Qnexa Side Effects?

What are the most common side effects reported by patients of Qnexa? Since I'm planning on taking the drug to loose some weight, I would like to know the exact side effects of Qnexa.

asked by Fixed in Drugs & Medicine | 6745 views | 09-09-2009 at 09:06 PM

The most common side effects reported by patients given a half-dose of Qnexa (7.5 mg of phentermine plus 46 mg of Topamax) or a full-dose of Qnexa (15 mg of phentermine plus 92 mg of Topamax) were:

* 15-20% reported paresthesia (a feeling of “pins and needles” on the skin) versus 3% in the placebo group
* 12-18% reported dry mouth versus 0% in the placebo group
* 8-15% reported altered taste versus 0% in the placebo group
* 6-11% reported constipation versus 6 percent in the placebo group
* 0.9-1.9% reported depression and altered mood versus 1.8 percent in the placebo group

answered by Jord | 09-09-2009 at 09:06 PM

Overweight and obese patients given the highest dose of Qnexa, containing 15 mg of phentermine plus 92 mg of Topamax (topiramate), lost an average weight loss of roughly 24 pounds versus 5 pounds with placebo after one year, or 10.4 percent of body weight versus 1.8 percent with placebo according to a press release from press release from Vivus, Inc, the company developing the drug.

answered by Pipu | 09-09-2009 at 09:07 PM

Qnexa seeker
Lots of docs don't want to prescribe drugs for weight loss. They say we should be able to do it on our own. I wish they could understand we need help. A little dry mouth and tingling sounds good to me if that's the only side effects! Bring on the Qnexa!! I'll try it.

answered by Guest | 01-07-2010 at 07:17 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.