Are Headaches a Sign of Pregnancy?

I'm becoming concerned. Every day I have a huge headache and I think it may be because I'm pregnant but I'm not sure. Too scared to take a pregnancy test.
Can headaches be a sign of pregnancy?

asked by Lauren in Pregnancy | 3866 views | 07-23-2009 at 05:26 PM

Headaches are a very common symptom during pregnancy and I hear they get worse in your third trimester. A lot of women experience their very first migrane during pregnancy as well.
Hormone levels rise dramatically in early pregnancy, and can contribute to headaches. Changes in your blood circulation and blood volume during pregnancy can cause increased pressure on your blood vessels. This increase requires greater fluid intake to counteract dehydration, which can be another cause of headaches. Be sure to get at least 8 glasses of water a day.

answered by Rose | 07-23-2009 at 05:28 PM

It is indeed possible that headaches can be a symptom of pregnancy. Experiencing headaches during pregnancy is one of the most common discomforts and complaints. Headaches may occur at any time during your pregnancy, but they tend to be most common during the first and third trimesters.
An increase in headaches during the first trimester is believed to be caused by the surge of hormones along with an increase in the blood volume circulating throughout your body.

answered by Corin | 07-23-2009 at 05:29 PM

comment