21 Pounds in 21 Days Detox Diet Review?

Detox diets are supposed to be the quickest, easiest way to lose weight, boost your energy, and improve your health.
Lose 21 pounds in 21 days is a detox diet I'm interested in. The diet has been made popular by many celebrities.
I'm looking for a review of the 21 Pounds in 21 Days Detox Diet? Does it really work?
I hope it works. I know a friend who did a detox like this and said that some of his health problems cleared up.

asked by Cloud in Diet & Fitness | 2937 views | 10-15-2010 at 05:38 PM

Lose 21 Pounds in 21 Days: The Martha's Vineyard Diet Detox is not a traditional diet, but a detoxification program designed both to "cleanse" the body and cause weight loss.

Author Roni DeLuz, a registered nurse and naturopathic doctor says she created the liquid diet when she was trying to heal herself.

At its core, the detox is a fruit and vegetable fast, with the addition of enzymes and colonics. Dr. DeLuz maintains that our world is “full of toxins” and only by ridding ourselves once a year of these toxins, can we put our metabolism back in order.

Each day, dieters are only allowed to consume about 40 to 48 ounces of water, 32 to 40 ounces of herbal tea, 16 ounces of soup made from veggies and 32 ounces of either a green drink (made from powder), vegetable juice or a berry drink. Though the plan is careful to mix certain veggies and fruits together to create a good mix of vitamins and minerals, it's lacking in many of the things that most nutritionists know are crucial for optimal health, including protein, essential fatty acids and fiber.

This type of diet program is very safe since it only uses fruits and vegetables. However, this type of diet program is not for everyone especially for those have serious health conditions. This diet program is really close to starvation method so any health problems might increase if the proper diet with consists of a healthy meal with solid food will not be observed. Although it claims you’ll still have the energy for the day, it will weaken you and during the first week, you’ll feel dizzy.

21 pounds in 21 days shows up in various women’s magazines every once in a while due to the fact that it does help you lose weight if you can stick with it. The other problem with this and other juice diets is that many people will still feel hungry for a large portion of the day.

answered by Standard | 10-15-2010 at 05:39 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.