Where is Qatar Located on the World Map?

Qatar was selected as host of the 2022 World Cup, beating out a bid by the United States to bring soccer's showcase back to America for the first time since 1994.
Where is Qatar located on the map of the world? I know it is a middle eastern country and that its located near Africa and Egypt, but what is the specific location of Qatar?

Do you consider a dangerous country to host the World Cup? I know its in 2022 and maybe by then the zone is peaceful and there are no more wars, what do you think?

asked by Scarlett in Places of the World | 11319 views | 12-02-2010 at 05:39 PM

Qatar is located in the world map next to Saudi Arabia. Qatar's neighbors are Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq.
The little country is kind of like the appendix to Saudi Arabia. The population of Qatar was 1.3 million in 2009, or roughly a populace the size of Memphis in area the size of Connecticut. It will be the smallest country to ever host a World Cup.

Qatar got the better of the United States, Australia, Japan and South Korea to stage in 2022.

Qatar will see a burst of economic growth from its successful bid for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, with stadium development, increased tourism and the overhaul of infrastructure all bringing significant new revenue.

The country's economy, forecast to grow by 15.5 percent this year, is expected to soar by a staggering 21 percent in 2011, allowing Qatar to pour as much cash as necessary into preparations for 2022.

I don't consider Qatar a dangerous place, I think FIFA did the right thing by letting Qatar host the world cup. Small countries never get the chance to host a cup.

answered by Stephen | 12-02-2010 at 05:42 PM

Qatar is one of the best kept secrets of the Middle East. Shopping is excellent, food is great, people are friendly.
Qatar is the heart of the Middle East.
Here's the location of Qatar in the world map.

Qatar Location World Map

answered by Erin | 12-03-2010 at 12:28 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.