Svchost.exe Virus Removal Tool Download?

Can somebody help me?
My antivirus program started flaring up with warnings about a trojan horse virus, the name: C:\Windows\Temp\(random 4 letters).tmp\svchost.exe
However it can't remove it. I seem to have viruses disguised as Svchost.exe and probably others.
How can i remove the svchost.exe virus.. I need to download an utility that can deal with this. Which antivirus tool is best for Svchost.exe?

if anyone has any info on how to remove this safely and effectively let
me know. I've looked everywhere for options to remove this, but since I'm on windows 7, and all the solutions I saw were for Vista or XP so I'm screwed!

asked by Question in Software | 31482 views | 01-12-2010 at 08:00 PM

have u got the answer of ur problem
i m facing the same problem on window 7.............svchost is panic

if u got the answer mail me on *****@yahoo.co.in

answered by Guest | 04-07-2010 at 10:23 AM

Svchost.exe is not a virus. It is a necessary application to help your computer function properly.

According to Microsoft Svchost.exe acts as a host for a group of services on your computer. As you are aware there a many services and programs the run silently in the back ground. Svchost.exe pools many of these services in one group and runs all at the same time. This is a great for efficiency. However, it can cause your CPU to spike to 100%.

So don't delete svchost.exe.
It may be infected by a virus or malware though, try using Combo Fix, it works for me

answered by Oliver | 04-21-2010 at 05:21 PM

What is the fix?
Any download links to a free removal tool for the Svchost.exe Virus? Is it a virus or a Trojan?

I'm currently running Windows Vista and I can't get rid of the virus.
I know Svchost.exe is important for Vista so I should keep it, but I want to remove the virus that is affecting it.
My cousin had the same problem in Windows 7 and he reinstalled windows to get rid of it. I don't want to do that, I just want a fix to remove the virus.

I tried a Symantec application and it didn't work.

answered by Larry | 04-21-2010 at 05:43 PM

Svchost.exe is the name of a generic host process for services that run from dynamic link libraries (DLLs). The legitimate file--located in the C:\Windows\System folder--checks the services portion of the Windows registry to verify and list the services that must load upon system start up. Multiple sessions of the file typically run while a system is operational, each session containing a separate group of services. A variety of worm malware programs spread a similarly named file--Scvhost.exe--via Yahoo! Messenger and other apps that blocks the Task Manager and Registry Editor, as well as use of the command prompt.

If you got svchost.exe error then there is a 94% chance that your computer has registry problems. To repair svchost.exe error you need to follow the steps below (do this at your own risk, this website or me are not responsible if anything you do causes more problems):

* Step 1 - Download a svchost.exe error repair tool, install this error repair tool.
* Step 2 - Click the Repair All Button. It will scan you pc for Free.
* Step 3 - Then click the Repair All Button again and your done! It is very easy to repair svchost.exe error.

answered by Troy | 04-21-2010 at 07:10 PM

microsoft svchost
The microsoft version is a service running to host applications which cannot run by themselves this is true. What these people are talking about is a virus which disguises itself as svchost. It brings up many different popup box etc...

answered by Guest | 11-17-2010 at 03:20 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.