I have no idea if any more information exists about her or her family but leave the lady alone and respect her privacy because it is apparent that is the way she wants it.

answered by Guest | 08-23-2010 at 05:23 AM

makes perfect sense
If you have had money, you know. i have had millions, not hundreds of millions, you understand that you will rarely get "authentic"behavior from those around you. and those that dont want your money, usually dont want to be around you because most people with money want to compete and compare and want to use it to control others.
so, one day you realize most of your world has been made up of unauthentic behavior, even from those very close to you...i.e. the grandkids who prefer to visit the rich grandparents rather than the poor ones.... its much more exotic to say you spent the weekend at an estate than in some motor lodge at the shore..
so, one starts to pull in, and surround themselves with the workers, the people you see everyday, and yet there are still the few.. the shoe always drops..."ah, I have a sick brother, could you?" ... it sounds selfish but day after day the requests come until finally you just want peace.
best to live "under your means" simply, put the money away, help those who you have observed for awhile and know they really need it then do it without them or anyone knowing its you. Hugette's story totally makes sense, only instead of dolls, she should have dogs, all the love one needs, live out her days at the beautiful beach home with many dogs to love and read books and watch TV and joke and laugh with the help and be very selective who gets into your life. perfect life.

answered by d.j | 08-24-2010 at 02:08 AM

Huguette has never had any children. She only has distant cousins. That's why its so easy for them to keep her location and condition a secret, nobody to check on her.

answered by Guest | 08-24-2010 at 01:38 PM

Updates
It has now become clear, according to news reports, that this woman has been squirreled away by her lawyer and her accountant (a convicted felon) who have sold her artwork, her valuables, to some extent, and are trying to sell one of her estates, apparently for their own benefit. I still believe they persuaded her, in what I'm sure are her vulnerable years, to sign everything over to them. Had she been lucid, I would guess she wanted to benefit institutions of worth. Under present circumstances, two guys are going to profit and she will die none the wiser.

Fortunately, the law is now stepping in to demand an accounting from these men. I hope the authorities are successful, sooner rather than later.

To those who have posted that the only motive for anyone's interest is some ridiculous notion of cultivating a friendship and cashing in or importuning for money via some communication, I have to shake my head in disbelief at the utter cynicism of that notion.

Some people are actually interested in seeing that a very old and probably malleable woman is not robbed of the amazing history she has been part of, and the priceless--far surpassing mere monetary value-- possessions she has accrued. I don't believe for a moment that she is purposely hiding; I believe she is being hidden. I just don't like seeing people who are helpless being taken shameful advantage of by avaricious, uncaring swindlers, which is what the actions of these men suggest.

answered by Guest | 08-26-2010 at 10:30 PM

104 year old rescluse
does anyone know when hughette clark's birthday is? I'm very interested in her story.

answered by Guest | 08-27-2010 at 04:46 AM

You guessed it ...
... looks like a couple of Jewish sharks got hold of her (Bock and Kramsler) and have been ripping her off.

Not a very good idea for rich WASPs to live in NYC.

answered by Guest | 08-27-2010 at 12:55 PM

A greedy, selfish, spoiled "old bag"
UNBELIEVABLE! If this woman is surviving and of sound mind, she makes me sick! Just think what her "rotting" money could do to help alleviate human hardship and suffering. People like that are the worst kind of hierarchical stench. Can you imagine when she stands before God someday and he looks at her and just says "WHY?" I hope she gets a wake-up call and sells all her material wealth to charity and sews up the pockets of the shrewd legal leaches before her soon departure arrives!

answered by Guest | 09-01-2010 at 07:21 AM

Does anyone know to whom it was she was married in that picture they show of her in Reno following her "Divorce" at age 30?

answered by Jenelle | 09-01-2010 at 11:19 PM

Jenelle, she was married to William M. Gower.
this is a really fascinating story! I hope she is well.
it makes me sad to read about her.
and to the one who thinks of her as a 'greedy, selfish, spoiled "old bag" ',
have you no respect? Maybe she is planning on leaving her wealth to charity and good causes.
you have no idea. You should be ashamed for saying such things.
I hope you get a wake-up call, and learn some respect.

answered by Dominique | 09-02-2010 at 03:03 AM

not poor would want a peice of her riches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Sounds like people only want to find out where she is just to nag her about money etc. Why don't you just say what you think instead of beating around the bush. Here is how you be truthful....Mrs. Clark I am married and have one daughter. I struggle from day to day to make it I wondering if you could give me 1 million of your 500 billion dollars that you own. If you lived like we do you would possibly give 2million. Just be honest people that is all you want from her. TN poor man in search of Mrs. Clark's lawyer!!!! Considering that is the only way you can get in touch with her. I know how you can get a message to her!
I'm poor and earn what little i have all on my own. i'd love to sit and hear all the stories of the past that she experienced like who she's met and what they were like, what the club scene was like in the late 1920's and 1930's, talk fashion of now and back then, god that would be so worth much more than any amount of money. I'd be the richest man on the planet just by having a earful of what her life was.

answered by Guest | 09-02-2010 at 10:55 PM

The wiki article is under William A. Clark

answered by Guest | 09-04-2010 at 01:15 AM

How interesting, so many are curious about what life was like years ago. The times, fashion, music etc. It's amazing that we have a country full of elderly people that don't have enough food to eat, can't buy their medication, and loose their homes because they can't afford to pay their taxes. Thousands of elderly people sit alone every day , spend time with your elderly neighbors. Most aren't wealthy, but they are part of a rich American history.

answered by Guest | 09-06-2010 at 05:37 AM

Sad
I find this story intriguing but because it's so sad. There is a reason that she dropped out of society. Sounds like a lot of heartbreak. Losing her sister at such a young age, the only person in the world who could relate to her and their position. Obviously she never found a partner, not a lasting partner. Lonely is lonely regardless of the size of your house. I hope this story continues so maybe she can be united with her family before she's gone. They have to be better than the crooks in her life now.

answered by Guest Cee | 09-09-2010 at 04:18 AM

Does any one know what Donald Trump thinks of all this?

answered by Guest | 09-10-2010 at 03:53 AM

To me, it sounds like Ms Clark has been well cared for and any bonuses or payment she has bestowed on her employees is her choice or even theirs but they seem to have done their jobs well. Her real estate assets haven't been sold off, split up, torn down or misused. I would love to see a documentary on her family and her residences some day but until then I will dream. Advanced age isn't the best for many people but there are many wonderful caregivers out there and I bet some her employees adore her.

answered by Guest | 09-11-2010 at 12:50 AM

The House on the Hill
Here is another interesting article on the Clarks' mansion in Santa Barabara:

http://sbmag.com/2010/08/the-house-on-the-hill/#

answered by Guest | 09-11-2010 at 11:08 AM

AMAZING
Who wouldn't want to travel back in time. It's like looking at things in your grandmother's attic. Amazing stories, memories, and history. I agree, we have many folks in home's that would love the company as well as share stories.
However her's in particular is very curious.
I hope that no one is mistreating her and her money goes where she wants it to and not by the hand of others.
I hope too, to hear more about her life, to take us back in time!

answered by angela | 04-09-2011 at 01:52 PM

comment