Fixed: Is The Superbowl Rigged?

It seems the refs every year want some team to win. This happened in the 02 super bowl with the patriots.
Do you think the Saints will rig the Super Bowl this year?
They've got two weeks to figure it out. Maybe they'll just play the refs and fix the balls again?

Do u think the Superbowl was rigged in previous years and that they are going to fix it this year too?
Why is the super bowl rigged?

I'm done watching football.

asked by Boom in Other - Sports | 6539 views | 02-04-2010 at 08:11 PM

YES the super bowl just like the NBA finals and World Series is rigged the refs are given a team and they have to one side with that team.
My guess is they will try to hurt Peyton Manning. It is their only option. The refs may not be able to make enough bad calls to rig the game like the NFC championship, since Manning will probably score too much.
No point in watching a rigged "sport". They should have instant replays for penalty calls, but that will never happen otherwise it is much harder to pre-determine the winner of the game
All I can say is, how can anyone watch a game that has become so tainted? Don't know why I watched as many games as I did in the recent months/years.

I feel strongly that the super bowl is fixed.
Sports betting is estimated to be worth 600 billion per year at least, therefore there is huge incentive to influence outcomes, but mainly to do with point spread and over/under, not usually creating upsets.

answered by Walter | 02-04-2010 at 08:15 PM

it was rigged!!!!!
this is bull, honestly how did the saints win, they were a wild card team they barely got in to the super bowl and they dominated the colts 31, 17.
how do you think they managed that and all threw out the game the reffs didn't call anything all the holdings interference and that newish onside kick it was rigged!

answered by dakota | 02-08-2010 at 01:11 PM

Where there is money there is corruption. The league wanted the saints to win for several reasons.

answered by Guest | 02-08-2010 at 08:20 PM

Get your facts straight
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota View Post
it was rigged!!!!!
this is bull, honestly how did the saints win, they were a wild card team they barely got in to the super bowl and they dominated the colts 31, 17.
how do you think they managed that and all threw out the game the reffs didn't call anything all the holdings interference and that newish onside kick it was rigged!
WILDCARD team???? Dude you need to brush up on your facts....Saints were #1 seed!!!! They won 14 of their games in a row!!!!! They are an excellent team...that's why they won!

answered by Guest | 02-10-2010 at 09:19 PM

The Superbowl was rigged
Definitely rigged.

answered by Guest | 02-11-2010 at 04:00 AM

Too much money riding on it for it to be left to chance. It's not just the refs....players have to be involved. Manning didn't look like Manning in the game, but more than that, he didn't look like Manning leading up to SB. No self-respecting, great player wants to be a part of a conspiracy, and yet, the Colts were. Notice how they were just sauntering around the field--very un-Colts-like, especially for Manning. After watching them all year, they didn't even look like the same team. Totally different demeanor.

Yeah, the Saints were "destined," which means, the fixed and chosen team this year.

answered by Guest | 02-11-2010 at 09:48 AM

Have to agree...
I'm a Saints fan, but after watching the Colts play all season..there was something eerily different about the team. It just seemed like they didn't even come to play! The Super Bowl! I don't know...I hope I'm wrong...but the Colts just didn't seem to want the trophy very much.
I'm not much on conspiracies, and I don't see how the NFL could pull something like this off without a lifetime of threats to keep the truth hidden.

You're right though, the Super Bowl Colts just didn't seem at all like the team I expected to play against the Saints. I expected a lot more fighting for the win.

answered by Chuckaluck | 02-12-2010 at 01:26 AM

none
Dungy and Manning are both company men. They believe that its for the good of the league. Just like the Rams losing to the Patriots in the Superbowl. Warner totally threw those two interceptions on purpose.

answered by Guest | 08-02-2010 at 06:17 PM

no doubt it was fixed so was the patriots-giants Superbowl.

answered by Guest | 08-28-2010 at 09:02 PM

rigged?
it was rigged as crap and peyton also let the saints win for his dad. colts > saints

answered by Guest | 09-12-2010 at 10:36 PM

comment