Am I Supposed To Shave My Pubic Hair?

I am 15 and considering shaving my pubic hair. My friends told me nowadays everybody shaves their pubic hair because everything is more clean that way.
Am I supposed to do it?

asked by Brenda in Sexual Health | 303372 views | 07-25-2009 at 10:20 PM

The hair in the pubic region is there for protection, you're not supposed to get rid of it.
Your friends are just messing with you, don't pay attention to them and find new friends.
At 15 you are too young to be worried about your pubic hair, just leave it as it is.

answered by David | 07-25-2009 at 10:26 PM

Hair “down there” is a totally normal sign of puberty. And, yes, pubic hair has a purpose – it blocks bacteria from getting into your genitalia.
Many women shave just the bikini line – the area your bathing sure doesn't cover.
Talk with your mom about it.

answered by Kyle | 07-25-2009 at 10:30 PM

shave, public
I think we need to shave our public hair, why because the itching sensation is more if hair remains.

answered by Guest | 08-07-2009 at 01:28 PM

yes you need to shave your pubic hair, please shave and do all your future boyfriends a favor

answered by jeremy b | 08-11-2009 at 02:52 AM

No. Leave your bush alone.

answered by Guest | 10-05-2009 at 07:28 PM

same here i'm 14 and i dont really know if i should.... do the girls want us to or what?

answered by Guest | 12-16-2009 at 02:18 AM

the after shave itch is a *****! hair is supposed to be down there so they block bacteria before getting in...... you could trim it because guys think it's creepy now
just trim it if you don't want to shave.... don't let it become a jungle! but if you do shave DON'T wait until they're long again because it will itch a lot more than if you shave every 4-6 days!!! (depends how fast yours grow)

answered by ♥Lily♥ | 01-21-2010 at 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Lily♥ View Post
you could trim it because guys think it's creepy now
no we don't. We don't care if it's hairy, shaved, or fluorescent pink.

answered by Guest | 03-28-2010 at 06:39 PM

Am I Supposed To Shave My Pubic Hair?
Okay shaving is really up to you if you personally like the feel then you should. I mean and guys like it so much better when girls shave. I mean to me it feels better. I shave and I like it. I couldn't shave last week and almost lost it because of the feeling. And in my opinion it looks a lot better.

answered by Guest | 04-11-2010 at 06:39 PM

For the girls:

It could just be a cultural thing but as a female at 21, having had a few boyfriends and losing my virginity at 17- I have never met one guy who appreciates a fully grown "bush" of hair. Keep it need and tidy at a minimum, however personal experience dictates most guys do like it shaven quite neat.

For the guys:

Think about what you want from a girl- you don't want those curlys getting everywhere, so keep it neat. However there is less cultural expectation for a guy to be shaven and I only know a couple who are.

answered by Guest | 04-27-2010 at 04:02 PM

hahahahaha that's so true my guy friends were saying they don't even care they just want to get the job done which was totally perverted to be saying around me!! but whatever!

answered by lilblogergirl:) | 05-10-2010 at 10:20 PM

i shave, its itchy when it grows is horrible, i advise, not to shave is bad lol

answered by melissa | 06-07-2010 at 09:23 PM

to be honest don't worry about it
i say try it once
and if it's not you
stop
and let it grow back x

answered by helper | 07-02-2010 at 04:17 PM

Public hair blocks bacteria? That's nonsense!
Anyone suggesting that pubic helps block the entrance of bacteria to your genitalia has no idea what they are talking about. Pubic hair provides an immense surface area in the immediate vicinity of your genitalia on which bacteria grow quite readily - essentially creating a vast colony of diverse bacteria waiting at the door for every opportunity to enter.

Does that make public hair unhealthy? No - not at all. In fact, the irritation caused by repeatedly shaving, the bother of doing it, and the general ugliness of stubble will quickly dissuade you from doing it on a regular basis.

answered by Guest | 04-13-2011 at 10:58 AM

hold on!
I'm a guy and this is my perspective if you have a bush down there #1 it will make your penis look smaller and #2 girls will find it unattractive.

And this is from a personal experience, DON'T SHAVE IT! TRIM IT
If you shave it will irritate and you'll be scratching a lot, but if you trim it, then it won't itch as much, but guys remember girls like big Penis and If you have a bush then it makes it look smaller.

answered by Guest | 04-22-2011 at 02:30 PM

Don't shave!
Don't believe the misguided advice you're getting. There's nothing cleaner about a shaved p***y. It's just, well... hairless. Women used to believe, and some still may, that douching is a means of achieving vaginal cleanliness. Nonsense. Douching strips all the natural protective bacteria from your vagina and disrupts the pH, too. It's harmful!

Besides, you look more "womanly" and less "girlish" with whatever natural amount of pubic hair you're supposed to have there.

...Married adult male

answered by Guest | 05-11-2011 at 05:24 AM

"Supposed to" shave your pubic hair? No. It's a matter of preference. I do t think 15 is not too young to consider this, though. When I was 15 my grandmother thought I was too young to even shave my legs and armpits, but these days, the norm is towards reduced body hair. If you're female, you get teased to have bush peeking out of your swimsuit, on your legs, or under your arms.

I don't know what it's like for males, never having been one. Some people have dark and plentiful hair and will feel more comfortable not making a display of it, but others may have fine, fair hair that is not so noticeable, and they may not feel the need to shave or trim. What I have noticed and read these days is that a lot of women, and even girls, are getting a Brazilian, meaning all hair down there is waxed off. They think this is what guys want, but most guys don't require or even want this. A neatly-trimmed bush will serve you well in most situations and not embarrass you. This means hair not too long, bot short and stubby, and any hair that would show outside of your panties or swimsuit shaved or removed. If a lover or even friend's in the locker room after working out ever tease or insult you for having any hair down below, then they have utterly unrealistic attitudes and not worth your time. Seriously. They need to grow up and accept that pubic hair is a sign of adulthood.

For guys, in Western society, it is acceptable to have hair all over, but most people prefer it to be neatly groomed. Some shave or get waxed all over but keep pubic hair closely-trimmed. Other guys just trim all their body hair with an electric clipper, especially if they're very hairy.

Having said all this, some folks prefer hairless, and some prefer hairy. Until you settle on a partner with a preference, and with a partner with a preference, you can't go wrong with neatly-trimmed and edged pubic hair.

answered by Guest | 07-30-2011 at 05:59 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.