Joe Stack Hero?

Joe Stack is the guy who crashed his plane onto the IRS building. Some people say he is a hero because he made a point and gave his own life to support it.
Some are calling Joe Stack a terrorist for what he did. One worker died in the crash.
Is Joe Stack a new American Hero? Please read his manifesto, then answer. I know there is no excuse for the atrocity he did and that is not the way to make a point, but still, do you think Joe Stack is a hero or not?

asked by Clutter in Law & Ethics | 1001 views | 02-22-2010 at 10:45 PM

If Joe Stack is an example of American Heroism, then this is a very sad state of affairs.
Joe Stack is no hero, he is scum. He tried to kill his own family and then proceeded to try and kill other people because he has tax problems.
He was a murderer. I don't like the IRS at all either but that doesn't give anyone an excuse to be a psycho. Hating IRS workers is like hating the cops.
A guy who blows himself up with a suicide vest in Afghanistan is not a hero, and a guy who rams his plane into a building in the U.S. is not a hero.

answered by Larry | 02-22-2010 at 10:48 PM

Joe Stack, patriot and hero
First off and for most, his daughter and wife were in a hotel room. He never tried to kill his own family. Now despite the bashing your government controlled media has thrown at stacks manifesto, it was NOT ramblings. It was articulate, intelligent and exactly what millions of North Americans feel. Joe Stack was a hero. Are soldiers who go to a battle field psychos?

You say he had no right 'to be a psycho'. The fact is people are killed every day. Sometimes simply for their political beliefs or more over their governments political beliefs. We call these deaths collateral damage and we move on in the name of the greater good. If 'innocent' IRS workers die in this crusade against tyranny then so be it. They are collateral damage in a war for the greater good.
Joe stack threw the first of what millions hope to be many stones. For that he is a hero.

Joe stack was well educated, and anyone with an open mind who reads his letter will realize what an intelligent brave man he was. There was a time when I thought 'the law is the law' and 'its just how it is', but every day that passes I realize that it isn't how it should be. I am all for the rule of law, but when injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

answered by Guest | 02-23-2010 at 11:56 PM

Stack's actions killed Vernon Hunter, a two-tour veteran of Vietnam, who was working quietly in his office. Stack's actions have no place in a civilized society, and God help you, you are a terrible person to suggest otherwise.

answered by Guest | 02-24-2010 at 07:03 PM

In addition, I fail to find a single iota of sympathy in my heart for a man claiming to have been denied the American Dream as he crashed his half-million dollar aircraft and burned down his quarter-million dollar house.

answered by Guest | 02-24-2010 at 07:05 PM

I suppose Vernon Hunter never killed any men or women quietly working in the fields of Vietnam? Estimates are 3 million Vietnamese civilians were killed during Vernon's honorable tours. My argument is not that Vernon Hunter was a bad person. My argument is people get killed in the name of change everyday. We inflict that 'change' on other societies and cultures daily. We make the choice to rage war and possibly kill innocence when we feel a change is needed, this is what our civilized society does. So is it out of character for us to rage war here? Seems to be a double standard.

answered by Guest | 02-24-2010 at 11:52 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.