Eddie Long's Wife Vanessa Long: New Birth?

Bishop Eddie Longís wife, Vanessa Long, is standing by her man in the midst of the scandal.
She is the First Lady of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, GA.
I read a bit about her in Wikipedia and I would like to read Vanessa Long's biography. What did she say about Eddie Long's controversy and the men that are accusing her husband?
When did Eddie and Vanessa Long get married? Do they have children together?

asked by Nine in Religion | 5355 views | 09-27-2010 at 08:38 PM

According to the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church website Vanessa Long is a native of Columbus, GA. She came to New Birth after she married Eddie Long.
Vanessa Long graduated from Atlanta's Morris Brown College in 1980 with a Bachelor of Science degree in office administration and subsequently worked for 10 years with the U.S. Department of Education.

Vanessa serves on the Board of Directors for New Birth Christian Academy and is the head of several ministries and organizations including Heart to Heart women's ministry. She also hosts the annual Heart to Heart Women's Conference.

In addition, Vanessa founded the program Women on the Path, helping women to delve into a deeper relationship with God. She also is active in the Soul Survivor Cancer Support Group, helping those who have been battling cancer.

I think Vanessa Long is doing the right thing here. She's standing strongly next to her husband because she believes in him.

answered by Chuck | 09-27-2010 at 08:38 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.