Anthony Shriver Bio?

I'm looking for the bio of Anthony Shriver. I would like to read his complete biography. Where can I read it?

asked by Stuart in Politics | 3643 views | 08-14-2009 at 08:41 PM

Anthony Paul Kennedy Shriver (born July 20, 1965, in Boston, Massachusetts) is an American activist for people with intellectual disabilities. In 1989, he founded Best Buddies International, an international organization that helps people with intellectual disabilities to find employment and social opportunities.

The fifth of five children and a member of the Kennedy family, he was born to father, Sargent Shriver, a Democratic politician and activist, and mother, Eunice Kennedy Shriver (née Kennedy), who founded the Special Olympics in 1968.

He graduated from the Georgetown Preparatory School, North Bethesda, Maryland, and with a academic double major in theology and history, from Georgetown University (1988), Washington, D.C.

In 1987, he started a volunteer program, a precursor to Best Buddies, that paired university students with people with intellectual disabilities of similar age.

In 1989, he founded Best Buddies International, a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities by providing opportunities for one-to-one friendships and integrated employment.

Shriver married Alina Shriver on July 2, 1993, in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, and they have five children.

They currently live in Miami Beach, Florida.

answered by Ella | 08-14-2009 at 08:43 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.