Crock Pot Meals?

I need a good crock pot recipe for meal I'm preparing. My mother in law is coming so I have to impress her. I recently purchased a crock pot for the first time and am loving cooking with it.
I am in search of unique crock pot (slowcooker) recipes that you wouldn't find in a cookbook.

asked by Peter in Cooking & Recipes | 2720 views | 09-30-2009 at 07:57 PM

These are some of the best crock pot meals:

Beef Roast with Sour Cream Gravy

1 (3 pound) chuck or pot roast
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon dill weed
5 or 6 small potatoes
5 or 6 carrots
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large onion
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon dill seed

Coat roast with 2 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper. Brown in oil in skillet. Put roast in crock pot. Add water and vinegar. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon dill weed over meat, then add potatoes, carrots, onion and salt. Cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours.

To make gravy, pour off 3 tablespoons drippings, add 1 tablespoon flour and heat. Measure rest of drippings, and add water to make 1 cup. Add to flour mixture and heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add sour cream and 1 teaspoon dill weed. Heat to boiling

-------------------

Macaroni and Cheese

8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Place the cooked macaroni in a 3-1/2 quart or larger crock pot that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Add the remaining ingredients except 1 cup of the cheese; mix well. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheese, then cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges. Do not remove the cover or stir until the mixture has finished cooking.

----------------

Roast with Noodles

1 (2 to 3 pound) beef roast
1 can golden cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can water
4 ounces uncooked noodles
Salt and pepper, to taste

Season roast and brown on both sides in a skillet.

Put roast in the crock pot. Pour soup over the roast and add water. Cover and cook on HIGH until it is simmering. Turn to LOW and cook for 4 to 6 hours.

About 15 minutes before serving, add noodles to bottom of crock pot and cook on HIGH.

-------------------

Burgandy Stew & Herb Dumplings

Stew
2 lb boneless beef bottom or top round, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (2 cups)
2 medium stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
2 medium onions, sliced
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 jars (4.5 oz each) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms, drained
3/4 cup dry red wine or Progresso® beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
Dumplings
1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crushed
1/2 cup milk

1. In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix all stew ingredients except water and flour.
2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours (or High heat setting 4 to 5 hours).
3. In small bowl, mix water and flour; gradually stir into beef mixture.
4. In small bowl, mix Bisquick mix, 1/2 teaspoon thyme and the sage. Stir in milk just until Bisquick mix is moistened. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto hot beef mixture.
5. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean. Serve immediately.

answered by Puck | 09-30-2009 at 07:58 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.