Devil's Pool Victoria Falls Fatalities?

Has anyone ever fell of the edge of the devil's pool?
the devils pool at victoria falls in zimbabwe looks very dangerous. People get in and then get too close to the fall.
How many fatalities? I'm sure someone fell, it's too easy to die there.
So my question is how many deaths ?

asked by Freeze in Places of the World | 44924 views | 12-18-2009 at 03:34 PM

According to wikipedia and a transcript of the Australian TV show, Message Stick, Devil's Pool has taken 17 lives since 1959. The fatalities were cause by irresponsable people.

In 2005, the Australia TV program Message Stick gave an account of the Pool through interviews and testimonies of witnesses to investigate the prevalence of deaths to young male travellers over the years.

The Devil's Pool is very beautiful though, and if I lived near the Victoria Falls, I'd totally go for it.

It apparently has a natural ledge that stops foreign objects from moving farther down the waterfall.

answered by Mister | 12-18-2009 at 04:21 PM

Those statistics refer to an entirely different "Devil's Pool" in Australia.

answered by Guest | 02-16-2010 at 07:10 AM

The first answer has the two pools mistaken. The one in reference to the question is in Africa, at Victoria Falls.

I know of one death recently. A tour guide was helping someone, who slipped, and he plunged to his death.

Actually, it looks far more dangerous than it is.

answered by Guest | 10-03-2010 at 11:43 PM

I believe it's a beautiful place and anyone should be willing to take a risk because you'll die eventually.

answered by raliol | 05-13-2011 at 05:02 PM

FYI- It seems people are confusing the Devil's pool at Victoria Falls with the one in Australia. The one in Australia has had 17 deaths. Could not find statistics on one at Victoria Falls, but there is one article about a guide falling of the falls trying to help someone who lost his balace getting out.

answered by Guest | 07-22-2011 at 01:49 PM

Some of you people are talking about the wrong Devil's pool. Don't confuse them, you are just confusing everybody.

answered by Guest | 09-13-2011 at 04:55 PM

17 lives really? That's not such a bad number considering that other places like Disney and its parks have more deaths per year.

answered by Guest | 10-01-2011 at 08:34 PM

Actually I do believe it was found that he didn't fall from Devil's Pool, it was from an offsite location, not the pool. Just FYI.

answered by Guest | 12-15-2011 at 09:08 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.