CBS Reporter Serene Branson Stroke: Speech Problem on Youtube?

CBS Reporter Serene Branson has reportedly been taken to a hospital for tests after having speech problems during a Grammy's broadcast. Is there a youtube video of her report?

It was suggested she could have suffered a stroke, which can cause speech problems for some and was taken to a hospital for tests.

Some websites have been making fun of Serene Branson. What happened to her could be very serious.

What is Serene Branson's health condition right now, did she have a stroke? Is her video of her report for CBS on youtube?

asked by Marion in Television | 5984 views | 02-14-2011 at 04:55 PM

When Serene Branson started talking, her speech slurred almost immediately and her grammar became incomprehensible.
Many people who saw it, for some reason, thought it was "hilarious" and were quick to blame alcohol for the flub.

The video was hard to watch for me, she starts to freak out at some point.
Hopefully Serene Branson will make a full recovery and it ends up being nothing serious.
Here's the youtube video of Serene Branson's report at the Grammy Awards.

answered by Dylan | 02-14-2011 at 04:56 PM

Although Serene Branson was completely unable to pronounce any of the words she's trying to say, she is OK now. Some say she had a mini stroke but she can speak clearly now.

answered by Guest | 02-15-2011 at 03:56 AM

It think Serene Branson suffered a T.I.A. It is caused when a blood clot blocks blood flow to part of the brain.
That's when she began to talk incoherently. The blockage clears and no permanent damage occurs.

answered by Guest | 02-15-2011 at 07:20 PM

Migraines
Actually, this type of aphasia can be caused by migraines. I have no idea what her situation was, but I know from personal experience that migraines can affect that part of the brain which processes speech. The person may know the words they want to say, but other words or gibberish comes out during an episode. I hope that she has a full recovery and that it isn't a serious health issue.

answered by Guest | 02-15-2011 at 11:52 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.