History of Halloween Holiday For Kids?

I'm trying to explain the history of the Halloween holiday to my kids, they're 2 and 4 years old.
They love to play those games for children on the web that have funny videos of cute penguins.
I was wondering if there's some sort of youtube video that explains the history of Halloween and all the traditions to little kids in a way they can understand. They asked me why people give free candy and when it all started. They also asked me why we use masks and costumes.
Although my kids are young, they're very smart and I want to stimulate their brains so they're smarter when they grow up. Is there a video with the History of the Halloween holiday on youtube?

asked by Giselle in Holidays | 1789 views | 10-31-2011 at 07:15 PM

Well, it's not easy to find a clip that explains the complete history of Halloween to kids.
The beginnings of Halloween can't be explained in just a few words, because the history of the holiday is long.
Here's a video I found that narrates the history of Halloween from National Geographic.
Maybe you can see it and explain the holiday it to your kids in simpler words? Anyway, here's the movie.

answered by Paul | 10-31-2011 at 07:15 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.