Tristan and Isolde Story Ending?

Has anyone seen Tristan and Isolde by Richard Wagner?
The story of Tristan and Isolde became a legend, I believe the story was first released in book form. It was then made into a movie.
I was assigned this movie in school and this is what I should do:

"Explain how this composer reflected various elements found in Late Romantic music and how the music of this composer is unique."

Can you explain a bit to me about Tristan and Isolde's story? Our teacher mentioned we should pay special attention to the story's ending. What's the ending about?

asked by Alice in Movies | 1932 views | 02-11-2010 at 09:00 PM

Tristan and Isolde is one of my favorite movies. I love historical romances and the story in and of itself is just so beautiful. The actor who plays Tristan plays his character so well. The whole time he's parted with Isolde his eyes look so sorrowful and on the verge of tears.

The story of Tristan and Isolde is well told, paced well, and full of thought provoking moments.

Tristan and Isolde is an opera, or music drama, in three acts by Richard Wagner to a German libretto by the composer, based largely on the romance by Gottfried von Straßburg. It was composed between 1856 and 1859 and premiered in Munich on 10 June 1865 with Hans von Bülow conducting.

Tristan is the orphaned son of a Middle Ages Briton warrior; Isolde is a motherless princess of enemy Ireland. Tristan is raised by his late father's dear friend and is mistakenly "buried at sea" following a battle. Isolde and her maid find him washed up on the Irish beach, and secretly nurse him back to health.

This is the ending of Tristan and Isolde:

The movie concludes with a note that Marke became the new 'king' and Isolde disappeared after burying Tristan, her true love.

answered by German | 02-11-2010 at 09:04 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.