How Come AC/DC Is Not On iTunes?

I want to buy a song from AC/DC. When I type AC/DC on the iTunes store, I get a bunch of bands doing covers of AC/DC.
How come AC/DC is not featured in the iTunes store?

asked by Sir in Music | 3377 views | 07-27-2009 at 12:07 AM

AC/DC doesn't want to sell their stuff on iTunes.
They believe that iTunes is killing the music business.
The band has recently signed a contract with Wal-mart and will be taking their entire album collection to Wal-mart stores only.

answered by Jami | 07-27-2009 at 12:14 AM

Because AC/DC disagrees with being able to cherrypick the best songs.
Some bands choose not to release songs into iTunes, preferring to sell CD's or records.

The artists or the ultimate people who own the rights to the artists music do not have agreements to have their music on the store. They may choose not sell their music there for various reasons.

answered by Sarah | 07-27-2009 at 12:16 AM

thats lame
That is so lame acdc are killing their music by not bringing it to itunes they are going to lose money and fans. If they brought their songs to itunes they would make lots of money and make tons of more fans look at the rolling stones

answered by Guest | 10-29-2009 at 06:07 PM

what is that supposed to mean "look at the stones" ac/dc has enough money and fans they dont need posers coming in and just buying back in black or thunderstruck

answered by Guest | 05-28-2010 at 12:10 PM

Losing fans
If it weren't for some friends of mine, I wouldn't have even known about AC/DC. I find all of my music on iTunes. They're seriously losing some fan potential there...while I think the idea of not selling out to iTunes is noble, they're losing the fanbase of teenagers like myself...what a pity, b/c most of my friends think AC/DC is a term used in science class...

answered by Guest | 03-13-2011 at 03:35 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.