Easy Charoset Recipe Passover?

I have a special occasion coming up pretty soon and I need to make a yummy Charoset for Passover.
I have to make an authentic Charoset dish for Passover. Any ideas or easy recipes of Charoset?

can any one help me?

I've looked all over the internet and there just isn't a really easy recipe of Charoset for Passover. I want to make a delicious Charoset but every time i go on a site they give me all these hard and crap recipes. anyway if you're going to give me the recipe site please give a direct link to the easy Charoset recipe for Passover.

If anyone has any easy recipes, I'd be extremely grateful!!

asked by Wanda in Cooking & Recipes | 10773 views | 03-28-2010 at 05:29 PM

Haroset (also Charoset or Charoses), the blend of fruit and nuts symbolizing the mortar which our forefathers used to build pyramids in Egypt, is one of the most popular and discussed foods served at the Seder. The fruit and nuts found in almost all Charoset recipes refer to two verses in the Song of Songs closely linked with the spring season: "Under the apple tree I awakened thee" (8:5) and "I went down into the garden of nuts" (6:11). The red wine recalls the Red Sea, which parted its waters for the Jews.

This is a good Charoset recipe:

This simple side dish salad recipe is traditional for Passover, and is meant to represent the mortar used by Jewish slaves in Egypt.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:

* 3 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
* 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts OR golden raisins
* 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
* 2 Tbsp. sugar
* 3 Tbsp. Concord grape wine OR Concord grape juice

Preparation:
In medium bowl, toss apples with lemon juice until coated. Add remaining ingredients and toss gently.

Another recipe I like for Passover is this one:

Greek Charoset Recipe for Passover

Makes 1 1/4 cups.
Note: May be kept refrigerated up to 1 week.
Recipe Ingredients:

* 1 Orange, unpeeled, cut into 8 pieces and remove any seeds
* 1/2 cup Raisins
* 1/2 cup (14) pitted dates
* 1/3 cup Cherry preserves
* 1/2 cup Sweet red Passover wine
* 1 tsp. Ground ginger
* 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
* 2 tbsp. Pine nuts

In food processor, chop orange coarsely.

Add raisins and dates and process until finely chopped.

Transfer to medium size saucepan and stir in preserves, wine, ginger and cayenne.

Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over lowest heat for 8 to 10 minutes until thick, stirring often to prevent any sticking.

Stir in pine nuts.

answered by Jenny | 03-28-2010 at 05:35 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.