Can Soda Cause Cancer, Diabetes?

Can soda cause cancer or diabetes?
I've heard for the longest time that drinking too much soda or even diet soda can lead to various types of cancer and also diabetes, and while this may be true, I'm questioning rather it's just that simple.
In my house we all drink diet soda at launch and dinner, since I was a little boy.
how come some people can drink tons of soda and never develop cancer or diabetes while others do?
i drink mainly coke. I would like to know if it is possible I get cancer in the future. If so, how can I reverse the effect of diet soda in my body?

asked by Nicholas in Diseases & Conditions | 1667 views | 02-09-2010 at 05:23 PM

A recently released study from the University of Minnesota finds that people who drink as few as two soft drinks a week face almost double the risk of cancer.
Diet soda has come under fire amidst criticism that aspartame, the sweetening agent in diet soda, leads to cancer in those who consume it.

Also some studies have found that people who drink lots of diet soda tend to gain weight around their middles and have high blood pressure, which is a precursor to type II diabetes.
Diabetes is a matter of genetics and, in some cases, being overweight. If you have a family history of diabetes, you are at a greater risk of developing the disease yourself. There is no way to predict when you would develop diabetes - it could happen anytime.

The old saying "everything is okay in moderation" is probably the best advice to follow.
Substituting soda for water is much better.

Does soda really cause cancer?

Watch this news story, which throws more light on the carcinogenic content of sodas.

answered by Lilly | 02-09-2010 at 05:28 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.