Lebron James Steroid Use?

Does anyone besides me believe that Lebron James is on steroids? He's about 6'9" 260lbs. and jumps unnaturally high. I've never seen anyone that height and weight jump that high.

When a rumor began circulating that Cleveland Cavaliers marquee player LeBron James had been suspended for 50 games after testing positive for steroids, it had many of his fans worried. But now they are saying Lebron James' steroid use is sort of half true.

What's the real deal? Is Lebron James' steroid use true or not?

asked by Toby in Other - Sports | 3690 views | 03-12-2010 at 10:09 PM

Lebron James' steroid use rumors are not true, well not entirely true.

Many would like to believe that there is truth to this story, just because of the sheer domination that LeBron shows night in and night out against every opponent. I would dare say it is even on a different level than when Mike was doing it, back in the early 90's.

Truth be told Lebron did test positive for steroids, and it is a Lebron playing pro sports for Cleveland - it just isnít Lebron James. The mystery Lebron is the much lesser known Steven Lebron who is a catcher in the Cleveland Indians minor league organization. The early birds pecking for the worm had part of the story right.

Steven Lebron, a minor league baseball player picked up in January by the Cleveland Indians, was the source of the mix-up. The Dominican catcher tested positive for the steroid Boldenone metabolite, and was suspended from playing baseball for 50 games. The Indians voided his contract at no cost, according to the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.

The performance enhancing drug in question was Boldenone metabolite, a horse steroid commonly used by bodybuilders to edge out the competition. The substance is banned by the MLB. The other Lebronís was voided with no cost to the Cleveland Indians.

The suspensions will take effect at the beginning of this year's Dominican Summer League season.

I could see where people would get the two confused and merge this into a mega-story/scandal. First, you have the name LeBron, which is a highly recognizable name in the media. Second, you have the right city - Cleveland, and third, you have performance-enhancement drugs involved. This is a media field day. Thankfully, it wasn't LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers and that it was a player with a lot less fame, such as a minor league baseball player. The last thing we need is another one of America's sport icons going down in a scandal or testing positive for drugs or steroids.

answered by Brandon | 03-12-2010 at 10:16 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.