2011 Ford Explorer Price?

The 2011 Ford Explorer SUV has been rolled out of the factory, and buyers will be treated to some impressive features. Anyone knows how much does it cost?

The new Ford Explorer 2011 looks really good and shares some similarities with both the Range Rover and the Land Rover LRX. This is due in part to the developer of the Ford Explorer 2011, Jim Holland. Holland also was the engineer in charge to develop the generation of Range Rover 2002, when the British brand belonged to Ford.

What is the price of this vehicle? I'm interested in the 2011 Ford Explorer and I need a new car so I would like to know the price.

asked by Gordon in Car Makes | 4278 views | 05-28-2010 at 06:19 PM

Supposedly, this new generation of Ford Explorers are very different and much more advance than past models.

The new Explorer rides on the updated Freestyle/500 chassis underpinning the current Ford Taurus, Ford Flex and Lincoln MKS and MKT. It'll be sized and shaped like an over-sized, three-row Edge (isn't that where the Flex lives?) with the spoiler across the back and everything. Of course, it won't be wearing the garish nose from the concept car above, expect a more Edge-meets-Fusion-meets-F150 grill up front.

The motivation is probably the most interesting aspect of the new Explorer. Rumor has it the once-truck-based-expedition-ready Explorer will start with an EcoBoost inline-four driving the front wheels and getting around 30 MPG.

What about the price? Prices for the 2011 Ford Explorer should range from $28,000 to $35,000.

Not that long ago, the Explorer was the most popular passenger vehicle of any kind in America. Between 1995 and 2002 Ford sold an average of 412,000 of them a year, said Ford sales analyst George Pipas.

That was during the height of America's SUV craze when truck-based SUVs constituted most of what was available. They also suited Americans' tastes at a time when gasoline was cheap and people craved status and adventure.

answered by Edge | 05-28-2010 at 06:30 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.