Japan Earthquake Today?

A strong magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Japan today at the morning. They're saying it was a big Earthquake.

The Japanese Meteorological Agency issued an alert to the area, it was a warning of a tsunami.
What was the magnitude of today's Japan Earthquake? Did people get injured?
So many earthquakes all over the world in 2010.
Do you think this earthquake is the start of a possible tsunami in Japan?

asked by Edward in Geography | 5020 views | 02-07-2010 at 02:56 PM

An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.4 was reported today in Japan, it was in southwestern Ryukyu Islands located next to Japan.
Japanís NHK public broadcaster issued a warning of a possible 50 centimeter (20 inch) tsunami in the southwestern Ryukyus.

There are no immediate reports of damage or casualties following the strong earthquake.
Japan's Meteorological Agency says the earthquake hit shortly after 3 p.m. local time. The quake was also felt in Taiwan, about 155 miles to the east. Residents in Taipei could feel buildings shake.

You are right about 2010 but earthquakes are not uncommon in Asia, with Japan being reported as one of the most earthquake prone areas of the world. Around 20 per cent of the world's most powerful earthquakes strike Japan, which, like Taiwan, lies near the junction of two tectonic plates.

answered by Ferb | 02-07-2010 at 02:59 PM

Earthquake
I am most devastated about the Haite Earthquake I cried when I heard about it!

answered by Guest | 03-16-2010 at 06:52 PM

French Fries
I love McDonalds FRENCH FRIES they are so good i was eating french fries when i heard about the Haiti Earthquake and the french fries flew out of my mouth and i started to cry

answered by Teddy Bear | 03-16-2010 at 06:56 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.