Nodar Kumaritišvili Crash Video?

Where can I watch the Nodar Kumaritišvili crash video on the web? Is it even possible to find it?
I searched for Nodar Kumaritišvili on youtube and I got lots of results but every single video has been erased by the Olympics organizers.
I have no idea why they don't want the crash video to be shared. Is it because it is their fault Nodar Kumaritišvili is dead? Are they trying to hide something?

asked by Norm in Other - Sports | 9986 views | 02-15-2010 at 10:28 PM

Yesterday, during televised interviews, the father of Nodar Kumaritišvili, stated that he hasn’t seen the video footage of his son’s last moments and has no intentions of viewing the controversial video.
I don't know why the video is deleted, maybe they don't want everyone to find out how dumb they feel for not putting a wall there and causing the death of a luger.

answered by Benny | 02-15-2010 at 10:40 PM

The reason they took the video down is because Steve Capus, the president of ABC News, and the Olympic board "felt the story had reached a point where it was no longer necessary to show the video when reporting on this tragic story."
I personally agree that they should take it down because it is was a very horrible event that shouldn't have to be re-lived by his family every time they turn on the news. I understand the curiosity of wanting to see it because of all of the buzz, but it's turning into too much of an exploitation.

More information here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/15/steve-capus-instructs-nbc_n_462677.html

answered by Lindsey | 02-16-2010 at 01:39 AM

Even though this horrific accident happened a few days ago, I still can't believe that this really happened. This is a huge mistake on Canada and Vancouver's part because they should have padded the steel posts or built a wall there in the first place. I can't help but think about his family especially his mother. Loosing a son, I think, is one of the hardest things that a mother could ever go through. I express my condolence to his family and loved ones...

answered by Guest | 02-16-2010 at 05:48 PM

RIP
Well, even though he died, he died doing what he was suppose to be doing for a long time (i don't think he enjoyed the sport, i think he forced himself into doing it because it gave him fame, and he was good at it), because well, lets say, a death risk, for going down a "slide" in 90mph and being scared to death, is that fun? no... well he took the risk, and he was in the risk.

But RIP NODAR ^^ no hate.

answered by Guest | 02-16-2010 at 10:23 PM

Nodar Kumaritisvili
He said to his father before he died over his cellphone the the track looked scary a few minutes before it happened

answered by Guest | 02-16-2010 at 10:57 PM

Too Bad ♥ R.I.P.
I think that the Olympics people should have made the wall BEFORE THE CRASH! They knew that this was a danger! Just because the same thing happened 46 years ago, THEY SHOULD HAVE ALREADY KNOWN I MEAN I WOULD KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!
Well Rest In Peace Nodar. All my prayers go out to you and your family! ♥♥♥♥♥♥

answered by Tamina | 02-16-2010 at 11:52 PM

this is tragic. very sad as well. just think about the family... damn. that's all i have to say.

answered by Guest | 02-17-2010 at 02:57 AM

Very sad for this to have happened but it is also a professional sport and obviously he wasn't ready.

answered by Guest | 02-17-2010 at 03:08 AM

i think that this could have been prevented, very easily. they could have installed a padded wall or even pad the post. this could have been easily prevented and i can't believe that this happened in the Olympics. Rip Nodar and long live the sport.

answered by Jonathan | 02-17-2010 at 05:21 AM

Dear "Norm"
The reason they SHOULD take the video down is because this isn't some movie made for entertainment or curiosity!!! This was a human life! someone's beloved son, brother, or friend!!! no one should have to watch a loved one die on TV!!! (much less the rest of the world watch!) I think its horrific that they are showing it everywhere for anyone too see! It's unbelievable to me what kind of world we live in, and my heart goes out to his family and loved ones. This is just sad all the way around... =(

answered by liz | 02-17-2010 at 06:32 AM

wow the video is impressive
rip Nodar Kumaritišvili, this should never happen ever again

answered by Guest | 02-17-2010 at 11:05 PM

Well its not the Olympics fault, he shouldn't have crash in the first place, probably it was a he who did some slight mistake that caused this.

So sad

RIP Nodar Kumaritišvili

answered by Guest | 02-18-2010 at 04:17 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.