Agnostic Religion Definition?

What does it mean when someone who has no religion calls themself agnostic? What is the definition of the Agnostic Religion?
If you're agnostic it means you don't believe in god, right?
is there a difference between agnostic and atheist?
Because I was looking online and they had these huge complicated definitions.

asked by Serenity in Religion | 60252 views | 12-11-2009 at 03:53 AM

WORD HISTORY Agnostic Religion Definition

An agnostic does not deny the existence of God and heaven but holds that one cannot know for certain whether or not they exist. The term agnostic was fittingly coined by the 19th-century British scientist Thomas H. Huxley, who believed that only material phenomena were objects of exact knowledge. He made up the word from the prefix a–, meaning “without, not,” as in amoral, and the noun Gnostic. Gnostic is related to the Greek word gnōsis, “knowledge,” which was used by early Christian writers to mean “higher, esoteric knowledge of spiritual things”; hence, Gnostic referred to those with such knowledge. In coining the term agnostic, Huxley was considering as “Gnostics” a group of his fellow intellectuals—“ists,” as he called them—who had eagerly embraced various doctrines or theories that explained the world to their satisfaction. Because he was a “man without a rag of a label to cover himself with,” Huxley coined the term agnostic for himself, its first published use being in 1870.

answered by Lucy | 12-11-2009 at 03:55 AM

yes there is
Atheists like me say **** god science is the way to go we think the big bang theory is the answer for all are questions

answered by darkcarnival420 | 10-12-2010 at 11:20 PM

Are problems? It's our you idiot do not post on a website ever again.

answered by Guest | 01-16-2011 at 09:43 AM

I am firm believer and I cannot understand why everyone is so quick to claim some sort of religion. Note I said I was a believer, but I have moved so far from religion titles it's not even funny. I have and am still working on becoming a more deeply 'spiritual' person BUT continuing to claim Christianity and all it's ugly truths, was blasphemy. I believe in one god (yah), Jesus (Yahweh) and the stories in the bible.... Agnostic is such a joke.. Get off the fence, it's either you believe or you don't. What will half way believing do for u on judgement day?

answered by Guest | 06-12-2011 at 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
What will half way believing do for u on judgement day?
Not everyone chooses a religion just for personal gain you know, some of us are more rational and follow our own beliefs. It's a spiritual thing.

answered by Guest | 08-09-2011 at 11:29 AM

Jesus Is soon to come, you better get your house in order before its too late!

answered by Guest | 08-14-2011 at 09:23 PM

I'm sorry religion is a waste of time. But I you choose to believe in it that's fine. Just don't push other people into it.

answered by Guest | 09-06-2011 at 03:03 AM

relize
Who says there will be a judgement day and why should I care? I don't know if he is real or fake, it is not proven. If he is real, he is doing a really ****** up job and needs to retire. But like i said I'm not one to say he is real or fake.

answered by Guest | 09-10-2011 at 08:03 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.