Phoebe Prince Facebook Comments, Messages & Posts?

15 year old Phoebe Prince was tormented for months by 9 other students at her high school in Massachusetts. The victim's mother repeatedly asked school officials to intervene but the school failed to protect the girl. She was harassed verbally and through Facebook, and sent hate text messages.

Her schoolmates kept on posting hateful comments, messages and posts on her Facebook page. She couldn't take it anymore.

9 teens were indicted in the death of Phoebe Prince. Meanwhile, police continue to investigate to find out the circumstances surrounding the death of Phoebe. They read her Facebook page and identified who posted the comments and messages.

Does anyone know where I can read the posts her schoolmates left to Phoebe Prince? I'm so mad about this. I believe Phoebe Prince's Facebook page was closed.
Are the messages and comments available somewhere? I'd like to read them.

asked by Allison in Law & Ethics | 23109 views | 03-30-2010 at 09:38 PM

It is scary to think about how vulnerable our teens are. Was there no way to save Phoebe Prince or Denise Cotteta?
Sometimes I think about my children and their Facebook pages they love so much.
The comments must have been awful.

My heart goes out to the families and friends of Phoebe Prince.
The issue of Internet bullying and harassment has been in the news statewide. The Senate this month approved a bill supported by Gov. Deval Patrick that would require schools to include an anti-bullying curriculum.

Like other schools, Southeastern has had problems with students fighting at school because of remarks posted on Facebook.

The messages, comments and posts left in Phoebe Prince's facebook page have been erased by the authorities.

Legally, cyberbullying is not treated as an accessory to murder or manslaughter in case of suicide.
All we really know is: cyberbullying doesn’t help. And we know that for the most part parents, stuck in a generation gap where back in their day bullying required face-to-face contact, aren’t taking it seriously.

Prince, a recent immigrant from Ireland, started school here in September. Right from the start, she was the victim of bullies, first in person and then electronically. Why was Prince the victim of such merciless harassment? No one knows for sure, but the breaking point was reached after her relationship with a popular boy ended badly.

It’s very likely, however, that Phoebe's bullies knew something more about her than the fact that she was a pretty girl. They may have intuited that she was more sensitive than they were or that her sense of self had yet to fully develop.

More than 40 states have anti-bullying laws that generally require schools to adopt a set of preventive policies.

So there, Facebook comments and messages can be very dangerous now.

answered by Joshua | 03-30-2010 at 09:45 PM

I'm not blaming her parents but ...
what else did they do?... I have three children and there is no way I would simply go up to a school and ask the administration for help. Not only would I call the police on each child as it was happening, I would meet with the parents and confront the bullies myself. I feel terrible for her parents and really think this is a tragedy. I remember being bullied at some points growing up (as most people have) and my mother did the same thing that Phoebe’s parents did... She would try to talk me through it and went to administration. That really did not help. My God-daughter was cyber bullied and received threatening text messages and phone calls from some girls for dating a popular boy. Not only did I intervene on the phone calls, I went up to the school the very next day and filed a police report the same day. An investigation is now in progress. When I did get on the phone I calmly tried to explain I was her parent and they needed to stop harassing her, they proceeded to curse and became extremely vulgar to me. I then spoke in plain language they would understand and gave them back what they gave. As an adult, I would not usually speak to a minor in that way, but these girls were vulgar way beyond their years, and they wouldn't have understood any other way.

Again, not blaming the parents, just wondering...

With my children, I have no problems finding those bullies and scaring the hell out of them myself. Sadly, these days that it what needs to be done. If they are bold and mean enough to harass the poor girl to that extent, then they would have to deal with the consequences without any of the "protection" they would usually get from me as an adult.

answered by Guest | 04-03-2010 at 01:01 PM

Jealous types
The girls who bullied Phoebe were ugly. No wonder their boyfriends cheated on them or like that pretty Phoebe girl. Stupid jealous ungrateful bitches.

answered by Guest | 04-14-2010 at 03:42 AM

R.I.P Phoebe Prince
this is so wrong why would they do such a thing this is ridiculous she just wanted to come to America and make friends and have successful life she was only 15 man
i found out by this cause from my teacher we are learning about Bullying & what happen to Phoebe RIP PHOEBE you're in a better place now

answered by dOriis | 04-16-2010 at 06:23 PM

chelsea
those ****** are just monsters what they put that girl through. I've seen the program last night and i could not believe what she went through those **** should be punished big time. R.I.P phoebe you're in a safe place now god bless you.

answered by Guest | 05-11-2010 at 08:29 PM

This makes me so mad! I wish them little girls were here so I could give them a little taste of their own %$#@!
--What they did was wrong and if I even lived close to there o trust me I would go do something about it!
-If those little girls think they are so ^%$#@ tough then why dont they send them to jail... and then see how tough they really are in prison...!
I have so much I would Like to say but unfortunately I cant really say anything about those wanna be "Mean Girls" on line!....
--If I were that child's parent... I would get those little girls butts and send them to the prison up in L.A California.. See how they big girls they are there!
ugh!!!!

answered by CHiiKiiiiiNARCAA | 05-12-2010 at 08:56 PM

SMFHH
Wao. we had this Current Event's at school, and I'm completely shocked !
some girls these days. ! Phoebe Prince was ******* GORGEOUS! No wonder the girls were jealous. and they were "shimmy lil ip gloss girls" i hate this ! These types of girl white chicks who think they are MISS PERFECT should pay for what they did !

answered by Guest | 05-16-2010 at 03:10 PM

Phoebe's story made the headlines..and it never should of. Teenagers today have gone crazy! what has the world become?!!?!

Everything in this life is payed.

RIP Phoebe.

answered by JEALOUSY | 05-24-2010 at 07:01 PM

There was a facebook comment posted after Phoebe Prince's death where a girl (who was one of the bullies) posted that Phoebe deserved to die and she showed no remorse what so ever. It's even more disturbing to know that girl will be a mother someday, I wonder what her kids will be like.

answered by Melody | 07-22-2010 at 09:33 PM

It most definitely is the parents fault of those girls who bullied Phoebe!
As a parent it is your responsibility to bring your child up in a respectable manner, and to teach them what right and wrong is!
They obviously did a crap job, because those girls were absolute bitches, and they dont deserve to breathe the same air as us!

answered by Guest | 08-13-2010 at 04:32 PM

Hope they hang those 3 spastics with barbed wire and then piss on their ashes after they burn their corpses

answered by Guest | 09-24-2010 at 08:30 PM

This makes me so sad. no one should have to go through their life wishing they were dead. My heart goes out to Phoebes family. Especially her little sister, who found her after she hung herself. And for the people that bullied her and that were happy she killed herself, are just pure evil. I hope this haunts them for the rest of their lives.

answered by Guest | 10-13-2010 at 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It most definitely is the parents fault of those girls who bullied Phoebe!
As a parent it is your responsibility to bring your child up in a respectable manner, and to teach them what right and wrong is!
They obviously did a crap job, because those girls were absolute bitches, and they dont deserve to breathe the same air as us!
Yes parents are somewhat to blame, but lets be honest parents are unable to know exactly what their children are like. Trust me, my parents know nothing about what i am really like, yet i still have good morals do not get me wrong. I have been smoking for 7 years, they caught me a few times but they still believe i quit, i drink everyday yet they do not think i do, and they still think i am a virgin which i haven't been for 5 years.... Some people are just very good at hiding things from their parents so do not place FULL blame on them.

Regardless this incident is a tragedy and these kids deserve everything they will get from this. I am sorry for Phoebe's family and hope they are able to get through it.

answered by Guest | 11-27-2010 at 01:59 AM

Very sad indeed. What a pretty girl she was.... A shame to see what goes on in this world today. My prayers are with you Phoebe Prince.

answered by Guest | 11-29-2010 at 07:18 PM

Adults and children
During these difficult economic times with so many unemployed, many adults use Facebook for networking and job-seeking. There is a Facebook discussion board entitled Scrapboy. Most who blog on it blog as kids text; bullying is hideously inhumane on the forum. Last week, one Srapboy blogger, one of only a few bloggers who contributed substantive and enjoyable posts to the blog, took his own life.

I had only been interacting on the board for a very short while when I saw a new topic posted be the person who is now deceased. I noticed that bloggers were not posting on his topic. Because I was being stalked around the discussion board by bloggers who would post vile venom directed toward me after I would post a comment on a topic, I did not post on the topic on Scrapboy.

Instead, I sent a personal message, thanking the person for posting the topic, as I had read the news article addressed in the topic the previous day, and in had considered the article substantively worthy of bringing to the attention of fellow-bloggers.

That blogger and I only interacted via personal messages after that. The person was highly intelligent and politically astute. It disturbs me very much that such a great person is now longer with us.

Adults, please be careful when you are blogging; I think is would be wise to stop blogging if doing so causes you emotional discomfort. If you let it get to the point of emotional pain, you may already be sucked into the cyber-bullying phenomenon and I could be too late.
Parents, please talk to your children about bullying in all its forms.

answered by Guest | 11-30-2010 at 04:29 AM

Saddest feeling ive ever had
I'm 16 years old and am a varsity football player. I cried like a baby when I saw this story. Bullying, any kind, is unacceptable on any level. This girl was beautiful and smart and involved with a loving family, nobody deserves this, nobody. How low of a person do u have to be to push someone so far as to make them think they have no reason to live. Phoebe, I'm sorry this happened to you, and to your family, I wish you all the best.

answered by Brady-P | 12-20-2010 at 06:41 AM

I have read this sad story and can't understand what gives the right of these teenagers to destroy this young, beautiful girl. This kind of bullying has happened way to much with unspeakable results. I hope the law charges them to the fullest. Somebody has to take a stand and speak for those who no longer can and say"ENOUGH IS A ENOUGH"! Maybe if these kids realize that they can get in trouble by their actions then they will think twice.

And for these teenagers parents who pushed this girl to the edge it all starts at home. So if you want to blame someone look in the mirror. My thoughts go out to Phoebe Princes family I hope you can find justice and peace in some way.

answered by Guest | 01-11-2011 at 04:32 AM

Disgusting
I'm Irish, 16 and live close to where Phoebe was from.

If an American girl moved to a high school over here, she would be welcomed, and treated with the respect she deserved. Its such a shame that 6 people have ruined American teenagers reputation in the eyes of Irish people.
Makes me sick that she had to die like that, leaving all those people behind.

answered by Guest | 01-11-2011 at 09:12 PM

RIP Phoebe
this is crazy. what have we come to?
I know what it's like to be bullied and to have those thoughts that you just can't take it anymore. For my English class, we are writing a persuasive speech about something we feel strongly about. I chose cyber bullying. Apparently, there is a bill that is waiting to be passed that makes cyber bullying a federal crime.

For my speech, I'd like to do a research piece about Phoebe. What these girls did to her was horrible! It's disgusting to think that they have absolutely no value for such a lovely and lively girl. Those girls wish they were as amazing as she was. If anyone has any information for me at all could you please let me know?

Thank you! (:
I hope to send a letter with my speech enclosed to the president.
it's time to put a stop to this once and for all!

thanks again,

Brielle

answered by goodbyeBrielle | 02-04-2011 at 08:21 PM

Her life to save multiple lives
I think in a way the death of Phoebe has saved the life of many such teens around the world. She killed herself due to bullies, but what she didn't know was that she sacrificed her own life to save tons of others and raise bully awareness. R.I.P Phoebe. And I pray for the bullies, not that they go to hell, but that they realize how cruel they were, and that they have true remorse deep down in there hearts!

answered by Guest | 12-29-2011 at 08:34 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.