Lost Numbers: Mega Millions Jackpot?

The Mega Millions jackpot had many 'Lost' fans scratching their heads, four of the six winning numbers were identical to the infamous set of digits from Lost.

The winning numbers were 4, 8, 15, 25, 47, with 42 being the Mega Ball number. To win the Mega Millions game, players must match five regular numbers plus the Mega Ball.

Hurley's lottery numbers in Lost were: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. It's a mind-blowing coincidence that once again proves the world revolves around "Lost" even though it's no longer on television.

Do you think it's a coincidence or are the numbers special somehow? How much money did Hurley win on Lost when he played the numbers?

asked by Chance in Luck & Risk Games | 2831 views | 01-05-2011 at 11:27 PM

I thought some of those numbers sounded familiar this morning when I heard them on the news.

On Lost, the character played by Jorge Garcia, wins $114-million by playing the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. The people who played those numbers in last night’s Mega Millions jackpot won about $150 each.

"Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelhof was surprised about this and noted the coincidence on his Twitter account.

I'm sure this is probably enough to have Lost fans freaking out and piecing together all sorts of new crazy theories.

answered by Kathryn | 01-05-2011 at 11:28 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.