Splinter Cell Conviction Problems: Freezing & Bug Issues?

The title update that was made available today for Splinter Cell: Conviction on the Xbox 360 is facing a freezing bug/issue.

Splinter Cell: Conviction is constantly freezing on me on the second level and at other moments. I heard Ubisoft said the issue is being investigated but when are they going to release a fix for this bug?

Of course, Ubisoft's forums lit up with complaints. It seems the patch that was released has something to do with the freezing. Some are saying not to patch, or clear your hard drive of the patch and avoid updating.

What am I supposed to do to solve the problem? How can I get rid of the freezing issue in Splinter Cell Conviction?

asked by Gamer in Xbox | 2690 views | 04-13-2010 at 09:13 PM

Ubisoft stated that clearing the system cache is only a temporary fix, and tech support is now working to permanently resolve the issue.

To solve the Splinter Cell Conviction freezing problem you have to go to your System Settings and the Hard Drive, press Y and clear the Cache. By clearing the Cache, you will remove all of the title updates and patches installed on your hard drive. Once itís all removed, play Conviction but donít download the update. Yes, itís the only solution as of now.

According to comments on the game's official forums, the glitch seems to only occur during the single-player portion of the game. The source of the problems seems to be a launch-day title update, as owners of the game before launch day were able to progress without problem, and players who have not downloaded the newest version haven't had any trouble either.

Splinter Cell forums are abuzz with the news that a patch released for the game today has actually made the game more buggy, including an unavoidable freeze on the second level.

The freeze has been reported by all Xbox 360 players who have been playing the game with an Xbox Live connection. They reach the game's second level and it freezes.

Although I think now the issue has been solved. Whilst the cause of the issue hasnít been revealed, you shouldnít have to do anything to fix the problem yourself as it has been sorted from Microsoftís end of things.

answered by Bee | 04-13-2010 at 09:28 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.