San Francisco Earthquake Today?

Some Bay Area residents started the day with a jolt when a small earthquake struck off the San Francisco coast today.
The U.S. Geological Survey reported that the magnitude-3.5 temblor occurred about three miles west of San Francisco's Ocean Beach today at 7:47 a.m. It was followed by a magnitude-1.2 quake at 8:05 a.m.
The quake originated off the coast of Northern California; people reported shaking from San Francsico to Daly City.
Did you feel the earthquake today in San Francisco?

asked by Jesse in Geography | 3428 views | 06-28-2010 at 07:43 PM

I live in San Francisco, when the earthquake struck I was at the gym and I didn't feel it.

Some residents in San Francisco described it as a light jolt that lasted only a few seconds, and numerous people throughout Marin County reported feeling it to one degree or another.
Law enforcement and fire departments in Marin and San Francisco did not report receiving any calls about injury or damage related to the earthquake today.

The earthquake's epicenter was 3 miles from the San Francisco Zoo and 8 miles from City Hall.
The USGS ‘Did You Feel it’ map revealed that as many as 2,000 people had reported feeling the quake.

answered by Angelina | 06-28-2010 at 07:50 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.