AV Security Suite Virus Removal?

Is there an "AV Security Suite Virus" removal tool?
I was attacked by the AV security suite virus...now i am blocked from getting online.

This av security suite is annoying!! Is there a way I could get rid of it? Any advice is definitely appreciated.
I have done my Googling and have found plenty of non-free ways to remove this "virus", but I have only found 1 free option that did not work.
I have the Kaspersky antivirus which I have run multiple times, but it didn't find anything on my computer. Task Manager and the registry are both blocked too by this AV Security virus.

How do I remove the AV security suite virus? Please help.

asked by Shannon in Internet | 10143 views | 06-08-2010 at 07:49 PM

If you've installed AV Security Suite, you probably noticed that it's more virus itself than a virus protector... and it has no built-in method for removal. That's because it's a virus.
AV Security Suite is a rogue spyware fake program, it is a virus that appears to be an anti virus.
When it is installed, it will display bogus warning messages that your computer is infected.

I removed it using malwarebytes anti malware, although I've heard this alternative doesn't work for some people.

Malwarebytes is legit, and is fairly straightforward to use.

Try this software to get rid of AV security suite. If that doesn't work for you here's a link to the manual steps for removing AV Security Suite. This involves touching the registry. If you attempt this method, be sure to back up your system first.

http://www.411-spyware.com/remove-av-security-suite#how-to-remove

answered by Eddie | 06-08-2010 at 08:04 PM

AV Security Suite virus will propagate via Trojan infection. This threat was designed to penetrate a computer by exploiting software vulnerabilities and install itself without users full knowledge. If AV Security Suite resides on the computer, a modification to system settings will be implemented to make sure that the rogue software will run when Windows is started.

I followed the instructions and it worked, thanks!

answered by Bruce | 06-10-2010 at 05:27 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.