Norway Spiral Light Hoax?

A strange spiral of light appeared in northern Norway, stunning and confusing people.
According to observers, the spiral light arose without warning in Norway, and covered the sky within moments. As the spiral light expanded, it eventually became a halo-esque shape with a beam of light pointing towards the ground.
Some say the light is a UFO, others say the light is a hoax. I don't think it is a hoax, the video is very clear.
Why is people saying the spiral is a hoax when a lot of people saw it at the same time?

asked by Fred in Paranormal Phenomena | 5018 views | 12-10-2009 at 05:47 PM

Looking at the spiral, it's hard to argue it's a hoax.
My first reaction on seeing the spiral light was: hoax! But similar footage has come in from enough sources across Norway that, if itís a hoax, itís a really well-planned one. I still donít know what to make of it.
Some people think it was a UFO or an alien spacecraft.
That light sure was strange.

answered by Geogie | 12-10-2009 at 05:51 PM

The spiral light is not a hoax.

The Russian Ministry of Defense has confirmed that the strange light in the skies of Norway was caused by a malfunctioning rocket.
SpaceWeather.com yesterday reported that the spiral may well have been caused by a malfunctioning suborbital rocket.
According to the BBC, the missile was fired from the Dmitry Donskoi submarine in the White Sea and malfunctioned when the third stage engine failed.

answered by Wilma | 12-10-2009 at 05:52 PM

It is a hoax...just because many people see it all at once doesn't mean it's real. Just like the crop circles which had everyone freaked out for a long time, even movies made about them...then, someone steps forward and shows how they made the circles. Probably some super laser..

answered by Guest | 12-10-2009 at 09:13 PM

spiral hoax... prove it
No one has confirmed that it was a failed (or successful for that matter) Russian missile. That includes the Russians. Its ok to be skeptical about things and look at everything objectively. But automatically saying 'hoax' without any proof is stupid and closed minded.

answered by Guest | 01-08-2010 at 12:14 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.