Prime Rib Roast Recipe & Cooking Time?

I need a simple recipe to cook my prime rib for Christmas dinner. It will be approximately a 10lb. bone out prime rib and I'm going to cook it in the oven.
How long do I cook it for and what is the best way to prepare it?
Any recipe will do I guess. What is the cooking time, at what temperature should I cook my prime rib?
Thank you for your help.

asked by Lola in Foods | 6006 views | 12-24-2010 at 09:53 PM

Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Rub roast with House Seasoning; place roast on a rack in the pan with the rib side down and the fatty side up. Roast for 1 hour. Turn off oven. Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours. About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast. Important: Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until ready to serve.

If the outside of the roast starts to darken, you can tent it with foil to help slow down the browning.

Always allow the roast to rest once it comes out of the oven. Do not carve immediately.

Prime Rib does not need much seasoning beyond salt and pepper. But I like ot also cut slits into the rib roast and stuff the hoels with chopped garlic.

Don't over season it. Prime rib is a superb cut of meat, and over seasoning it will just take away from the already scrumptious flavor.

answered by Audrey | 12-24-2010 at 09:54 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.