Stack Overflow at Line 0 Error Fix?

I keep getting an alert: Stack overflow at line: 0. It's an error message I see in Internet explorer, I'm using windows 7. It freezes the page and I cannot navigate, how can I fix this error?

Sometimes there will be just one Stack Overflow at Line 0 error message popping out and sometime there may be as many as four or five. I just keep clicking OK till they all disappear.

The problem occurs with both IE6 and IE8 when browsing a website. My dad is using Windows XP on his computer and he doesn't have this problem.

I can click through the warnings, but they are very annoying, is there a quick fix to this issue?
Is it a virus or malware?

asked by Dustin in Software | 6228 views | 12-10-2010 at 05:04 PM

The problem may come from your computer or your browser, maybe an Internet Explorer add-on is causing the issue.
Disable all your add-ons and then enable them one by one until you notice which one is causing the problem.

If this doesn't work and you are still getting the Stack Overflow at Line 0 error message, consider that maybe it may be caused by a JavaScript error related to the site you are visiting.
It's definitely not a virus.

Also, make sure you have all of the patches for Internet Explorer. Select Tools > Windows Update from Internet Explorer, and you'll be taken to the Microsoft Windows Update site, which will scan your computer and see what patches need to be installed.

Stacks are reserved portions of computer memory. When there is not enough free memory to run hardware you get a stack overflow error.

answered by Everett | 12-10-2010 at 05:05 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.