 at 12:00 AM

zone 40
bought a zone 40 today for a stocking filler for little lads christmas present cause he is wanting to go on the wii all the time i think this is a cheap gaming console compared to the wii and a lot cheaper to replace if he breaks it also at chrismas the adults can play on the wii while the kids play on the zone 40 i think its money well spent

answered by Guest | 11-26-2009 at 12:12 PM

this is not a substitute for the wii. sorry. despite the cheap price and getting what you pay for, it is not an alternative. myself, being a 35 year old fella, would hook this bad boy up and get a retarded kick out of it. however, if i gave this to a 10-year old kid, i would expect him to never speak to me again. i'd be better off defecating into a wii box and giving it to him, at least he'd appreciate my thoughtlessness with a gift like that.

answered by poppasquat | 11-27-2009 at 03:26 AM

Thanks for the great posting
Thanks for taking the time to talk sensibly about this system. We have a 6 and a 7 year old, who have not been introduced to video games yet and I think that this will be a really fun family system. We can always move up to a Wii or whatever the "it" is in the future. But let's face it, if you start at the top of the food chain when they're this young, where do you go from there?

This gives us the opportunity to see if it's something that works for us as a family and then go from there. So, we are headed to CVS tomorrow, for the $29.99 sale which includes the AC Adapter. And I won't be feeling bad about a purchase that we truly couldn't afford in our current economic times.

With 40 games to choose from, which is less than $1 a piece, it will take them a very long time to get bored with it, if at all. And if and when that happens, I won't even bother to post it on Craigslist, we'll be very happy to pass it along to another family, who aren't video game jaded yet either.

I would recommend watching the You Tube video with the volume off, so that you can just watch the various samplings of games. I think it's worth noting that you really are getting a very diverse collection of games form Interactive Sports to Classic Style Arcade , and more.

Thanks again.

answered by Guest | 11-27-2009 at 05:01 AM

RMC
RMC, I would say no since the whiteboard actually connects via bluetooth thru the computer and wiimote. I heard the kid say in the video that it has Infared sensors to pick up the remote.

answered by Guest | 11-27-2009 at 05:06 AM

I like to increase the amount of trash I make. I am going to buy 5 then throw them right away because I like to make my carbon footprint as large as I can. LOL

answered by Guest | 11-27-2009 at 08:08 PM

Hmm
Is it worth getting? I think the reviews are some help, but with everything, there are bad reviews, and good reviews. I would like to take this one to use at a different house, that we visit often. I have a Wii, but I'm scared that if I take it to that house, it might get stolen or broken somehow (you never know about the neighbors). We're really not hardcore gamers, we just look for boredom busters. But, we thought about the new Mario game for Wii. I would love to get both, but I'm a little broke. I can only afford one right now. So, is it worth it?

answered by Guest | 11-28-2009 at 12:24 AM

Unfortunately, CVS is advertising it as a great deal at 39.99. I guess the real great deal was over a month ago.

answered by Guest | 11-29-2009 at 05:48 AM

ok, my mum just bought this "ZONE 40" and who cared if it sucks, if its £20 then do all of you think it will be amazing? £20 i say no! if you like arcade games then this a console you will be happy with! all of you can bag on it but ill say it again £20!!!

answered by Guest | 11-29-2009 at 01:24 PM

Just bought it for myself--a 48 year old woman who has been eyeing the Wii fitness for a year but just couldn't rationalize the cost. I was hoping my son would want one, but he's decided to put his money into an xbox. I just bought the console for $29.99 and the fitness package for $49.99 at cvs and saved an additional $10 by using my cvs card. So out the door with tax for $76, a heck of a lot better than $300 if going the wii route. I'm not as concerned about the graphics but hoping the wireless signals work well. And my son is looking forward to playing some of the games with me! But I have to wait until Christmas to set it up and see how it really looks, but I've got 60 days to return it. Assuming it's decent graphics and works I think it's a great deal. I'm even going to challenge my dad to game of ping pong!

answered by Guest | 11-29-2009 at 09:13 PM

i just got the zone 40 its on the home page and showing a steady right light. I am holding the remote in a vertial postion and getting no response from the system. I just but bard new battersd from cvs can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong thanks.

answered by matt1111 | 11-29-2009 at 10:36 PM

Zone 40 Wireless Gaming System
I just purchased the Zone 40 Wireless Gaming system this past Saturday 11/28/2009 for a 6 year old. I understand that it is not the Wii Gaming System but for the price and for the age of the child, I think this is a pretty good deal. I would agree with some of the other people who say this is not for HARD CORE GAMERS. For the price and the audience (5+ years), this is a great buy. ENJOY!!!!!

answered by Guest | 11-30-2009 at 01:55 PM

Take it back
You are doing nothing wrong! It is faulty! Take it back and get a new one to enjoy hours of gaming goodness!

answered by Guest | 11-30-2009 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I bought the Zone 40 wireless game console in the UK and it's utter rubbish. I don't know if the games are the same as the ones they are selling in the US but it's a load of crap. I expected it to be bad at the price, but it was only for my son to use and he's not very good at NOT breaking things. Straight out of the box and the picture was crap, the games are distorted and are so slow you give up after five seconds, the motion sensors don't pick up every movement so you lose every game anyway. Plus it's all in black and white, but is advertised on the box as being in colour. I'm pretty p***ed off about it. It's not worth a penny.
I reckon you should get a refund.

answered by Guest | 12-01-2009 at 12:01 AM

Bloody hell its a game end of.....cant people read when it says 5+. My mom has just bought my daughter (3yrs old) one for christmas i think its a great deal and a great starter.....things get broken so whats the point in buy top class for young children best to start from the bottom them work up. A ps3 is £200+ and the games can be £40 if you got the money then fair enough but most people with a sensible head wil realise £20-£25 is a GREAT BARGAIN to get young children. All the people moanin your all expecting more for less. And being tight its £20-£25 so what does it matter if the games are old?? Id rather have my daughter grow up on old CLASSICS than all the hardcore games now!! You get your money worth and thats it. Dont expect anything more

answered by Guest | 12-01-2009 at 08:38 PM

its cheap!!!
i am going buy one for my 2 yr son today. he turns 3 in april. i think he is gonna love it. i think its a great buy for the price. my son enjoys playing the ps3 and the wii. cvs has it on sale this week for $29.99 awesome

answered by hancocks | 12-04-2009 at 05:33 PM

My son wanted it - I just bought it.
My son saw this in a sale paper in Alabama and wanted back the week of Thanksgiving. After doing a little research on it, I decided to get it for him. We're an old-school family and he is an old-school kid. We have the Original Nintendo w/ working games, a Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, PS3, XBOX 360, Nintendo DS, and PSP in the house - all of which are used from time to time. The funny thing is, we always come back to the old school games.

My son saved money he got for his birthday and waited until the perfect thing came along and for him this was it. He just turned 12 and wanted it as soon as he saw it. He'll die tonight when I bring it home for him! For the price, if it breaks, I'll just get him another. He'll be happy and satisfied and he'll have his own game system in his room to play with.

I can't wait to see how it looks. Unfortunately, the CVS where I got it didn't have any additional power cords, so I am going to go by another with my receipt to see if they have anymore. If not, I'll just go to Radio Shack and get him one.

As others have posted it's $30 - $40 for a game system with 40 pre-loaded games. Of course it's not going to have 3D real life graphics and anyone who expects that it would is insane. This was made for folks who can't afford the pricey systems and enjoy the old school games. I'm sure tha my son will be calling me into his room tonight so that we can play the Tetris clone and I'll be more than happy to do it because it will be fun for him.

If you have to complain about they system, just take it back for a refund or better yet, just don't buy it!

answered by Sandy Coils | 12-04-2009 at 07:41 PM

My boyfriend and I recently purchased the zone 40 at CVS for $29.00, used the CVS card AND received a free adapter...so the cost was awesome walking out of the store! Having played it for the last three days, checking out the different games, here is our opinion:
1. Cant beat the price.
2. If you arent expecting a wii or xbox you will love it!
3. It is great entertainment for some challenging fun and definitely enough games so that there are some everyone will like. I love the tennis!

Bottom line...it is a low-priced game for everyone to enjoy...not a rip-off in my opinion. Just dont buy it because of the low price thinking you are getting something that has a much higher price tag and quality.

answered by AllAboutFun | 12-04-2009 at 07:50 PM

games list
Quote:
What are the 40 games? Is there a list somewhere?
yeah theres a list on wiki answers golf, bowling,baseball,tennis,fishing,competive fencing...

answered by Guest | 12-04-2009 at 10:27 PM

Zone 40 Wireless Gaming System.
I just putchased this gaming system for myself. Is it worth buying? That depends who you're buying it for. The graphics are good to near-excellent for a 16-bit gaming system. Similar to a Super NES or NES (on a few games). The music is great on most games. The controls are quick and responsive. many of the games are unique and interesting. But if you aren't a 10 year-old child, you're likely to get bored with it in within a few days. The gameplay just isn't that exciting.
I've been playing video games since the 70's, and have owned many systems over the years. If you're really interested in a Wii, then you should consider getting one. Don't throw your money away on this system, because you will be disappointed. If you can't afford a Wii, get a Oui Oui (LOL)! Sorry, just kidding. But seriously, if you cannot afford a Wii, the try to find a Senario vsMAXX 50 in 1 Console. It's nothing like a Wii (more like a gamepad with A/V cables attached).
IBut it's a hell of a lot of fun (much more so than a Zone 40), and it has 50 games instead of 40). Not only that, but it costs much less. Good luck!

answered by Guest | 12-05-2009 at 04:38 PM

What is the best age grpup for this , would it work for a 16 , 14 , and a 12 year old ?

answered by Guest | 12-06-2009 at 09:56 PM

Zone 40 Wireless Gaming System
It seems that in this day and age their is always critics about something that was bought cheap. But think about it. Most buy a cell phone for $200 and a week later when a new one comes out they put it down and buy a $400 one even though the $200 one was good. This is the mater with Zone 40. I just bought it and it fine for me and everyone that has used it has no complaints. If you have the money to spend of the Wii then go on you but the Zoen 40 is good enough. If something came along that they say is better than the Wii within a week or two probably would give it up and pay over $400 the the new Game especially if you are a fanatic of games. I will stick with the $40.00 Zone 40

answered by John | 12-07-2009 at 12:46 AM

they're on sale at CVS for 29.99 this week . I have the Wii and the kids don't even play it . They got excited at the begining and then they gave up ( 8 and 12 ) . The Wii is too advanced for 5+ so this is probably a good game to keep younger kids entertained for a while .

answered by Guest | 12-10-2009 at 03:15 PM

Anyone having problems w/ Zone 40?
I just pulled the system out of the box, connected all the cables, installed batteries in the controllers and console....but it isn't working. When I turn the system on, it starts me off at the Main Menu but won't let me select a game by moving left and right. The only button that works on the controller #1 is the Reset button. Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

answered by Guest | 12-12-2009 at 02:47 AM

Quote:
I am building an interactive whiteboard system using Wii remotes. Does anyone know if these Zone 40 remotes are compatible with a real Wii console. [I don't care how crappy the Zone 40 console is or isn't. If the remotes are compatible, then its worth getting one.]

Thanks.

RMC
Hey RMC
Is Zone 40 remote compatible with Wii?
Have you found find anything about this?

answered by Guest | 12-15-2009 at 10:32 PM

I can afford this
I have a neighbor who recently purchased a Wii. I asked him "how much is the doggie in the window?" He said I spent around $450.00 buying the whole enchilada. He didn't have anything to eat for about a week and got behind on his bills.... BUT HE HAD A WII. !!., with only ONE game....WOO HOO!!. Like John previously mentioned, people spend $200.00 on a new gadget. Next week the latest but not necessarily the greatest comes along and they leave that and get the new $400.00 gadget. If you are Bill Gates, that's fine and dandy, but I am not. I purchased the Zone 40 and could not be happier!! Even my neighbor has a blast on it. Mine works just fine and I think i'll get a little brother and sister for it. If you have $300.00 - $400.00 to dish out on a Wii, GREAT!! if not, have a blast of the past and you can make alot of people happy with this at this price. And you can even buy you and your loved ones a good dinner with the money you saved !

answered by Guest | 12-23-2009 at 10:50 PM

Just got zone 40 for Christmas!
I'm 62 years old and love playing pc games and miss the old Nintendo/Sega games. The wii and all those new games are too expensive for me and when I told my son about it he said he would check it out for me. Well....I just unwrapped it and we played it for hours. Yeah, it's cheap but it's lots of fun for any age as far as I'm concerned. My son always wants to get me something "fun" for Christmas and this is THE most fun Christmas gift I have received since I was a kid! It's well worth the $30 he payed for it. It's simple to set up. People who can afford to buy a wii or whatever those new game systems are are very lucky to have all that money to waste on a game.

answered by Guest | 12-25-2009 at 04:13 AM

Does anyone know where to get an adapter for the zone 40?? Please help me find an adapter for my zone 40.

answered by Guest | 12-25-2009 at 07:15 PM

Zone 40 is the worst gaming console ever. I feel like technology regressed with this one. My Uncle showed it to me while I was visiting for the holidays. He wanted me to play with him because he knew that I had a wii. He showed me how to play ping pong, fishing, and bowling. I tried attempting everything once and was so irritated and bored with the game that I wanted to walk away.
The games look like they came from super nintendo or sega genesis, the music sounds pretty cheap as well, the graphics look two-dimensional.
I played bowling and after pressing the button and swinging my arm, it honestly was about a 5 second delay before the ball gets thrown. I swear I probably could have done it just as well by just holding the button and not even swinging my arm.
Ping pong was horrible as well, it really doesn't seem to catch the motions like the wii is able to do (probably due to the fact that there is no sensor bar). Fishing was absolute garbage as we couldn't figure out how to even bring the fishing line out.
Bottom line, you get what you pay for, but if you want that quality of graphics, go to a gaming store and buy an old used gaming console, you'd probably get a lot more fun and enjoyment out of it. If you want something like the wii, buy the wii, it's better than wasting 30 dollars on a cheap piece of garbage, when you could save it towards buying an actual quality gaming console. At least the wii is realistic, if it was not my game, I would have thrown that thing out, perhaps into the middle of the street, and hoping the snowplow would get it. I can't believe anyone made this game and thought that people would actually buy this and like this, people are nuts!

answered by Guest | 12-26-2009 at 05:40 PM

Working out with zone 40
Has anyone every worked out with the zone 40? I was thinking of purchasing the zone 40 and the extreme fit mat. Just wanted some feedback to working out with it. My brother has a Wii and it is cool but to expensive for my taste. Are there additional workout dvd's you can purchase to go with this??? Help in Wisconsin

answered by Help in Wisconsin | 12-27-2009 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know where to get an adapter for the zone 40?? Please help me find an adapter for my zone 40.
I got an adapter (packaged separatley) for this at CVS when I bought the system.

answered by Guest | 12-27-2009 at 11:05 PM

CVS sells the adapter

answered by Guest | 12-27-2009 at 11:07 PM

My sisters and I got a Zone 40 as a family Christmas present. I had seen them before in CVS.

I already have a Wii at my mom's house, so my first thought was that this was just a knockoff. That thought has yet to go away, but I appreciate the concept of wireless, motion-tracking controllers for what seem to be clones of Commodore 64 / Atari / etc. games.

First thing I noticed when setting it up (I'm usually the one setting up electronics for the family) was that mine didn't include the 9-volt power supply required, nor did it include the 6 AAA batteries required for both the controllers. We happened to have a "universal" power supply with adjustable voltages and interchangeable plugs, and my dad bought several packs of batteries for the controllers.

My little sisters have been playing it all day today. They are 9 and 13. The younger of the two seems to really enjoy it. And, to be honest, I'm enjoying some of the games, too (I'm a 17-year-old male).

I wish it included more games, but I'm sure there's a way to hack the system to do just that. Being in an extremely low price range, if it breaks due to modding, there's no warranty to be voided, and a new one (hopefully with a power supply this time) isn't too hard to come by. A low budget consumer system would likely not include any security measures to prevent homebrew software from running on it, since there are no big video game companies whose copyrights are being violated.

In short, it's a poor knock-off of the Wii, but for $30, it's certainly not bad at all, and once people actually bother to hack the thing and put their own software on it, the Zone 40 might actually be worthwhile.

answered by Northrup (Guest) | 12-28-2009 at 01:08 AM

Quote:
I got my adapter for free when i purchased the game at CVS. it is a tek power AC Adaptor by Symtek and is "compatible with Wireless gaming systems".

The back of it says:
Works with devices that require 9VDC, 350mA

Features:
Input voltage 120VAC
input frequency 60Hz
Output voltage: 9VDC
Output current: 350mA
cord length: 1M
100% tested and approved.

there is nothing about the amps tho on the box that I can find.

Looks like they are around $10 online.

Hopes this helps!

answered by Guestalso | 12-28-2009 at 04:10 AM

problesm
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1111 View Post
i just got the zone 40 its on the home page and showing a steady right light. I am holding the remote in a vertial postion and getting no response from the system. I just but bard new battersd from cvs can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong thanks.
I am having problems connecting the thing as well, good batteries in the remotes but no response! can't find anywhere to give advice or help

answered by Guest | 12-29-2009 at 08:25 PM

It actully is so bad!
My cousin just got it for Christmas and she said the graphics are bad so get the Wii like I did and she'll return the Zone 40 for it.

answered by Guest | 12-30-2009 at 01:31 AM

Fun, Fun, FUN
My boyfriend bought it for me for Xmas. I wanted a Wii but I am happy to get anything. He hooked it up and we played for hours. Lot's of fun; we competed with each other and I beat him in Tennis. For the price; your right - You cannot beat this. Nintendo and all the rest cost major bucks and for the price of $30 to $40 dollars you cannot beat this. You can have fun, get your exercise on and walk away with a sense of enjoyment. Stop the madness & hate. With our economy in financial crisis; I can see the makers of this making more products like it in the same price line. It's totally a great buy!

answered by Guest Girl | 12-30-2009 at 10:35 PM

Worked for me
Bought this after seeing it before XMAS. Got it XMAS eve and I will say it was a fun way to spend the night..we are a family of 4 and Wii does not make sense for us we are on the go all the time....Mom dad and 8th grader and college freshman enjoyed this and it was good for a few laughs...I love the tennis and ping pong..I am sure the Wii is far superior but for me this was just right....

answered by Guest | 01-04-2010 at 02:41 AM

Wow, really?
This does not have motion controls. Nowhere on the box does it even say that. But CVS will advertise it as such anyway, with a child holding a controller up in the air like it's a tennis racket and he's about to serve (while photoshopped in front a the 15-inch LCD tv that they sell, which they make look huge). This is a huge ripoff, even for only $40.

answered by Guest | 01-10-2010 at 09:02 AM

Yuk
Bought one at CVS yesterday; it "worked" for about 5 minutes, attempted to play tennis, and now the controller has no response. Time to take it back.

answered by Guest | 01-18-2010 at 07:56 PM

There's nothing wrong with this system
It seems all the people crying GT A WII are the average, gotta have the big name in electronics fad people that cause new things to come out every 2 years.
The Zone 40 offers some great games and the graphics are sufficient.
Of course it's not a 360, ps3, or wii, it's a Zone 40.
Unless you feel you need to keep up with the Jones to be able to enjoy a video gaming console, then go by all these overpriced brand names. If you cannot afford any of them, then get a Zone 40.

answered by Guest | 01-23-2010 at 11:01 PM

CVS has the power adapter for $5
Right now in Illinois CVS stores the power adapter is only $5 unless you buy the system, then you get it free.

answered by Guest | 01-23-2010 at 11:02 PM

got this game for grand kids they have a wii at home this game is rubbish but what do you expect for the price then you have to buy 4 aa batteries & 6 aaa batteries may as well buy a wii much better value for money.

answered by shaza | 01-24-2010 at 01:26 AM

Quote:
Maybe it's your television that needs updated. It's definitely in color although I do have to agree it is rubbish. I got it for the sale price in Morrison's of 10.00 so I will not beat myself up about it.

answered by Guest | 01-27-2010 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONE 40 yo View Post
all of the post above that are discin the zone 40 are ignorant. if u dont like it, dont keep it, but it is for younger children, or simply those who just cannot afford a wii. and yes, it is a wii "knock off," and for a good reason. if it wasnt a knock off then it wouldnt be cheap. they made a knock off so that people who have children who want a wii and cant afford $250 for one, can get them a look alike and make their kids happy and who cares that its a knock off. they arent trying to be mr copy cat and be cool or what ever yall seem to think with this knock off, they are trying to give those who cannot afford a wii a chance. any way its gettin close to xmas and i do plan on gettin my lil brother one as a gift, and as a child, since thats what it is for he wont care about the "graffics" or how "cheap" it looks, he will enjoy it, and i believe i will too!
Sounds like someone is trying to convince themselves that they made a good purchase

answered by Guest | 02-02-2010 at 05:44 AM

Quote:
I am curious about the specs and whether or not there is a possible future for this system. I saw the console at CVS. The price is that of a game I just bought for the XBOX 360. The console ships with 40 games. With some modification could this console have a future?
I'd like some answers on this as well. I have some extra computer parts laying around. If I opened it up, replaced some parts, and managed to replace the OS (by far the most difficult part), could this be good as a cheap, low-end computer? (I'd be putting a Linux distro on it)

answered by Guest | 02-04-2010 at 03:42 AM

Piece of crap
Hey guys,the Zone 40 is utter rubbish. It has been pretty popular but search on Google or YouTube
and search Zone 40 and click on Zone 40 Wii Ripoff review (which is by tweeterman287). Watch it and you will get my point. Got it!

answered by Guest | 02-11-2010 at 07:21 PM

U Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by yallarestupid View Post
Stop complaining about 40 bucks.
Think about it..40 games comes built in. Does the wii have 40 built in games? Only wii sports come free with tennis, baseball, bowling,golf, and boxing. your looking at paying about 30-50 bucks a game. this is a great deal. Dont knock it, til you try it. I am a Nintendo lover myself. I still have my Super Nintendo with 30+ games. Iím willing to give the system a chance. It is only 40 bucks, if your complaining about 40 bucks and 40 games built in, than there is something seriously wrong with you. I own 5 systems. It keeps all my guests entertained, especially with my 3 47inch hd tvís.
And something wrong with me? There is something wrong with you and your brain and guests.

answered by Guest | 02-11-2010 at 07:26 PM

I'm on a budget. Wanted to get a wireless gaming system and didn't want to pay a couple hundred for the Wii. I found the Zone40 at CVS, and thought I'd give it a try. At first I thought it was lame, but for someone like myself who's not very much into video gaming, it's cheesy but fun. I found an ac adapter that works really good for only 5 bucks. I'm hoping they will come out with a knockout of the Wii fit, as I think that might be a good idea. It's not about the latest and greatest, it's about decent entertainment. For the 30 bucks I spent, the Zone40 is worth it.

answered by Guest | 03-07-2010 at 07:22 PM

As much fun as free flash games.
I own an Xbox 360, PS3 and a Wii plus a gaming computer. The Wii was for my kid and she loves it. The rest was for me.

Anyways, I've been gaming since the NES, so the "Zone 40" is almost like a blast to the past. Or at least, a blast to 1994.

The "Zone 40" is basically ripping off Nintendo Wii's success or known features like the "wireless controllers". They're hoping people will think "Wii" when they see the cheaper "Zone 40" console. Especially the older crowd who's looking for a game for the kids during the holiday seasons or birthdays.

The Zone 40 isn't a bad system. It's probably "one of the best" if you know what you're buying. It's no "Next Generation" console, but it fills the bill of a cheap entertainment device nicely. For example, what would be great in your RV during a road trip? A Zone 40 that's what.

The graphics are straight from the Super Nintendo, at least it looks like it. While some of it is a little bit more polished then the SNES, you do get that "old school" feeling. Which isn't bad.

The music and sound effects sound like they're coming from a mid 2000's polyphonic capable cell phone, but it adds to the charm of the system. It's a breeze to set up, just put in the batteries and plug in the A/V cables.

Just don't promise your kids a Wii and get them a Zone 40, they'll never forgive you. But all in all, it's a decent little "rip off" console which does a nice job of providing a fun few minutes of casual gaming. You could do A LOT worse!

If you're not keen on getting a console, basically the same games can be found online through "flash games".

Anyways, thanks for reading!

Total Zone 40 score, 8/10 for a "rip off" console.

answered by Duncan | 03-21-2010 at 01:13 PM

I'm sorry to say it, but the Zone 40 is not worth 40 dollars. If you find it for 10-12 dollars I might say "buy it", but not much more than that. If you're going to spend 40 dollars on a gaming console, and don't want to go higher than that, look for another alternative one or, which I would prefer, buy an older console second hand. You can probably find a Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, PS1 or something like that for approximately the same price. You probably wont get as many games, but the ones that you get will be more worth the money.

answered by Guest | 04-16-2010 at 07:15 PM

To the people asking if the controllers of the Zone 40 is compatible with the Wii: No, they are not. They use completely different technology, and fact is that "motion sensoring" is true only in a sense with the Zone 40 console. Wii uses a technology that track your motions, which allows you to control things on the screen, while the Zone 40 use infra-red technology that merely detect IF you are moving or not. Movement is then interpreted as if the A-button is being pressed, so you might as well just press the button.

It's true that the console comes with 40 games included, but you get tired of them so fast that they might as well have been four or five. The graphics look odd, in some cases much worse than the graphics of the Super Nintendo (released in 1991), the sound quickly gets annoying and the games just aren't that fun.
As a comparison, I bought AtGames Portable Mega Drive console for 400 SKr (50-55 dollars), which you can both play as a Game Boy and connect to the TV, which comes with 20 games. Yes, the games are fewer, but they are well made and genuinely fun. Zone 40 I grew tired of after less than two days, but this I have owned for over three months and still find worth the money.
Another comparison is the MegaJoy (I have the MegaJoy III) which comes with about 70 games and cost about 30 or 40 dollars (I'm not really sure). If you're going to buy a cheap console then buy something similar to these, because they are WAY more worth the money.

answered by Guest | 04-16-2010 at 08:04 PM

stop moaning
stop telling people how to spend their money just because you don't have fun with the game doesn't mean we want so if u are gonna say stuff like that don't comment at all!

answered by Guest | 04-23-2010 at 07:53 PM

I bought this system today at CVS for 19.99. I know and understand that the graphics and technology isn't comparable to today's 300 video game consoles. But what do you expect for what you pay for. The games do remind me of the 80's and 90 games I played growing up and that's not a bad thing. Its enjoyable and Fun. Inexpensive with hours of enjoyment with the family. I can forgive the occasional image flaws and It has plenty of games preloaded, 40 to be exact. They now make a smaller version for travel and portability for about 25.00. I went expecting to pay 40 bucks and was exited to find out it was on sale for 50% off. So down the road if it doesn't last I know it was only a 20 dollar investment.

answered by Guest | 05-15-2010 at 06:10 AM

GUNS AND ZONE 40
If you think this **** is RAD, buy a gun for cheap... you know the rest.

answered by Gothchick6969@myspace.com | 05-22-2010 at 06:24 AM

Looks like there's another Action 52
Anybody who has played Action 52 knows what I'm talking about.

And yes, I own one of these hunks of garbage. It was for my 6-yr-old sister, but she hates it.

answered by Guest | 05-24-2010 at 05:44 AM

ZONE40
I just got one have not played it as yet, but i got it at CVS for 10 bucks

answered by Guest | 07-29-2010 at 05:11 AM

Zone 40--Great Deal
I bought 4 of these units at CVS for $9.99 each, two weeks ago. They are worth every penny- I have keep one and gave the other 3 away as gifts.

answered by Ron P | 09-22-2010 at 03:45 PM

Recommend you do not buy
The first thing I should say is that quite a few of the "Guests" and other users advocating the Zone 40 are likely plants that are paid to praise it on various sites. I have seen many of these comments on other places, some almost word for word, so it's something to keep in mind.

That said, if you can't afford the Wii... don't buy the Zone 40 as a replacement if it's intended for your kids. It'll crush their spirits. Instead, use that $40 on a few books, magazines, clothes, DVD's of their favorite movies or shows... just basically something ELSE instead of a poorly made knockoff that will only end up frustrating your kids for the most part.

If it absolutely HAS to be a game system, go back to the previous generation. A pre-owned Nintendo Gamecube from a store like GameStop can cost as low as $30-$40 and most used games sell for $15-$20. Pick up Mario Kart, or Smash Brothers Melee. Yeah, it's still not a Wii, yeah, they'll still be a bit disappointed, and you have to spend just a few dollars more, but at least it's a genuine Nintendo product with well designed and still very beautiful looking games that your kid can enjoy.

answered by Guest | 10-07-2010 at 09:25 PM

STOP WHINING!!!!
Its like $30 now or $10 at some places. if it is even half as good as a super-nintendo or sega genesis then it is worth it. i cant stand people that would compare this to a wii or xbox or ps3.....I'm sure there are a million kids in 3rd world countries who would literally chop thier foot off for one of these (assume they have electricity and tv) different strokes for different folks. And for anyone who bought it with great expectations......here is a life lesson: you get what you pay for.

answered by Guest | 10-16-2010 at 01:12 PM

Good for deranged fun
Wipe your arse with it. NOT!!! This crap belongs up my hole. Only an idiot or a person who was paid to praise it I.e. anyone who praises it would buy it.

answered by 70m j0n3z n1gg3r | 11-07-2010 at 04:45 PM

This thing looks SWEET!!!! I can't wait to go pay $30 and be able to experience the thrill of online gaming, top of the line graphics, epic titles like Little Big Planet, God of War, Fallout, etc etc. Plus, it plays blu-ray discs, has Netflix and I can surf the web!!............What?? What do you mean " it doesn't do any of that " ? .......it's $30 cmon it has to be good for that price.....What's that? I described the PS3? But I already own one of those.....Oh well 30 bucks will get me a decent used game for PS3.....Maybe I'll go check out bioshock 2.....

answered by Guest | 11-10-2010 at 07:18 PM

Not worth $30 - or more
You are so wrong. My child is 9 and we thought this would be great, since we have had little to no exposure to gaming systems, except for the cheap, handheld games.

WE CAN'T BEAR HOW PATHETIC AND BORING this system is. The remotes don't work properly, the player(s) really have NO Control over the game, it basically does what it wants to and forces the player(s) to lose nearly every game. We hoped this would help our child to keep interested while learning something.....but this system is such a boring DUD - it should pulled from the shelves!

What a useless waste of time and money!
Fact is: we do have a life, have seldom bothered with gaming because we felt it to be a waste of valuable time, money and energy. we just can't be bothered with such pathetic rubbish! It's not worth the packaging in came in!

Go outside people, go sledding, go skating, go for a walk...but take this thing back to the store - if you can and use your money for some real-time, fun family outings.

answered by Guest | 01-02-2011 at 03:31 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.