My Blackberry Won't Connect To My Computer?

I brought a brand new Blackberry yesterday from Orange, everything else works fine but I can't connect my Blackberry to my computer, it just won't connect. When I connect my Blackberry to the computer via USB my Blackberry starts charging but when I go to the desktop manager it says there's no device connected.

I have a Windows XP computer, and I have all the latest Blackberry software that they give you with the phone.
Why is not connecting to my computer?

asked by Ring guy in Mobile Phones | 33500 views | 12-08-2009 at 06:47 PM

Maybe the software in your computer for the blackberry is NOT the latest.
to download the latest desktop manager go here:

Blackberry download

and select Desktop Manager V5.0 from the list

Make sure you properly configure DM once installed to see your BB using the USB port.

Also are you connecting directly to the PC or via a HUB? Blackberries do not like HUBs.
If it still won't connect to your computer, please reply back.

answered by Mose | 12-08-2009 at 06:50 PM

Help!
I'm having the same problem, it use to connect fine, now every time I try to connect its saying, before you begin verify that your device is connected. I dont know what to do because it is charging so I know the USB port is working. It isn't showing up in my computer either. Please help

answered by Guest | 04-23-2010 at 12:34 AM

You have to go to options (settings), click on memory, and then where it says 'auto enable mass storage mode when connected' click on prompt. then plug your bb into a computer, a message should appear saying 'do you want to turn on mass storage mode?', click yes and then it should work.

answered by Guest | 11-28-2010 at 09:30 AM

Trying and Trying
I have tried everything everyone has mentioned in these forums and NOTHING! Blackberry = FAIL

answered by Guest | 12-02-2010 at 11:22 PM

ARGG
I've been trying all flipping day trying to fix this crappy blackberry out! it's frozen, nothing works i have tried everything! I'm just fed up now. I do not recommend a blackberry to anyone they are awful.

answered by Guest | 07-27-2011 at 05:22 PM

From Orange France
I too have the same problem, since my new phone, but had a Canadian phone with Rogers and it worked well. Must be the French crap again. They love to sell foreigners crap and smile.

answered by Guest | 12-07-2011 at 05:38 PM

mines fixed :)
Basically I've had the same issue's as you guys, I fixed it by

1) going to options on my blackberry.
2) Click on memory.
3) Look for Where it says auto enable mass storage when connected.
4) If its on no, then that's your problem, just put it on yes and it should work.

answered by Guest | 12-17-2011 at 12:04 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.